Iron Butterfly

EtherealAirship

I love this band! It's another rock group from my past that the critics hated, but the fans loved. I bought "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in 1968 against the will of my devout Christian parents. My mother took one look at the album cover with psychedelic art work and screamed "Look at the dirty hippies!" "Ewww, I touched it, now I'll have to go home and take a bath!" I couldn't stop laughing for hours after that. I still laugh about it.

I really thought the guitarist Erik Braunn was brilliant. (God rest his soul) I still think Ron Bushy is an incredible drummer. I never saw them live, but I have a few live bootlegs of them including their official "Live" album. Their album "Ball" is very good and their first album "Heavy" is excellent. Anyone else see this band live or a fan of the band?

I love this band! It's another rock group from my past that the critics hated, but the fans loved. I bought "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in 1968 against the will of my devout Christian parents.

This song is really something! But unfortunately that is the only one I know from IB... :(

HUH? :unsure:

Are you referring to "Butterfly Bleu" from 1970? Not totally an instrumental by any means, Mike Pinera sings on it. But there IS one hell of a jam there. :D

How's it going "Rock Action" my man as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic was referring to a instrumental song called the "Iron Butterfly Theme" from the HEAVY album recorded in 1968. This song would later be edit issued as a B-side to "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" Arco single in 1968. ROCK ON!

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was the very first album I ever bought with my own money. It was $2.99. Ha!, I just realized I got that 40 years ago this year!!! :D

Besides the title track, the songs on side B were excellent too. Flowers and Bead, Termination, Are You Happy, My Mirage and another. Lee Dorman the bassist reminded me of Jack Bruce somewhat. He played more 'lead' than just a bottom groove. The band was very musical and not stagnant or basic at all. Lee and the replacement guitarist for Eric Braun, "Rhino" later went on to Captain Beyond. The drummer still has the Iron Butterfly name and occasionally plays around.

How's it going "Rock Action" my man as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic was referring to a instrumental song called the "Iron Butterfly Theme" from the HEAVY album recorded in 1968. This song would later be edit issued as a B-side to "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" Arco single in 1968. ROCK ON!

Oh hell, that's right! Forgot about that one. :oops:

I haven't heard that album in decades. I have the IAGDV album as well as Ball & Metamorphosis. All three of these are great. I really should get the debut as well.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was the very first album I ever bought with my own money. It was $2.99. Ha!, I just realized I got that 40 years ago this year!!! :D

Besides the title track, the songs on side B were excellent too. Flowers and Bead, Termination, Are You Happy, My Mirage and another. Lee Dorman the bassist reminded me of Jack Bruce somewhat. He played more 'lead' than just a bottom groove. The band was very musical and not stagnant or basic at all. Lee and the replacement guitarist for Eric Braun, "Rhino" later went on to Captain Beyond. The drummer still has the Iron Butterfly name and occasionally plays around.

The other song is Most Anything You Want. Its the only Butterfly album I have and I quite like it, I wouldnt mind checking out some of their other work.

The other song is Most Anything You Want, girl, is all right by me.

Girl cause, I just wanna make you happy

Thats all Im trying to do,

Yes, I just wanna make you happy,

And spend my lifetime with you.

Yeah, that one! :D

Mr. Baritone, Doug Ingle spying on that lovely chick in the first row!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived