Can You Accept The Truth?

DanelectroGod

Can You Accept The Truth?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Accept The Truth?

• Yes, I realize that it all ended with John's passing, and the band's statement that "We can't continue as we were"
    • No, I will never give up hope
    • Doesn't matter either way

Yes, yes I can. As much as I love the band, part of loving something is accepting when it's over. The tribute concert for Ahmet was amazing, and what I've seen/heard of the show is fantastic. But that was a one-off, not a tour and it's extremely unlikely that it'll ever be repeated.

So it's time to let it go.

I've long since accepted it as it is. Like I've said before, I've never known Zeppelin as they were - all four members - I only know them as they are now. The biggest disappointment I'd be in danger of having is to actually hear Robert or Jimmy or John Paul say, 'No'. And since that's the road we've always been heading down, I can't say I'm either sad or disappointed. I can only hope something will arise in the future, but, until then, I'll continue to appreciate the music they created.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see a decent economy happen in the next 5 years that way if they do reunite again in 2019, on top of a melting glacier, I might be able to afford to go see that show because that's all I've really been living for all this time. What else is there to look forward to anyway? Raising Sand 10: Bill Monroe With A Vengence!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone there might be some hope left cause Jimmy and John Paul Jones went on a zeppelin tour last year but robert plant didn't go but plant stated that he wasen't touring with any one for the next 2 years so mabye bye next year they might do a few more shows.

• 2 years later...

I find it doubtful the surviving memebers of Zeppelin would want to try and re-create nightly what they did as young men over forty years ago. I can't imagine the paychecks would be large enough for them to even attempt to do that, or want to.

Zeppelin is long gone. Percy has his swamp/blues thing, Jones has his side projects and Page has his fortune.

Let it go already.

I agree--Zeppelin is history

I find it doubtful the surviving memebers of Zeppelin would want to try and re-create nightly what they did as young men over forty years ago. I can't imagine the paychecks would be large enough for them to even attempt to do that, or want to.

Zeppelin is long gone. Percy has his swamp/blues thing, Jones has his side projects and Page has his fortune.

Let it go already.

People can accept it or not. But it doesn't make it any less true. It looks like it's never going to happen again. Plant wants to focus on other things. It's not what we want but we still have their music to listen to and that should be enough. I wish I had seen them live in their prime but not being born prevented that.

I have accepted the truth. It sucks, but it's a reality. I hope others are able to do the same.

It's not what we want but we still have their music to listen to and that should be enough.

Please don't speak for me by including me as part of your collective "we". I would prefer to see the individual surviving members of Led Zeppelin out there pursuing their own musical directions than taking part in a huge, cash-in reunion tour.

Please don't speak for me by including me as part of your collective "we". I would prefer to see the individual surviving members of Led Zeppelin out there pursuing their own musical directions than taking part in a huge, cash-in reunion tour.

Why do your responses have to be so negative to other members? Your really spilting hairs. I think he's saying the same thing. I certainly don't think if they got back together to do a one off show here and there it would be to "cash in" more than likely they would donate the money. The last time they got together was to raise money. So I could see them doing something like that, not a big tour as you mentioned above.

Here's what I accept. The band gave us 12 years of a library of music that is, and will remain timeless forever as far as I'm concerned.

That's longer than many other famous acts of the time (example The Beatles) and I am grateful for every single wonderful song and album we got.

Whatever the remaining original members do now and going forward is icing on the cake for me. ...........missy

Here's what I accept. The band gave us 12 years of a library of music that is, and will remain timeless forever as far as I'm concerned.

That's longer than many other famous acts of the time (example The Beatles) and I am grateful for every single wonderful song and album we got.

Whatever the remaining original members do now and going forward is icing on the cake for me. ...........missy

So true thanks for your perspective.

They're not. You might not like (or agree) with my opinion but that's all it is, an opinion. No need to get bent out of shape about it.

Not bent out of shape, its not your opinions everyone has one and each is entitled to his or hers.

Not bent out of shape, its not your opinions everyone has one and each is entitled to his or hers.

Yes, they do, which was exactly my point. If everyone saw eye-to-eye on everything this would be one boring place. Thankfully that's not the case.

Why do your responses have to be so negative to other members? Your really spilting hairs. I think he's saying the same thing. I certainly don't think if they got back together to do a one off show here and there it would be to "cash in" more than likely they would donate the money. The last time they got together was to raise money. So I could see them doing something like that, not a big tour as you mentioned above.

Thanks for sticking up for me. Very nice of you. I just try to not let it bother me when people nitpick a sentence I wrote. He doesn't agree with me and that's fine. I don't expect a whole lot of "classy" responses on message boards anyway. :P

Good call. I like this.

It's nice to see positive responses and banter. Too many people here like to turn it into "Troll Fest."

I like this observation.

:thumbsup:

I think a lot of my feelings come from wishing I had been able to go to the O2 show back in 2007. I really wanted to be there. I am guessing a lot of people felt/feel the same way.

I think it's because I know that might have been the last time it ever happens. It would have been cool to be there for that moment.

People have differing opinions. The realistic point of view is that Zeppelin will never reunite. That isn't being "negative", that's being realistic. I'd love to see a tour as much as anyone else just as long as it includes new music and isn't an exercise in nostalgia but the likelihood of that ever happening seems to be slim to none.

Unfortunately there were only a few legitimate reunion opportunities the remaining members had before any sort of get together would be viewed by the press and most public as nothing more than a nostalgia trip, except by us Zeppelin fans of course, the first being the post Live Aid rehearsals and recording sessions in 1985-86 and the second being the botched reunion tour of 1990-91.

The post Live Aid get together being the most promising because it would have included new material which would have been essential to get the gig going again for any long term run. And although a five year drought is way long, it could have been done. When this fell through that marked the end to any real reunion possibilities IMO.

And although I place the 90-91 reunion flub squarly on Plants shoulders, First he agreed to do it then backs out less than an hour later, the Post Live Aid reunion is mostly on Jimmy for various reasons it seems. (Also the drummer getting hurt in a car wreck didnt help matters any.)

• 10 months later...

Archived