Beautiful Men.

Hotplant

I thought I'd add some shots of David that I have squirreled away.

david_gilmour-850-100.jpg

david-gilmour.jpg

Gilmour-photo.jpg

That last one is a rare shot of him wearing a t-shirt that is not black. He tends to favor the all-black palette more than others, but he looks so damn good, who cares.

those are great shots, electrophile. thanks for posting ( and to everyone else too! ). love the one with paul and david .... what event was that? electrophile, i know what a huge fan of david you are, and i was wondering ... how " accessable " is he? i mean, is he as allusive as our jimmy? do you think you could meet him/run into him/get an autograph etc? does he still play much these days? i am guessing he lives in the UK ?

those are great shots, electrophile. thanks for posting ( and to everyone else too! ). love the one with paul and david .... what event was that? electrophile, i know what a huge fan of david you are, and i was wondering ... how " accessable " is he? i mean, is he as allusive as our jimmy? do you think you could meet him/run into him/get an autograph etc? does he still play much these days? i am guessing he lives in the UK ?

The shot of Paul and David I think was in connection to Live 8, judging by the guitar shaped like the continent of Africa.

As for how accessible David is, I really don't know. I've never read anything about him being mean or an ass to fans, so I'd be comfortable in saying if you ever ran into him and asked for an autograph he wouldn't tell you to scram. Just don't call him Dave. He hates that. :lol: I think Rick Wright was the only one who got away with that. He plays quite a bit these days; just last month he jumped on stage with Jeff Beck and did a couple songs and in May he was on stage at the Crisis gig with Amadou and Miriam. I know after the Remember That Night DVD came out he talked about wanting to do another solo album, so I'm sure he's been working on bits of pieces for that.

And yeah, I believe he lives in West Sussex. And saying I'm a huge fan is an understatement! Gosh, I've been a huge fan of his for years.

The shot of Paul and David I think was in connection to Live 8, judging by the guitar shaped like the continent of Africa.

As for how accessible David is, I really don't know. I've never read anything about him being mean or an ass to fans, so I'd be comfortable in saying if you ever ran into him and asked for an autograph he wouldn't tell you to scram. Just don't call him Dave. He hates that. :lol: I think Rick Wright was the only one who got away with that. He plays quite a bit these days; just last month he jumped on stage with Jeff Beck and did a couple songs and in May he was on stage at the Crisis gig with Amadou and Miriam. I know after the Remember That Night DVD came out he talked about wanting to do another solo album, so I'm sure he's been working on bits of pieces for that.

And yeah, I believe he lives in West Sussex. And saying I'm a huge fan is an understatement! Gosh, I've been a huge fan of his for years.

i was really enquiring not for myself, but you ... i know you are a huge fan, and i just wondered if you had ever been in a position to do the things i mentioned. have you seen him play live at all?

i was really enquiring not for myself, but you ... i know you are a huge fan, and i just wondered if you had ever been in a position to do the things i mentioned. have you seen him play live at all?

I saw him in Chicago on his most recent solo tour. God, that was amazing. I kept telling people around me to shut up, which isn't something I normally do, but I wanted to hear every single solitary note and with them jabbering about how great the lighting scheme was, it was kind of hard. I crashed on the couch of my best friend and we went together. She only knew him from his work in Pink Floyd, but she loved it too!

I've never had the opportunity to meet him, no. I would love to get an autograph; I have all three of his solo albums [on vinyl!] and I'd die to have him autograph them. Hell, I'd throw in my copy of DSoTM too. Seeing as I don't live in England, I'm pretty sure I'll never get that chance, but as long as he keeps making music that he loves, I'll be happy.

I saw him in Chicago on his most recent solo tour. God, that was amazing. I kept telling people around me to shut up, which isn't something I normally do, but I wanted to hear every single solitary note and with them jabbering about how great the lighting scheme was, it was kind of hard. I crashed on the couch of my best friend and we went together. She only knew him from his work in Pink Floyd, but she loved it too!

I've never had the opportunity to meet him, no. I would love to get an autograph; I have all three of his solo albums [on vinyl!] and I'd die to have him autograph them. Hell, I'd throw in my copy of DSoTM too. Seeing as I don't live in England, I'm pretty sure I'll never get that chance, but as long as he keeps making music that he loves, I'll be happy.

well, i hope you get the chance one day. i'd say you have a better chance than i do ...... not too many acts come here, and certainly not regularly. if he ever comes to oz i will def go. i only know his floyd stuff, i guess i should rectify that! but that alone is enough to make me a huge fan. :)

Archived