Palin or Biden

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Who do you think is the better of the two?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be the better Vice President candidate?

• Sarah Palin
    • Joe Biden

Yes I know. But again, so what? is that just a statement or were you going somewhere with that?

I can't speak for Ledded1 but....'the most powerful' country deserves someone who can represent them as just that.

I don't want to just bash Palin. I actually feel sorry for her. She accepted an offer she couldn't refuse without realizing the full impact of that decision. McCain used her to his advantage. I don't think she is VP material, and it seems it would be difficult to defend the postion that she IS. I think most of us are more aware of what is going on in the world around us than she is. I respect her for how far she has gotten herself, however everyone should be aware of their limitations. Would she ever someday be able to fill such a position? I don't know, perhaps. But it's clear to most people that she is not. I don't want her representing our country. A big smile and the ability to verbally dodge questions really shouldn't be on the list of requirements for a VP.

Added in conclusion: What message are we sending to the world if we elect Ms. Palin as VP?

I can't speak for Ledded1 but....'the most powerful' country deserves someone who can represent them as just that.

I don't want to just bash Palin. I actually feel sorry for her. She accepted an offer she couldn't refuse without realizing the full impact of that decision. McCain used her to his advantage. I don't think she is VP material, and it seems it would be difficult to defend the postion that she IS. I think most of us are more aware of what is going on in the world around us than she is. I respect her for how far she has gotten herself, however everyone should be aware of their limitations. Would she ever someday be able to fill such a position? I don't know, perhaps. But it's clear to most people that she is not. I don't want her representing our country. A big smile and the ability to verbally dodge questions really shouldn't be on the list of requirements for a VP.

Added in conclusion: What message are we sending to the world if we elect Ms. Palin as VP?

The same message we sent the world the last eight pathetic years (the last four should have never happened). I don't think she will ever be Presidential material or any where near it. She has a very narrow view of our country and even more narrow view of the world. That's just who she is. Another wonder, how she managed to get into the position she is in. Same mind boggling stuff that Bush's two term is made of.

Anyway, i can't wait to see how stupid she looks 45 minutes from now. I know, the Repubs will love her no matter how stupid she sounds, lol.

The same message we sent the world the last eight pathetic years (the last four should have never happened). I don't think she will ever be Presidential material or any where near it. She has a very narrow view of our country and even more narrow view of the world. That's just who she is. Another wonder, how she managed to get into the position she is in. Same mind boggling stuff that Bush's two term is made of.

Anyway, i can't wait to see how stupid she looks 45 minutes from now. I know, the Repubs will love her no matter how stupid she sounds, lol.

That seems to be true....in the republican fantasies she shits rosepetals :rolleyes:

I can only speak for myself but I welcome and encourage others from outside the US to share their opinions!!

That's because people like you are kind and considerate :)

I always welcome what other people think of Britain and Europe. And I always think that whatever decisions are made, it's not just us who live by them.

Sadly, I cannot say the same for some posters here. Some have this mentality that if it ain't American, it ain't welcome.

I always welcome what other people think of Britain and Europe. And I always think that whatever decisions are made, it's not just us who live by them.

Sadly, I cannot say the same for some posters here. Some have this mentality that if it ain't American, it ain't welcome.

I think people outside the US are at times, more aware of what goes on here politically than those who are actual citizens. I wish that I was more aware of the goings on politically in Europe or Britain or even Australia, because I'm a nerd and I like reading up on stuff like that.....so I probably should. I know the Canadian Federal elections are going right now, as a friend of mine who lives in Vancouver has been bitching about it. LOL.

Yes, just in case you haven't noticed...we are a country deeply divided. Just about 1/2 of us think we can remain a Superpower using old tactics and approaches WORLD issues. The other half beleive that we need to change our ways to become a remain a true super power and not just bullies.

I think people outside the US are at times, more aware of what goes on here politically than those who are actual citizens. I wish that I was more aware of the goings on politically in Europe or Britain or even Australia, because I'm a nerd and I like reading up on stuff like that.....so I probably should. I know the Canadian Federal elections are going right now, as a friend of mine who lives in Vancouver has been bitching about it. LOL.

I've always held your country in high regard, and I try and go almost annually, so I take an interest in what happens. I remember when I was 7 my family and I were completely amazed when everyone would say, 'Have a nice day'. We never get that here! We couldn't get over how nice you all were. That has always stuck with me :)

We have newsreaders and reporters constantly presenting the news somewhere in America - just this week it was from Wall Street and a day later Capitol Hill. So, maybe it's not a matter of you not paying enough awareness internationally, but more like we're too nosey :D

And for what it's worth, you're one of the most intelligent and rational people on here - I'm always interested in what you have to say. You speak a lot of truth.

Thank you, that was very kind. I think the only news anchors who present international news (aside from the war) are on the cable news stations, not necessarily network. I honestly think the only international news coverage I've seen on any of the major networks are centered around the war. I think I heard CNN mention the Canadian elections, but it was very brief. Yet I know people in London who know more about our upcoming elections than some people here do. They actually stayed up to watch the 1st debate and are watching the VP debate tonight, even though it's a 5 hour time difference. That's amazing to me.

Thank you, that was very kind. I think the only news anchors who present international news (aside from the war) are on the cable news stations, not necessarily network. I honestly think the only international news coverage I've seen on any of the major networks are centered around the war. I think I heard CNN mention the Canadian elections, but it was very brief. Yet I know people in London who know more about our upcoming elections than some people here do. They actually stayed up to watch the 1st debate and are watching the VP debate tonight, even though it's a 5 hour time difference. That's amazing to me.

I'm watching the debate on BBC online right now as we speak. It's past 2 in the morning, I'm tired as hell, but you'll be surprised how many more, like me, will watch it.

Oddly enough, we haven't heard a thing about the Canadian election.

WTF

Palin has a laptop on her podium.

She has twelve small midgets running a Linux based server right behind her connected directly to google.

Karl Rove is suspended just out of the camera range above her.

She is wearing her little black dress.

Joe Biden face is digitally readjusted to look cranky.

Just kidding on the last one.

Told you. Palins on the offensive. Trying to keep Biden from talking...and its working??

She's getting her shit pushed in from the moderator because she won't answer any of the questions. She's reciting talking points and nothing more. I figured that's what she'd do, but damn it ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU'RE BEING ASKED.

She's getting her shit pushed in from the moderator because she won't answer any of the questions. She's reciting talking points and nothing more. I figured that's what she'd do, but damn it ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU'RE BEING ASKED.

Oh please. Biden just danced all the way around that question about "What can't you promise?"

Oh please. Biden just danced all the way around that question about "What can't you promise?"

She's gone 0-5 in answering questions so far. She even told the moderator she may not answer the questions, but she'll say what she wants! She said that! In a debate! Is she fucking nuts?!

She's gone 0-5 in answering questions so far. She even told the moderator she may not answer the questions, but she'll say what she wants! She said that! In a debate! Is she fucking nuts?!

Wrong. She said she wouldn't answer the questions in the way Biden or the moderator want her to. There's a HUGE difference!!!

Archived