Here's an option for Jimmy.......

bonzo1026

Too many egos. Jimmy jamming with today's players would be fun: Jack White, Noel Gallagher, Ben Folds, the list goes on would be truly amazing. The master showing the pupils how to grab the grasshopper

I like the idea. I personally dont think the "Led Zeppelin" name should be used without Plant.

I was also thinking that as with David Gilmour's latest solo tour which featured many other Floyd alumni, it could be billed a Jimmy Page solo tour but include other major members namely Jason and JPJ.

This would avoid the band name issue.

The problem is that after the full on reunion show with Plant last year they couldnt really call it Led Zeppelin as that line up is fresh in people's minds, for much the same reason I guess David Gilmour didnt call his last tour a Pink Floyd tour after the Live 8 reunion.

if there is a band to name if plant is not in it i doubt jp will have it anything to do with zep or named around zep. it always known zep is who it is for who's in it, i mean if Robert didn't do 02 and it was just the 3 j's do you think they would have named it zep then to?

i wonder if page has any himself in mind lol

Problem with having Jimmy's name out front is that it makes the others subordinate to him--which may or may not actually be the case, but the original Zeppelin focused on the four members' influence, it wasn't Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin, so that's why I'm not so keen on that sort of name. As Jonesy probably wouldn't be, either!

Yes, but... been there, done that. Led Zeppelin is clearly over.

Anyway, I think Jimmy was the band leader of Zeppelin. He knew a good thing when he had it, and was wise enough to allow the chemistry to click, to make space for the wills and talents of the others. At their best, it wasn't only about him, it was about everyone, together... but that came from him to start with.

There's no doubt in my mind his hands were on the reins more than not, on stage and in the studio. Doesn't mean the horse wasn't great and didn't have a mind of its own, so to speak.

Page has earned the right to be an acknowledged front man. The beauty of it being "The Jimmy Page Band" would be exactly that anyone who doesn't want to be a member of such a group can take their ego somewhere else. Who knows what great chemistry may arise from that?

As for Jones, he's always been the quiet one. :D But I'd go for The Page-Jones Band, if it came to that, too. Name's not important, just make music!

Well, I think JPJ gets to have an ego too--I thought he'd stopped being underrated! He was an established musician before Jimmy came along, after all. But the name's not important to me either, as long as they get on with it!

Jimmy and Jonesy were pretty much contemporaries as established musicians before Led Zeppelin came along.

Other than that, sounds like we agree. :)

Anyway, I think Jimmy was the band leader of Zeppelin. He knew a good thing when he had it, and was wise enough to allow the chemistry to click, to make space for the wills and talents of the others. At their best, it wasn't only about him, it was about everyone, together... but that came from him to start with.

There's no doubt in my mind his hands were on the reins more than not, on stage and in the studio. Doesn't mean the horse wasn't great and didn't have a mind of its own, so to speak.

Page has earned the right to be an acknowledged front man. The beauty of it being "The Jimmy Page Band" would be exactly that anyone who doesn't want to be a member of such a group can take their ego somewhere else. Who knows what great chemistry may arise from that?

As for Jones, he's always been the quiet one. :D But I'd go for The Page-Jones Band, if it came to that, too. Name's not important, just make music!

Just my POV.....it always seemed the band was a sum of all its members....it didn't seem or appear there was a leader per se......and as for the christening of the new collaboration b/t Jimmy, Jonesy and Jacons.....it doesn't seem Jimmy's nature to want to name the band after himself but I don't know him so...... B)

Well said, since it's Jimmy's project. I'm in agreement with you.

I think its unlikey they'd be able to setup a tour full of big names but seeing Page, Jones and Bonham record an album and/or perform live with a selection of blues/RnB/folk artists providing vocals could be very interesting.

As far "new" material goes I suspect that as with Plant adaptions of classic songs(no jokes about stealing ;)) would proove to be more sucessful than trying to come up with a new Stairway or Kasmir.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the initial idea of this being like a Ringo Starr all star show- excellent idea. I think it would also give Jimmy alot of flexibility with the set and make the shows interesting and not so static- it would take the pressure off and make the shows very loose- this could really work !!!!!

Archived