DISCO OR RAP, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

ZeppFanForever

my favorites of both genres, or;

(it just goes to show you can find something to like in everything-if you try hard enough):

disco: chic - 'good times'

queen - 'another one bites the dust'

the gap band - 'party train'

rap: public enemy - 'bring the noize'

beastie boys - 'pass the mic'

run dmc - 'it's tricky'

Yes, thats all it takes, strumming. You might not like the way it is strummed but it is still music, and lyrics are still lyrics, even if they make no sence. And you know what drug use can do to lyrics? Well if you have never taken drugs (LSD esp) then those lyrics will make no sence too you will they?

That's not true and you're only saying it so as to make you look right. A five year old hitting a string on my bass is not playing a bass. An 80 year old who made a poem to his wife is not rapping.

But for me music (Guitars and instruments) is much harder to fake and produce than lyrics, i can play other peoples music but i cant write music myself but i can write lyrics even if no one thinks anything of them.

Regards, Danny

So what? I can bullshit drums pretty easily, doesn't mean I'm good at it. I can write lyrics all I want, doesn't make them good.

Your argument is flawed.

I love how this thread has as many pages as the VP Debate thread does... Ah, the flaming controversies of our our time: Obama or McCain? Biden or Palin? Disco or Rap? The fate of our country rests on the outcome...

Considering this is a Led Zeppelin website as opposed to dailykos or libertylounge.net, yes I would think that musical threads would be as popular as non-musical threads.

And this is coming from a guy who spends most of his forum time in political threads :rolleyes:

That's not true and you're only saying it so as to make you look right. A five year old hitting a string on my bass is not playing a bass. An 80 year old who made a poem to his wife is not rapping.

So what? I can bullshit drums pretty easily, doesn't mean I'm good at it. I can write lyrics all I want, doesn't make them good.

Your argument is flawed.

I agree with you, i'm only pulling your leg, you need more humour, and stay cool.

Regards, Danny

I'm very good at catching sarcasm. You guise yours...

Hey i know my lyrics were shit, but just a little funny dont you think? Listen i aint gonna disrespect your love of music and lyrics, but all i'm saying is, Led Zeppelin without the lyrics is still excelent stand alone music, you cant say that about all genres of music can you? Sometimes the music is there to accompany the lyrics, take the lyrics away and the music doesnt stand up, you know what i mean dont you?

Regards, Danny

Why do people take it so personally when someone says what they do/don't like? God, lighten up.

Really, about time!

I personally prefer

(just listen to that voice OMG!)

but

is so funny I don't even find it offensive.

Yes I'm sure there's the good and the bad in every genre. I'm sure all rap isn't as bad as the garbage gangsta rap blaring outta speakers of a car stopped next to me at the red light (driven by a tard with excessively hostile attitude) making me cringe and avoid eye contact. But such is the most common exposure, making most people recoil.

I love how this thread has as many pages as the VP Debate thread does... Ah, the flaming controversies of our our time: Obama or McCain? Biden or Palin? Disco or Rap? The fate of our country rests on the outcome...

:hysterical:

I think they call it boredom lol

If I pick just one I will say that disco is better...Bee gees!! :ph34r:

Too bad their legacy is entrenched in Disco. Still not my cuppa tea, but their best material, BY FAR, was in the 1960s. The 70s disco scene was the nadir of their career.

• 1 year later...

How's it going all? I originally wrote this thread on 30 September 2008, but I figured that I would bring it back especially since there are new members here on the forum that have not seen this thread yet. Now I ask you, my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, which would you prefer, Disco or Rap? Please enlighten me. ROCK ON FOREVER everyone!

I'm going to have to go with disco on this. My preference is rock/blues/metal/ or anything with guitar. I am a hugh music fan and have stuff from almost every genre. I like some rap, mainly "old school" rap and anything with scratching in it (as I feel there some real talent in that). I also like some new stuff as well (I do not like the majority of modern rap). As for disco I love the funky beat and groove that comes with it, where as with rap it's either good or really bad and for me, not much in between. I find that bad disco is still much better than bad rap. Just my opinion of course.

As a side note: What is with all these rappers today with collaboration. It like blah blah featuring blah blah, featuring blah blah, featuring blah blah. Do they write their own stuff anymore??????

I'm going to have to go with disco on this. My preference is rock/blues/metal/ or anything with guitar. I am a hugh music fan and have stuff from almost every genre. I like some rap, mainly "old school" rap and anything with scratching in it (as I feel there some real talent in that). I also like some new stuff as well (I do not like the majority of modern rap). As for disco I love the funky beat and groove that comes with it, where as with rap it's either good or really bad and for me, not much in between. I find that bad disco is still much better than bad rap. Just my opinion of course.

As a side note: What is with all these rappers today with collaboration. It like blah blah featuring blah blah, featuring blah blah, featuring blah blah. Do they write their own stuff anymore??????

Hi "timothy5151!" How are you doing? In my opinion, I prefer Disco over Rap. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

How's it going all? First of all, I would like to thank everyone of you that posted a comment on this thread. I must say, this thread grew with a mind of its own. Why? Because I am rolling on the floor laughing my ass off at some of these humorous posts! Some of these posts are so f*c*ing funny that I can't stop laughing. All of you made this thread what it is, and I truly would like to thank all of you for the laughs. God damn, my sides hurt! ROCK ON FOREVER!

Archived