Boy Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Animals to Croc

Spalove

My mom and dad always told us kids to get permission first before we broke into zoos to feed the animals. It's just common sense.

Very dry,very good....................

You know.., in ancient Mayan civilization, once the priest interpreted for them wether or not the heavens were appropriate for performing this ceremony, this child would have had his face decorated with the blood of the animals he had slain and been adorned with intricate wreaths made from the branches of the allthorn plant to signify his early transition into man-hood...

:o

I'm very distrubed by this

Sociopath in the making

:hysterical:

Yeah, but most of you nutters have no problem when they feed live mice and rats to the snakes at the zoo, do you? Maybe the kid was just doing what he saw the zookeepers do themselves.

Btw, what makes a live rat any less worthy of our sympathy, or more worthy of being a meal than any other animal?

the croc wasn't actually complaining.

Hell, I would actually like to go to a zoo someplace and see them feed live monkeys to tigers. And why not? Zoos are just for human entertainment purposes anyway.

You people crack me up.

Hell, I would actually like to go to a zoo someplace and see them feed live monkeys to tigers. And why not? Zoos are just for human entertainment purposes anyway.

Now Del, you know you're just saying that and we know you love your puddy cat!

B)

This is disgusting, him and his parents should be punished. Animal cruelty is no joke and only leads to the abuse of other humans.

Clearly this child needs mental help, and his parents clearly have done a piss poor job at raising him.

Clearly this child needs mental help, and his parents clearly have done a piss poor job at raising him.

Yeah, I agree.

I read another article that said the family have a history of violence.

This is disgusting, him and his parents should be punished. Animal cruelty is no joke and only leads to the abuse of other humans.

The kid is fine. Just doing what little boys do.

The 'hunter instinct' is something that you don't see as much anymore. Show me a kid who is willing to go out and slaughter a few of God's creatures now and then. And I'll show you a kid that won't go hungry when times get really tough.

Got to run now... got steaks on the grill.

We always had to get permission from our Mum and Dad first whenever we did anything like that.

He's seven years old. Perhaps he has seen episodes of the Crocodile Hunter featuring Steve Irwin, may he rest in peace, feeding the crocodiles. Perhaps he is mimicking what he has viewed, and spontaneously reacted the way he thought that Steve would.

Kids are impulsive. You have to remind them to check with Mum and Dad first before they do things on their own when they are very young.

If a seven year old sees Steve Irwin feed the crocodiles on television, gets inspired, goes to the zoo, grabs a few lizards to toss to the crocodile, he may figure he's all set. If he saw Steve do it, to his young mind it could seem right.

It's not that the seven year old necessarily meant to cause harm, although he should have asked Mum and Dad for permission first. They need to explain that so he understands from his seven year old point of view.

Like this...

Honey, you must get permission first from Mum or Dad before you feed the crocodiles. It's very important. Always ask first. Let Mum or Dad talk to the man at the zoo first to see if it is alright. Maybe the crocodile has already eaten or needs a special diet. We may not be allowed to feed him because someone else does that. We'll see if the man at the zoo lets children help. Maybe we are only allowed to watch someone else feed the crocodile. Crocodiles have very big teeth and powerful jaws that could hurt seven year old boys like you, so the big, strong man usually feeds him in case the crocodile attacks.

His parents need to guide him in this area. Seven year olds are often too young to exercise the best judgement in all situations. They often lack enough experience or information, and will not be able to weigh situations until they get a little bit older, seven year olds especially. The brain deveops a certain way and usually the ability to weigh circumstances does not appear until at least about age eight.

Often when children as young as seven show good judgement it is most likely because their parents have set a proper example by their own behaviour and carefully supervised their offspring.

In short, he's too young to know, and far to young to be feeding a crocodile without proper supervision and protective measures.

The 'hunter instinct' is something that you don't see as much anymore. Show me a kid who is willing to go out and slaughter a few of God's creatures now and then. And I'll show you a kid that won't go hungry when times get really tough.

Got to run now... got steaks on the grill.

There's a difference between hunting to survive and killing for pleasure.

This kid most likely found this sickly facinating. I mean, c'mon, this kid broke in to the zoo to do this. He didn't just go outside and poke at a giecho with a stick. I wouldn't trust this kid to hang around my animals that's for sure.

There's a difference between hunting to survive and killing for pleasure.

This kid most likely found this sickly facinating. I mean, c'mon, this kid broke in to the zoo to do this. He didn't just go outside and poke at a giecho with a stick. I wouldn't trust this kid to hang around my animals that's for sure.

And the kid is only 7 years old. There is no way to determine that he even understood that his actions were wrong before he did this. I don't know about the laws in Austrailia, but in California, what this kid did could not even be prosecuted as a crime because of his age. In fact, it would not even be classified as a crime because children that young are not considered to have the mental formulation capable of knowing for certain that a specific offense is in fact a crime before they commit it.

All this hooplah over what this kid did is just a bunch nothing in my opinion. The kid is ust 7 years old and he wanted to feed the crocodile. People need to chill out already.

And the kid is only 7 years old. There is no way to determine that he even understood that his actions were wrong before he did this. I don't know about the laws in Austrailia, but in California, what this kid did could not even be prosecuted as a crime because of his age. In fact, it would not even be classified as a crime because children that young are not considered to have the mental formulation capable of knowing for certain that a specific offense is in fact a crime before they commit it.

All this hooplah over what this kid did is just a bunch nothing in my opinion. The kid is ust 7 years old and he wanted to feed the crocodile. People need to chill out already.

I've spent enough time around some 7-8 year olds to know that they know what is right and what is wrong when it comes to breaking into places and not just hurting animals, but killing them.

I don't buy for one minute that this kid "just wanted to feed the crocodile"

The fact that the kid saw one animal die in the jaws of a croc, and then continued to feed animals, some that were alive, just proves enough that he knew what he was doing.

Again, piss poor parenting.

I've spent enough time around some 7-8 year olds to know that they know what is right and what is wrong when it comes to breaking into places and not just hurting animals, but killing them.

I don't buy for one minute that this kid "just wanted to feed the crocodile"

The fact that the kid saw one animal die in the jaws of a croc, and then continued to feed animals, some that were alive, just proves enough that he knew what he was doing.

Again, piss poor parenting.

And what about my point how they feed live rodents to snakes in the zoo exibits does not matter?

I agree that the boy should know better than breaking into places he should not be. I agree that he should not do anything with any animals that don't belong to him. But all this hype reminds me of a case where a kindergartener was kicked out of school for kissing a girl without her permission. Some people act as if 6 and 7 year olds are capabable of making sound decisions about their own behavior at every moment. Hell, I have a 17 year old that still does dumb stuff too from time to time.

Again, this was not a big deal. Chalk it up to a lesson learned for this kid and move on. Unless the same kid continues to exibit similar patterns of behavior in the future... this is not a problem.

'Piss poor parenting'? Maybe... and maybe not.

Just doing what kids do... feeding the croc... ? Maybe, maybe not. He didn't just feed the croc, he also bashed some animals to death with a rock.

Sociopath in the making? Maybe, maybe not. Is this an isolated incident? Has he had other behavioral problems, done other things to animals, or to people, etc.

IMO, it shouldn't just be dismissed as boys will be boys, nor should it be dismissed as piss poor parenting. Hopefully, they'll find out some of the things I mentioned above, and deal with the kid in an appropriate manner.

It seems to me that a lot of the assumptions posted here are just assumptions... asserting them as otherwise would be a... crock.

Archived