DISCO OR RAP, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

ZeppFanForever

I aint "listening to the wrong stuff" at all, i just aint listening to it, PERIOD.
That's fine. All you had to say

Your right, i dont comprehend Rap, and i dont want to, its offensive to me, PERIOD

If they make references to Women as "Ho's" and "Bitches" then it aint civil to me or anyone else so i dont give them airtime, PERIOD..

And you think rock/metal is any less offensive? :blink:

And again, that's the kind of rap you've been exposed to. That's not the rap 90% of the people in here are talking about. We're referring to Eminem, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, etc.

Not Souljah Boy and 50 Cent...

That's fine. All you had to say

And you think rock/metal is any less offensive? :blink:

And again, that's the kind of rap you've been exposed to. That's not the rap 90% of the people in here are talking about. We're referring to Eminem, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, etc.

Not Souljah Boy and 50 Cent...

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways 'wanna be drummer' , please forgive me if i have offended you as it was not my intention.

If i find any "rock/metal" offensive then i wouldnt give it air time either, or anything that that group did either before or afterwards.

Dont tell me you have found something in the Zeppelin catalogue that is offensive please. :o

As for the people you have mentioned i will ask my two young sons to educate me on them, i have already heard some of the offensive stuff and i had made my mind up that they are all the same, so again i appologise for my misguided opinions. I didnt know that there are two types of Rap, is one Black and the other White or do i have that wrong as well? Please feel free to put me right.

Regards, Danny

i prefere rap. I don't like it too much either, but some boys of our class have formed a hip hop band, which is really good. And I do Poetry Slam myself, and rap is a bit related.

But I can't stand these ugly millionaires, that make profit of violence and sex.

For that, I prefere cock rock, the musics better at least.

And I never could stand Disco!

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways 'wanna be drummer' , please forgive me if i have offended you as it was not my intention.

If i find any "rock/metal" offensive then i wouldnt give it air time either, or anything that that group did either before or afterwards.

Dont tell me you have found something in the Zeppelin catalogue that is offensive please. :o

I'm not thin-skinned so I'm rarely offended. But if I had to guess, I'm assuming Black Dog and the Lemon Song could be offensive to feminists. Or what about Paradise City by GNR? Or Cat Scratch Fever by the Nuge? Rock objectifies women the same rap does, it's just no as blatant.

And again, the rap I'm referring does not do this

As for the people you have mentioned i will ask my two young sons to educate me on them, i have already heard some of the offensive stuff and i had made my mind up that they are all the same, so again i appologise for my misguided opinions. I didnt know that there are two types of Rap, is one Black and the other White or do i have that wrong as well? Please feel free to put me right.

Regards, Danny

They are all the same?

Here's the shit rap I'm talking about: Soulja Boy

Here's the non-offensive rap I love:

Sing for the Moment You should listen to the lyrics here. It might explain a lot

Keep ya Head Up

I have ten million more but I doubt you'll watch or listen to any so I'm not going to just waste my time. You get through that above, I'll be surprised. I love it. That's just Tupac and Eminem though. Just a small example of the rap I'm talking about. Maybe the Beastie Boys would be more your style, I dont know.

By the by, Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine raps in their songs....a lot

omfg rap is not the best firstly.... god what were you listening to growing up... yeah the music has its roots and beats... BUT THEY CAME FROM THE BLUES AND FUNK... hip hop is a sad reitteration of people just trying to spank the american $$$$$$. All it takes is a beat machine and some ugly retard slurring his words. And this is evident in almost all rap videos now a days... Now take a group like tribe called quest and you might be going somewhere. But id rather listen to andy gibb over tupac anyday. Im sorry if i dont want to rape my babies momma's momma for 3 hours with out a loop even being on!!!

omfg rap is not the best firstly.... god what were you listening to growing up... yeah the music has its roots and beats... BUT THEY CAME FROM THE BLUES AND FUNK... hip hop is a sad reitteration of people just trying to spank the american $$$$$$. All it takes is a beat machine and some ugly retard slurring his words. And this is evident in almost all rap videos now a days... Now take a group like tribe called quest and you might be going somewhere. But id rather listen to andy gibb over tupac anyday. Im sorry if i dont want to rape my babies momma's momma for 3 hours with out a loop even being on!!!

This is the stupidest post i've ever read.

You should be proud

lol well since my thoughts dont match yours im guessing it is... lmfao as much as i disagree i defend your right to state your mind freely.

and kid im imfamous for retarded posts... sue me?

As a matter of fact, it's not because our views don't match. It's because you're horribly ignorant on the subject. Let me break it down for you.

omfg rap is not the best firstly.... god what were you listening to growing up... yeah the music has its roots and beats... BUT THEY CAME FROM THE BLUES AND FUNK...

So did rock. Are you going to bitch about rock too?

hip hop is a sad reitteration of people just trying to spank the american $$$$$$. All it takes is a beat machine and some ugly retard slurring his words.
You're thinking of 50 Cent, and he's rap not hip-hop. There's a big difference. Hip-hop involves much more pure singing

And this is evident in almost all rap videos now a days...
I thought you just said hip-hop? :huh:

Now take a group like tribe called quest and you might be going somewhere. But id rather listen to andy gibb over tupac anyday. Im sorry if i dont want to rape my babies momma's momma for 3 hours with out a loop even being on!!!
You obviously don't know a whole lot about Tupac. Perhaps you should listen to his lyrics before you make broad sweeping statements. It would make you sound a little less "retarded"

Wanna Be, we get that you like Rap et all, but if someone doesn't like it, no matter how 'retarded' (a most charming expression if I ever heard one :rolleyes:) he appears to you, stop trying to get on the attack. They don't like it, they don't like it. Leave it at that. Doesn't make them a bad person. And it doesn't make them ignorant, either.

well ok maybe i classified hip hopa dn rap together, just shows i dont listen to the shit. and regardless what tupac is saying it still isnt gonna make the music good for me. And yea alot of rock did come from the blues but the issue is weather rap is better then disco. to me, to me rap is taking all talent out of the music. it would cost thousands to get a music video made by 50 cent but whats the worth whats the reward?is it so you can hear him vent about his lifes problems... they have doctors for that. Maybe if he did it creativly then yeah... but iv yet to hear a 50 cent song a) have the longivity of a rap song and B) half the talent it takes to make other music... You wanna hear someone preach .... go to a curch is all im saying.

But ill give it to ya that hip hop and rap isnt the same... but you have to be honest just because tupac is a legend doesnt mean hes good, He could just be the best at producing shit

I'm not thin-skinned so I'm rarely offended. But if I had to guess, I'm assuming Black Dog and the Lemon Song could be offensive to feminists. Or what about Paradise City by GNR? Or Cat Scratch Fever by the Nuge? Rock objectifies women the same rap does, it's just no as blatant.

They are all the same?

Sing for the Moment You should listen to the lyrics here. It might explain a lot

Keep ya Head Up

I have ten million more but I doubt you'll watch or listen to any so I'm not going to just waste my time. You get through that above, I'll be surprised. I love it. That's just Tupac and Eminem though. Just a small example of the rap I'm talking about. Maybe the Beastie Boys would be more your style, I dont know.

By the by, Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine raps in their songs....a lot

Thank you again 'wanna be drummer' , my eyes are now open, thanks to you.

And whats wrong with a song about a Black Dog? Or the Lemon Song? If you have a complaint about lyrics then address it to Robert, and what are feminist doing listening to testosterone fueled lyrics in the first place?

I did you the curtiosy of seeing all of the links that appear above, and as i said before, anyone can write lyrics, even you and me, although weather they are good lyrics or not other people decide.

But as i thought in the first place there is very little music in them that i would call great, lots of drums and synths and not much of what i like, guitars. Still everyone to their own, dont be surprised by my comments as very little music ever gets in to my collection.

To tell the truth i could not quite hear all the lyrics to "Sing for the moment" so if you could direct me to them i would be very greatful.

I aint a person who thinks that the music from my generation has to be the best, it just so happens that what i do like comes mostly from the 1960s to the 1970s, and theres also the Blues which are a favourite of mine, but nothing touches me "way down inside" as the music of Led Zeppelin, so dont be surprised by my choices as i wont be of yours.

Regards, Danny

PS, and as for feminists, well lets not go there, i like my women to be subservient, i said "like" that does not mean i get what i like you understand? :lol:

Wanna Be, we get that you like Rap et all, but if someone doesn't like it, no matter how 'retarded' (a most charming expression if I ever heard one :rolleyes:) he appears to you, stop trying to get on the attack. They don't like it, they don't like it. Leave it at that. Doesn't make them a bad person. And it doesn't make them ignorant, either.

I said "retarded' Becuase he said it...I wasn't serious about that.

And no one has to like rap. But to simply disregard it as trash and raping music is insulting to the genre and I'm not going to sit here and take it. Don't like it? Then say "Not a fan, don't like it". But don't come and say it's uncivilized or you don't want to rape somebody. That's just an insult to whomever listens to it.

And yes, it is highly ignorant to heavily (and incorrectly i might add) criticize something one knows nothing about

well ok maybe i classified hip hopa dn rap together, just shows i dont listen to the shit. and regardless what tupac is saying it still isnt gonna make the music good for me. And yea alot of rock did come from the blues but the issue is weather rap is better then disco. to me, to me rap is taking all talent out of the music. it would cost thousands to get a music video made by 50 cent but whats the worth whats the reward?is it so you can hear him vent about his lifes problems... they have doctors for that. Maybe if he did it creativly then yeah... but iv yet to hear a 50 cent song a) have the longivity of a rap song and B) half the talent it takes to make other music... You wanna hear someone preach .... go to a curch is all im saying.

I'd argue that alternative rock is killing good music more so than rap (Panic at the Disco? Wtf??)

I also hate 50 Cent by the way. Gangsta rap is garbage.

But ill give it to ya that hip hop and rap isnt the same... but you have to be honest just because tupac is a legend doesnt mean hes good, He could just be the best at producing shit

See, you don't like him. No big deal. All you had to say.

I'd like to add, however, that Tupac is in no way a god to me...he died because he refused to leave the ghetto lifestyle and that's his own fault. I still enjoy his music though.

well firstly the only reason why the rapping came up was because 75% of the rap iv heard has said it atleast once... yea they are lyrical artist outthere who cant sing... so they rap... if you going to take offence to my thought... lol then please dont shoot... could this be hostility stemming from the rap you choose to listen to?

and i because i dont like it i can state it anyway i want that shouldnt have any thing to do with weather you like it or listen to it. dude if you love the music love it... Im just simply stating the time and effort it takes to make a rap album or even hip hop is not as great as it takes for a rock album. Now reggae, roots thats where its at if your looking for lyrics... maybe 50, tupac and who else does this shit? should take a lesson from good old bob marley... now if i was ignorant would i listen to marley or peter tosh? maybe istead of speaking when you know nothing about it... you should just state your thoughts... just my 2 cents though

Thank you again 'wanna be drummer' , my eyes are now open, thanks to you.

And whats wrong with a song about a Black Dog? Or the Lemon Song? If you have a complaint about lyrics then address it to Robert, and what are feminist doing listening to testosterone fueled lyrics in the first place?

Women shouldn't listen to Zep? :unsure:

I did you the curtiosy of seeing all of the links that appear above, and as i said before, anyone can write lyrics, even you and me, although weather they are good lyrics or not other people decide.

But as i thought in the first place there is very little music in them that i would call great, lots of drums and synths and not much of what i like, guitars. Still everyone to their own, dont be surprised by my comments as very little music ever gets in to my collection.

This is good. We've determined why you don't care for the music. You're not just disregarding it as shit. This is good! :P

To tell the truth i could not quite hear all the lyrics to "Sing for the moment" so if you could direct me to them i would be very greatful.

Google's awesome.

I aint a person who thinks that the music from my generation has to be the best, it just so happens that what i do like comes mostly from the 1960s to the 1970s, and theres also the Blues which are a favourite of mine, but nothing touches me "way down inside" as the music of Led Zeppelin, so dont be surprised by my choices as i wont be of yours.

Regards, Danny

I would say your generation made the best music by far B)

The 70s ruled

PS, and as for feminists, well lets not go there, i like my women to be subservient, i said "like" that does not mean i get what i like you understand? :lol:

:lol:

I said "retarded' Becuase he said it...I wasn't serious about that.

And no one has to like rap. But to simply disregard it as trash and raping music is insulting to the genre and I'm not going to sit here and take it. Don't like it? Then say "Not a fan, don't like it". But don't come and say it's uncivilized or you don't want to rape somebody. That's just an insult to whomever listens to it.

And yes, it is highly ignorant to heavily (and incorrectly i might add) criticize something one knows nothing about

I appreciate that you can get pissed off when someone slags off a particular genre of music you like, but people will never be appeased and want to listen to the same as you. I got ribbed enough just for liking Zeppelin. I don't particularly care now, nor do I want to show them the error of their ways. It's their loss.

I think what people must remember is that, what was once Rap in it's most credible form, has been so diluted that what you hear on the radio or see on telly - which can be someone's first impression of it - is shit. It isn't the true representation of Rap. Just like Death Metal isn't the true representation of Rock or Heavy Metal.

And on that basis alone, some people will never have the desire to listen to it.

well firstly the only reason why the rapping came up was because 75% of the rap iv heard has said it atleast once... yea they are lyrical artist outthere who cant sing... so they rap... if you going to take offence to my thought... lol then please dont shoot... could this be hostility stemming from the rap you choose to listen to?
Read your first post. It's more hostile than anything I wrote.

My Disturbed albums make more hostile than rap could ever do...

and i because i dont like it i can state it anyway i want that shouldnt have any thing to do with weather you like it or listen to it. dude if you love the music love it... Im just simply stating the time and effort it takes to make a rap album or even hip hop is not as great as it takes for a rock album. Now reggae, roots thats where its at if your looking for lyrics... maybe 50, tupac and who else does this shit? should take a lesson from good old bob marley... now if i was ignorant would i listen to marley or peter tosh? maybe istead of speaking when you know nothing about it... you should just state your thoughts... just my 2 cents though

I'm not saying you don't have the right to state your opinion, but I'd ask you to do so without just throwing the genre away as hating-on-women bull shit...

I appreciate that you can get pissed off when someone slags off a particular genre of music you like, but people will never be appeased and want to listen to the same as you. I got ribbed enough just for liking Zeppelin. I don't particularly care now, nor do I want to show them the error of their ways. It's their loss.

Look, I don't care if one doesn't like rap or hip-hop. I've said this multiple times now. But when people start saying that it's all about hating on women and shooting people and doing drugs, then I have a problem.

I think what people must remember is that, what was once Rap in it's most credible form, has been so diluted that what you hear on the radio or see on telly - which can be someone's first impression of it - is shit. It isn't the true representation of Rap. Just like Death Metal isn't the true representation of Rock or Heavy Metal.

Great post.

And on that basis alone, some people will never have the desire to listen to it.

I know and that's fine.

They are all the same?

Keep ya Head Up

You are so right. I love Zach de la Rocha and Rage Against the Machine. But, obviously Rage is playing hard rock music on their own instruments, not using some infernal drum machine or never changing base line, right? And, I don't know every single one of their songs, but aren't most of their lyrics socially and politically oriented, as opposed to some gangstas just calling women Ho's?

Women shouldn't listen to Zep? :unsure:

This is good. We've determined why you don't care for the music. You're not just disregarding it as shit. This is good! :P

Google's awesome.

I would say your generation made the best music by far B)

The 70s ruled

:lol:

Thanks again Mr Drummer, i have the link bookmarked and have read the lyrics and too be fare they aint bad, they make more sence than most.

"Women shouldn't listen to Zep" get out of hear, women love being treated like women, like children they " should be seen but not heard" :lol: society has taken away their femiminity by treating them the same as men, this has belittled them, well all except lesbians.

Theres nothing better than holding open a door for a lady and she going all shy and saying "thank you very much young man, that was very kind of you" than one saying "theres no need for that, i can open a door by myself you know".

We had a saying in the seventies, "I'm a lover not a fighter", well i think i was both as i never liked dancing or the music that went with it, i did love the seventies, but dont believe that Rock was at the forefront of peoples desires in music.

You could count the places to hear Rock Music on one hand in the whole of East London, whereas Disco was played in just about every young persons Pub, and there were hundreds to chose from. Only in the nineties did Rock get any public credability, i actually liked it better when it was an underground movement, it was more mystical. Oh and the fact that i looked like a Norse God thet got me more noticed by girls than any of my mates dance moves. :D

My son has just told me that Eminem is just as bad as the rest of the rappers, he said to listed to "Puke" and see what i think of him, he said he likes MCing more than rap, do you know what he means?

Regards, Danny

You are so right. I love Zach de la Rocha and Rage Against the Machine. But, obviously Rage is playing hard rock music on their own instruments, not using some infernal drum machine or never changing base line, right? And, I don't know every single one of their songs, but aren't most of their lyrics socially and politically oriented, as opposed to some gangstas just calling women Ho's?

You are correct, they use their instruments. However, take away the guitar and it's still music...just not as good I'll admit.

As far as hoes go, again the rap I listen to is nothing like that. That's this modern gangsta rap stuff I don't like

Archived