Palin or Biden

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Who do you think is the better of the two?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be the better Vice President candidate?

• Sarah Palin
    • Joe Biden

She's gone 0-5 in answering questions so far. She even told the moderator she may not answer the questions, but she'll say what she wants! She said that! In a debate! Is she fucking nuts?!

It's just so unpresidential and cringeworthy, the way she says "Ya" instead of "you"; leaves all the G's off anything ending in ing, and of course there's NuKeYooLer... :blink: I can't tell if that's really her style, or she is trying to be folksy. :unsure:

It's just so unpresidential and cringeworthy, the way she says "Ya" instead of "you"; leaves all the G's off anything ending in ing, and of course there's NuKeYooLer... :blink: I can't tell if that's really her style, or she is trying to be folksy. :unsure:

She has an accent. Why must everyone condemn that

Maybe McCain harbors a sense of guilt because he failed to win the war in Viet Nam, and so now he is trying to compensate for that lack by insisting that the United States win the war in Iraq.

Biden points out that there is no need to remain in Iraq, that the significant challenge from Al-Quaida rests in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

You were the one called a racist here the other day. Out of respect to that person I wont mention them. You know who it is and that they are right. Call me whatever you like. I try to avoid these quarrels that you love to get in to. And me saying that Palin is doing well makes me a racist? This is the last time I will talk to you. Do me a favor and dont talk to me again either.

I belived i called myself a racist a few times.

Again, Im being funny, I am a Palin supporter. I was not on the McCain train until he picked Palin. I even called it back in July. I think Palin is doing a good job. Im just being fair that Biden has attacked McCain better than Palin has on Obama, but Biden comments will be fact checked and proven wrong.

So i agree with you.

P.S. Obama has used that black slang from time to time, so a lady from Alaska with an accent is nothing new to the American people. Some people just hate people different from them I guess.

God forbid she isn't talking perfectly :rolleyes:

As long as it's something important

Well, it is important. If she is running for the second highest office in America, she should be able to pronounce words properly and not act cutesy :blink: Not only does it turn off voters, but it would seriously harm her credibility in foreign policy.

Well, it is important. If she is running for the second highest office in America, she should be able to pronounce words properly and not act cutesy :blink: Not only does it turn off voters, but it would seriously harm her credibility in foreign policy.

If it turned off voters, the Republicans would've definitely told her so before the debate. And how would it "seriously harm her credibility in foreign policy"? You're joking right.

I'm going out, see ya guys

She did better than I thought she would, but her whole "I may not answer the questions the way you want" thing was bullshit. It's code for, "I'm not answering the actual question because I can't." She's definately got character and personality and a great family but no way, Jose. Spunk is cute, but knowledge rules. It was no contest.

On another note: She sounds like she's from Minnesota/Wisconsin! Is that a typical accent from Alaska? If anyone knows, I'd be interested. She could so easily be from my neck of the woods with that accent.

If it turned off voters, the Republicans would've definitely told her so before the debate. And how would it "seriously harm her credibility in foreign policy"? You're joking right.

I'm going out, see ya guys

No, I'm not. I'm thinking of diplomacy and cultural differences, protocols etc. and wondering how she would be perceived (she actually said you guys and doggone it during the debate for instance).

She did better than I thought she would, but her whole "I may not answer the questions the way you want" thing was bullshit. It's code for, "I'm not answering the actual question because I can't." She's definately got character and personality and a great family but no way, Jose. Spunk is cute, but knowledge rules. It was no contest.

On another note: She sounds like she's from Minnesota/Wisconsin! Is that a typical accent from Alaska? If anyone knows, I'd be interested. She could so easily be from my neck of the woods with that accent.

She displayed her own agenda when it came to how she did or did not answer questions. She did seem evasive and that was probably a mistake. She'll do that if she assumes office also, chances are. It's probably a habit. It would have been easier to just answer the questions.

It made her appear weak to behave as if she is too uncomfortable to answer the questions that Senator Biden had no problem addressing. Of course he's used to questions from his experience in the Senate. It's possible that in the past she has controlled what happens during her public address exchanges, whereas he can answer just about any question that comes his way with a fair amount of ease.

I did not notice a particular accent in her speech pattern. Maybe it was subtle.

I thought Biden did a great job of attacking her positions without sounding smug or being overly harsh. That would get a "sexist" label, even though she should be treated like any other candidate and not handled with kid gloves because she's a chick.

I was worried that Joe might be a little too OTT but he did a great job of reigning it in and being brash at right moments.

Palin just sounded like a babbling fool. It sounded like she had a speech memorized in her head and she was trying to put the talking points in the right order and she kept going of on tangents and not answering the questions right......it was ridiculous. The GOP will naturally say she won because she didn't shit herself or pass out on the lectern. When you lower the expectations that far, anything short of a coma is what'll work.

I thought Biden did a great job of attacking her positions without sounding smug or being overly harsh. That would get a "sexist" label, even though she should be treated like any other candidate and not handled with kid gloves because she's a chick.

I was worried that Joe might be a little too OTT but he did a great job of reigning it in and being brash at right moments.

Palin just sounded like a babbling fool. It sounded like she had a speech memorized in her head and she was trying to put the talking points in the right order and she kept going of on tangents and not answering the questions right......it was ridiculous. The GOP will naturally say she won because she didn't shit herself or pass out on the lectern. When you lower the expectations that far, anything short of a coma is what'll work.

The media missed all that.

Archived