DISCO OR RAP, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

ZeppFanForever

Hi "Ady!" How are you doing? :hysterical: If Hollywood would make another version of THE WIZARD OF OZ, this guy would be perfect as one of the munchkins singing this song! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

Sorry to go off-topic, ZFF, but he does a song about lesbians too:

And peanuts:

Sorry to go off-topic, ZFF, but he does a song about lesbians too:

And peanuts:

Hi "Ady!" How are you doing today? Thats perfectly ok "Ady," besides, these videos are perfect to add to this thread! It just makes this thread that much funnier. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I really couldn't choose between the two because I like both for totally different reasons.

The Disco I like is from the 70's to early 80's mainly. It's escapism music to me, music without any real care about what's going on the world. Rap/Hip-Hop I like from the 80's to early 90's & most of it I like because of the lyrics dealing with what is going on in the world whether on a large scale or just in that artists neighborhood. Also the beats & samples were more inventive during that time period.

As far as Disco, I love Donna Summer. She was great. Others, & I throw funk & R&B into this as well as far as dance music, Labelle, Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament, ABBA, The Bee Gees, Chic, Rufus, Rick James, early Prince, KC & The Sunshine Band, Madonna, Michael Jackson/The Jacksons, & various one hit wonders.

As far as Rap/Hip-Hop Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, A Trible Called Quest, Eric B & Rakim, Grandmaster Flash, The Treacherous 3, Funky 4 + 1, Sugarhill Gang, Run Dmc, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J & various other one hit woners.

I also liked the whole "New Jack Swing" of the late 80's early 90's with New Edition, Bel Biv Devoe, TLC, En Vogue, Janet Jackson, The Time, etc.

I really couldn't choose between the two because I like both for totally different reasons.

The Disco I like is from the 70's to early 80's mainly. It's escapism music to me, music without any real care about what's going on the world. Rap/Hip-Hop I like from the 80's to early 90's & most of it I like because of the lyrics dealing with what is going on in the world whether on a large scale or just in that artists neighborhood. Also the beats & samples were more inventive during that time period.

As far as Disco, I love Donna Summer. She was great. Others, & I throw funk & R&B into this as well as far as dance music, Labelle, Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament, ABBA, The Bee Gees, Chic, Rufus, Rick James, early Prince, KC & The Sunshine Band, Madonna, Michael Jackson/The Jacksons, & various one hit wonders.

As far as Rap/Hip-Hop Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, A Trible Called Quest, Eric B & Rakim, Grandmaster Flash, The Treacherous 3, Funky 4 + 1, Sugarhill Gang, Run Dmc, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J & various other one hit woners.

I also liked the whole "New Jack Swing" of the late 80's early 90's with New Edition, Bel Biv Devoe, TLC, En Vogue, Janet Jackson, The Time, etc.

You have great tastes in music "kakdaddy," I love the same artists as you do. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

How's it going all? I'm STILL laughing my ass off at many of these posts. The Obama Gets The Noble Peace Prize thread is even funnier. Thanks for the laughs guys, as the old saying goes, "laughter is the best medicine!" ROCK ON FOREVER ZEPPELIN fans!

Well, I'm going to go with disco on this because I absolutely HATE rap! I honestly don't see the talent in putting a bunch of words together that nobody can understand and then stealing someone else's riffs because they can't think of their own music. I like some disco songs (Funkytown being my favorite :D ), but honestly I prefer classic rock over disco. I prefer ANYTHING over rap!! :lol:

Well, I'm going to go with disco on this because I absolutely HATE rap! I honestly don't see the talent in putting a bunch of words together that nobody can understand and then stealing someone else's riffs because they can't think of their own music. I like some disco songs (Funkytown being my favorite :D ), but honestly I prefer classic rock over disco. I prefer ANYTHING over rap!! :lol:

Hi "a clockwork tangerine!" How are you doing? I feel the same way as you, I prefer ANYTHING over rap! May I add you as a friend? Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER!

Disco is music. Not my cup of tea, but it does satisfy the definition. Rap is more a form of angry poetic recitation which I don't care for either. Just before 105,9 became

theedge_logo.jpg

it was briefly a fantastic oldies station that played a wonderful and representative mix of music that really exposed how wonderful black American music was before Disco and Rap. Not to say there is nothing of that tradition remaining. It just seems that Rap and other forms of tripe have overshadowed what I find more appealing.

One place to find excellent black music is in the Christian realm. I'm not Christian, but I do like the music.

I don't like either, really, but I'd rather listen to disco. Rap's lyrics can get really hateful and disgusting. :burp: Disco, however, tends to be fairly harmless, and some of it is actually good. I'm a classic rock fan, really. :D

:peace:,

Jo

Hi Jo! How are you? I miss you! Personally, I'd rather listen to Disco over Rap. I LOVE CLASSIC ROCK TOO! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

this is a hometown show. You categorize it.

Hi "Atlas!" How are you doing? I read about your girlfriend, all you can do is take it one day at a time.

WOW, I haven't heard this song in years! This song sounds like HENDRIX playing a little like David Gilmour. This song sounds fantastic! Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I prefer disco, especially the Bee Gees. Love the way Grateful Dead interpreted disco too--Shakedown Street. Yet, I do like some rap songs very much.

Hi "Fan_S.!" And how are we doing today? Believe it or not, I DO LOVE THE BEE GEES AND THE GRATEFUL DEAD! Both of these bands, besides THE ROLLING STONES, KISS and ROD STEWART, all contributed some incredible Disco songs back in the day. In my opinion, they all sounded great! Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I can't stand either at all, whenever I hear rap on the radio I just want to throw a rock at it, disco just annoys the crap out of me, but if someone held a gun at my head and said 'choose or die'....disco.

Hi "Jimmy's A Legend!" How are you? Believe it or not, I did not like Disco very much in the 1970's. I only heard Disco because my then girlfriend Donna loved some of the songs. When I hear Rap today, now I long for Disco. Matter of fact, I recall a nightclub or Discotheque in Los Angeles playing an edited version of "Carouselambra" in 1979. You have to admit, it does have a dancing feel to it when it is edited. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER!

Disco is music. Not my cup of tea, but it does satisfy the definition. Rap is more a form of angry poetic recitation which I don't care for either. Just before 105,9 became

theedge_logo.jpg

it was briefly a fantastic oldies station that played a wonderful and representative mix of music that really exposed how wonderful black American music was before Disco and Rap. Not to say there is nothing of that tradition remaining. It just seems that Rap and other forms of tripe have overshadowed what I find more appealing.

One place to find excellent black music is in the Christian realm. I'm not Christian, but I do like the music.

Hey "Atlas!" Welcome back to my humble thread! Like yourself, I love the Blues (1930's up to the present) and Soul music from the 60's. I also love Funk music. I will choose Disco over Rap any day. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Hi "Jimmy's A Legend!" How are you? Believe it or not, I did not like Disco very much in the 1970's. I only heard Disco because my then girlfriend Donna loved some of the songs. When I hear Rap today, now I long for Disco. Matter of fact, I recall a nightclub or Discotheque in Los Angeles playing an edited version of "Carouselambra" in 1979. You have to admit, it does have a dancing feel to it when it is edited. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER!

Omg that's reminded me of a time, some months ago when I heard someone RAPPED STH!! I wanted to punch them so much...ruined a great song...<_< Rock on too :P

Due to popular demand and going against every instinct in my body, i won't bitch out every single one of you who have said rap isn't music.

Instead I'll simply say that Rap is by far my favorite between the two.

Renegades of Funk bitches

How's it going "wanna be drummer?" You are entitled to your opinion and I respect you for it. For me personally, I have never said that Rap wasn't music like some of our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics have stressed, I just stressed that I would prefer Disco over Rap any day. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

How's it going "wanna be drummer?" You are entitled to your opinion and I respect you for it. For me personally, I have never said that Rap wasn't music like some of our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics have stressed, I just stressed that I would prefer Disco over Rap any day. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

Hey man, it's all cool. No one has to like it but it just pisses me off when people say that rap isn't music. See, I play bass with kids and we'v made rap music with our sound so for someone to say that we didn't make music is bullshit.

Hey man, it's all cool. No one has to like it but it just pisses me off when people say that rap isn't music. See, I play bass with kids and we'v made rap music with our sound so for someone to say that we didn't make music is bullshit.

Now I understand why and where you are coming from! With you being a bassist, there are a lot of bass patterns and chords in Rap music. I must admit, Bassists are doing with Rap music what Guitarists did with Hard Rock music. When I hear the song "Maria Maria" by SANTANA, you can feel the bass sound pumping along with SANTANA'S guitar riffs and licks. "Maria Maria's" music sounds a tab like Rap music, what do you think? Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I had some friends high school and college who introduced me to a few fun rap artists, so I like rap a bit more than disco, but the rest of the music now all sounds the same. (Now I sound like Jimmy 'it all sounds the same to me, just with different singers.." :D )and I have to go back to good rock --- or real soundtracks like by Miklos Rosza.

Archived