Here's an option for Jimmy.......

bonzo1026

Primary focus should be on further live Led Zeppelin releases...Led Zeppelin DVD II, An

Earls Court '75 DVD Boxed Set, The 1979 Knebworth Festival, (you know, when they

could really do it night after night and ruled the rock world).

Exactly...

I would rather preserve what they were and succeed, rather than promote what they could be and fail, because lets be honest for just a second.., they'll never beat their former selves.

well maybe not but they can reinvent its not impossible to rock and thir ages i mean i think the whol prime vrs present issue is retarded i mean they are the same peopel just aged and if not matured i dont think they think of it that way either i mean yeah people get a bit rougher and shit but its always inside no matter what man. just doent go away.

Primary focus should be on further live Led Zeppelin releases...Led Zeppelin DVD II, An

Earls Court '75 DVD Boxed Set, The 1979 Knebworth Festival, (you know, when they

Agreed, but is it likely to happen soon?

Apparently Kevin Shirley is / was working on something recently so here's hoping.

Agreed, but is it likely to happen soon? Apparently Kevin Shirley is / was working on something recently so here's hoping.

Well, you probably know how the release game is played and that the label will push to

have something in stores for the Christmas shopping season. Some of the titles are all

but done, as I understand it, so it's just a question of consensus. A two-year artistic

hiatus for Robert Plant, the solo artist, provides a window of opportunity to put some

long-awaited Led Zeppelin releases on the shelves. ;)

Well, you probably know how the release game is played and that the label will push to

have something in stores for the Christmas shopping season. Some of the titles are all

but done, as I understand it, so it's just a question of consensus. A two-year artistic

hiatus for Robert Plant, the solo artist, provides a window of opportunity to put some

long-awaited Led Zeppelin releases on the shelves. ;)

Right... but thats one less person between Jimmy and his un-dying need to cut/paste/edit their work... we can hardly afford any more songs to be left out or solos to be cut down!

lol

This is a good idea, but I get the feeling that Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason want to go out as LED ZEPPELIN. The big bucks probably do not hurt either.

i agree, Jimmys love is Led Zeppelin and that is what he wants, full blown, no half measures, and when they are ready thats when The O2 Arena DVD will come onto the market to promote the new comings.

i agree, Jimmys love is Led Zeppelin and that is what he wants, full blown, no half measures, and when they are ready thats when The O2 Arena DVD will come onto the market to promote the new comings.

Hopfully, they could always just put it out there to quite the demand or to make majority happy eventually. I think its just wishful thinking saying alive shows or progess will come along with the dvd. They also might just do it to buy more time!

Will Robert allow that?

Anyway, great idea. How about just calling it The Jimmy Page Band? I'm thinking of the descriptions from "It Might Get Loud" of Edge and Jack White being thrilled just to watch Jimmy play the riff from WWL. Lots of people would be happy to be associated, I'd bet.

And yes, bring on some people of color, please. The music biz is a little too segregated...

No, No, terrible idea people don't want an all-star group, they want to see Jimmy, John, and Jason with a new lead singer I hate the very thought of it being more than 4 guys. Like with Page and Plant I was dissapointed with the DVD when I saw them with the Egyptian band, and the strings section I was thinking "What a terrible idea" especially how they changed the songs. I think No Quarter was a terrible idea for a release it should have been one of there incredible concerts from 98 one reason being Robert's voice was a little off the night of MTV unplugged it should have been a bonus on a DVD from The Bizzare Festival.

I think it's an interesting idea. My question would be would the set list change from venue to venue as different guests popped in; and would they specifically promote guest artists at each venue or would it be generic?

If you were really looking forward to a particular guest star/song in your arena you might get someone else you didn't care for as much instead.

Problem with having Jimmy's name out front is that it makes the others subordinate to him--which may or may not actually be the case, but the original Zeppelin focused on the four members' influence, it wasn't Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin, so that's why I'm not so keen on that sort of name. As Jonesy probably wouldn't be, either!

hrrm good call as well i dunno its such a shot in the dark to guess i mean the name could be anything. but i mean whatever they name it lets just hope they make it on stage. they an call it "shit" for all i care

OK, if you are going to go in this direction, here is what you do. Think Bonnaroo where the whole purpose is the mix up musicians and get them jamming, thinking on their feet. So the 3Js are mixing and matching with other artists through the day and then at the end of the show they come together to do Zep songs and singers from other bands take turns singing the Zep catalog. I think that would work. And you could get all your fantasy matchups going, like Anne Wilson or Winwood. If they record instrumentals, then this would be one way to put on a full set without an official singer and insert Zep songs into it. The festival would be owned by them (kind of like Ozzfest) and put onto a regular rotation.

LOL. Yeah and it definitely leaves the door wide open for Ann Wilson.......

OMG......that is freaking hillarious! I thought a while ago they should bring Ann on board. And Nancy for some back up guitar and Mandolin work.

After all. They do Zeppelin GREAT

yeah but i guess what we have to ask ourselves is weather or not we want an all star appearance or a set band. Me personally doesnt matter either way but if i had to choose id go with set band... theres just to few with longivty these days. and i think zeppelin could pull it off withoout a doubt

i have another option,like it or not.I am 54 years old,seen Zeppelin many times,someone suggested I try singing Led zeppelin,so I did.I now sing for a led Zep tribute in Canada called 'Zed Zepelyn' and I CAN hit all the high notes without having to de tune,i am from England and still have my accent,wouldnt that be a hoot!

See www.myspace.com/zedzepelyn two tracks on there.

Archived