Very very stupid question

SharkyLZ

Robert Plant-Should I pronnounce it :plant: as :cAr: or :plent: as :fEnce:....My family still makes me dazed and confused.Somebody says so,somebody another way...

I know that it is stipid question :D ,but...

Robert Plant-Should I pronnounce it :plant: as :cAr: or :plent: as :fEnce:....My family still makes me dazed and confused.Somebody says so,somebody another way...

I know that it is stipid question :D ,but...

Just came home from 12hr night shift.... :wtf: Plant as in Plant

its funny this is being raised, as i wondered too. i always thought he would pronounce it plarnt, as that is the way most UK people would say it. but on one of the early vids on DVD he introduces the band, including himself, and he says plant ( rhyming with ant ) not plarnt ( rhyming with aunt ).

hope that helps.

its funny this is being raised, as i wondered too. i always thought he would pronounce it plarnt, as that is the way most UK people would say it. but on one of the early vids on DVD he introduces the band, including himself, and he says plant ( rhyming with ant ) not plarnt ( rhyming with aunt ).

hope that helps.

If you're from the Midlands, as both Robert and I are (he's from the West and I'm from the East) it's usually pronounced Plant. If you're from the home counties, and surrounding areas, as are Jimmy and JPJ, you'd pronounced it Plarnt. And if you're from the North, it's usually Plant as well. Though people usually say whatever pronunciation they were raised with. There's no right or wrong way.

hope that helps.

Nobody in th UK calls him Robert Plarnt. Nobody in the world calls him Robert Plarnt..... And as for aunt, i say tht as ant.

Nobody in th UK calls him Robert Plarnt. Nobody in the world calls him Robert Plarnt..... And as for aunt, i say tht as ant.

Nobody....apart from everyone in London and the South of England...including Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

I say Plarnt and my mum says Plant (she's from Ireland). That's so odd, I never thought about it before. I was raised around London and have a different accent than my mum and dad. Accents are weird. This is doing my head in :unsure:

lol i still dunno where you got the r from...

Not R like in Rrrrobert, R like in 'car'. Pretend you're English and you're saying 'car'. Now pretend you're English and imagine saying 'Plarnt'. You see? It's all very confusing... :)

Not R like in Rrrrobert, R like in 'car'. Pretend you're English and you're saying 'car'. Now pretend you're English and imagine saying 'Plarnt'. You see? It's all very confusing... :)

It's like when people pronounce grass like grarss or bath like barth. There's no 'r' in it, it's just the phonetic way of spelling how some people pronounce it.

Either way, as long as it's spelt Plant, there's no right or wrong way of pronouncing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived