Song Remains The Same Remaster CD is better than the DVD...

I must say that the new "Song Remains the Same" remaster live CD is ten times much better than the movie on DVD. Why is this? The sound is way better, plus best of all, the CD version has the concert in it's full entirety when the "Remains the Same" movie didn't. I think that's all there is to be said on why the new remaster CD is better. Thoughts?

I must say that the new "Song Remains the Same" remaster live CD is ten times much better than the movie on DVD. Why is this? The sound is way better, plus best of all, the CD version has the concert in it's full entirety when the "Remains the Same" movie didn't. I think that's all there is to be said on why the new remaster CD is better. Thoughts?

I like the DVD better. Its in 5.1 surround sound and its awesome to see the guys rocking out. Not to mention the cool special features.

I like the DVD better. Its in 5.1 surround sound and its awesome to see the guys rocking out. Not to mention the cool special features.

Yup, the DTS 5.1 is awesome. The new DVD and new CD are essentially the same exact stereo mixes, not true of the old DVD and old CD soundtrack, which differed greatly.

I have the CD but not the new DVD (i have the old one of course).

While there are some definite improvements over the earlier CD especially in terms of overall sound quality, ( and I really like the WLL middle section better now) it seems that there are some key parts missing or altered from the original CD/Album

For example the violin section of Dazed and Confused, Robert's vocal interactions are almost inaudible. That was a key part of the song.

Also the solo to celebration day is no where near as good are the original release. (perhaps it's from a different night).

I wonder if Kevin Shirley is to blame? While I give him credit for doing such a fine job on Led Zeppelin DVD ( except for tampering with the original Eventide vocal Harmonies on ALS) I think he did a terrible job on the No Quarter DVD. (totally screwing up Robert's Vocal climax on the song No Quarter, and a long list of other things that totally ruined the DVD.)

It seems like he misses the points of enjoyment (at least to my ears) on No Quarter, and perhaps now TSRTS.

Archived