Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Rock N' Rollin' Man

Frontmen Of Rock

Frontman of Rock  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest Frontman of Rock of all time?

• Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
    • Jim Morrison (The Doors)
    • Alice Cooper
    • Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    • Bon Scott (AC/DC)
    • Roger Daltrey (The Who)
    • Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
    • David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
    • Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
    • Other
  2. 2. If Robert, who would be second?

• David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
    • Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
    • Roger Daltrey (The Who)
    • Bon Scott (AC/DC)
    • Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    • Alice Cooper
    • Jim Morrison (The Doors)
    • Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
    • Other

Where's Freddie? :o

Indeed!

How come no Freddie Mercury on that list?? <_<

Not to disrespect anyone named,but there's a difference between having a great voice and being a great frontman-or woman-of a band.

There's also a difference between a singer and a vocalist,but that's a whole different thread.

Robert is by far My #1 pick next would be Mick Jagger

also Freddie Mercury , Alice Cooper , Paul Rogers , Steven Tyler , Peter Wolf , Ian Gillan , Ozzy ,even though not around as long as a lot of the rest have to add the Great Ronnie Van Zant.

Robert is my favorite, but next comes Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger, Jim Morrison, Paul Rodgers, Steve Perry......It is hard to choose just one sometimes, LOL! :D

Robert Plant!

Of course. Wouldn't it be a shame if he lost in this forum???? :D

Anyway, not only due to the choices given but at any given time he will win this handsdown.

If I were to vote a second - I'd put Freddie Mercury up there right after RP.

I'm with you man! Go RP. :D

Not to disrespect anyone named,but there's a difference between having a great voice and being a great frontman-or woman-of a band.

+1

After Robert, my choice would be Steven Tyler. Even now he's a fantastic frontman. Who else can do a back flip at 60 years old??

I completely agree!

There have been many great frontmen through the years but Robert IMHO is the best of the lot. He had a presence unlike any other frontman. He could walk out on stage and just stand there and the crowd would erupt. I know this to be true because he did just that in Vancouver on the 73 tour but that's a whole other story :D Everyone in the band had that quality but, we are talking frontmen here

Robert has not equal!! :notworthy:

I like Mike because he is full of energy, he is like a Twister and look like nothing can stop him!!! :running:

Aha! I see you succeeded. :) Well, I voted for Robert, but in the second part my vote for "other" went to Bruce Springsteen. B)

Bruce , Wow . Thats absurd . Bruce is Bob Seger Ripoff.

There have been many great frontmen through the years but Robert IMHO is the best of the lot. He had a presence unlike any other frontman. He could walk out on stage and just stand there and the crowd would erupt. I know this to be true because he did just that in Vancouver on the 73 tour but that's a whole other story :D Everyone in the band had that quality but, we are talking frontmen here

I definitely agree. Robert has so much charisma and presence...you can feel his powerful on-stage energy even when he's only talkin' to the crowd...Robert is the ultimate frontman of rock period.

I definitely agree. Robert has so much charisma and presence...you can feel his powerful on-stage energy even when he's only talkin' to the crowd...Robert is the ultimate frontman of rock period.

Amen to that :)

I have another version.After Robert,of course,I would pick Paul Rodgers.For me he totally represents ROCK-voice,style and stage appearance.I really think he is awesome :)

Robert is the best frontman ever. I chose Jim Morrison second, but I think there are a lot of guys that could be second, just without a doubt Robert is first.

No particular order

Robert Plant, Freddy Mercury, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltrey and Steve Perry

Edited by Dzldoc