THE OSMONDS THREAD

ZeppFanForever

Hi again "Virginia?" I'm sorry, you were so young in 1970. However, you will have an easier time finding THE OSMONDS on CD now that their catalog is now being re-issued on CD for the first time. Now everyone will be able to buy the albums that I mentioned (Two albums on one CD) and judge for themselves if THE OSMONDS are for real. I was looking through their videos on the internet and I found pretty much every popular song THE OSMONDS ever recorded including "Crazy Horses." However, what I DIDN'T find was their other Hard Rock songs on video. Why, because THE OSMONDS are not recognized as a Hard Rock band. That is sad because THE OSMONDS truly kicked ass. Thanks for your comment "Virginia" and ROCK ON!

This thread has been a fun nostaligic trip :)

What's up "Stargroves Tangie?" I would like to encourage you to check out the early OSMONDS' songs and albums from the early 1970's as I mentioned on my opening thread. I truly believe that you would be extremely surprised.

Now in regards to The Partridge Family, I LOVE THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY just like I LOVE THE MONKEES. I always had a crush on Susan Dey, she was so beautiful and petite. David Cassidy was also voted as one of the all-time greatest Teen Idols ever. Who would have ever believed that Danny Bonaduce would grow up and become one of the craziest motherf*c*ers ever. I love that psychedelic bus, I would have loved to cruise around the L.A. area on that bus while dropping acid. (Ha Ha!) There have been movies made on THE MONKEES, THE OSMONDS, THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY and DAVID CASSIDY, have you seen any of these movies? ROCK ON!

I really enjoy "The Partridge Family" too. It used to air in reruns here a couple years ago. I like watching a lot of those 70's tv shows. I wish i had been old enough to remember all of that.

There is a clip of The Osmonds on the Grammies from the early 70's all wearing these Elvis jumpsuits.

Do the Osmonds have some contract where Entertainmnet tonight must do a segment on them because they seem to do stories big or small on them all of the time.

I really enjoy "The Partridge Family" too. It used to air in reruns here a couple years ago. I like watching a lot of those 70's tv shows. I wish i had been old enough to remember all of that.

How's it going "spats?" I'm glad that you enjoy The Partridge Family and that era. Did you know that The Partridge Family was based on a true life 60's family band? The band was called THE COWSILLS. Look it up. ROCK ON!

There is a clip of The Osmonds on the Grammies from the early 70's all wearing these Elvis jumpsuits.

Do the Osmonds have some contract where Entertainmnet tonight must do a segment on them because they seem to do stories big or small on them all of the time.

What's up "spats?" I guess when Donny became a correspondant for Entertainment Tonight while his sister Marie was doing Dancing With The Stars last year, Entertainment Tonight dug through the Archives and started showing THE OSMONDS past shows as well as Donny & Marie. Believe it or not "spats," THE OSMONDS are coming back! ROCK ON!

It must just be me. I hated the Partridge Family, including all Cassidys, the Cowsills, the Archies, and as I said, am still waiting to be convinced about the Osmonds. Thank God I liked the early Monkees or I'd have no 70's cred at all.

No 70's crap cred, that is :D

It must just be me. I hated the Partridge Family, including all Cassidys, the Cowsills, the Archies, and as I said, am still waiting to be convinced about the Osmonds. Thank God I liked the early Monkees or I'd have no 70's cred at all.

Well I was never a big Partridge Family/David Cassidy fan but Shaun I will confess to putting up pics of him in my bedroom :D:ph34r: The Cowsills or Archies I don't know so I'll keep mum on those but the Monkees :thumbsup::cheer:

Who here realizes the Partridge Family was completely based on the Cowsill Family ?

The Cowsills were the first choice for this program, but their father, their manager, wouldn't have it. He didn't like the business deal replacing his wife with Shirley Jones, who was the Partridge Family matriarch. He was a mean son of a bitch, that took ALL of the family's earnings and squandered it.

I went to school with John in 1968-1970, the drummer and got to see the band several times in their heyday. Bob is also a friend of mine.

There's is a great musical story, filled with much sadness and musical aclaim. The played their own instruments and were really excellent, given the chance.

Barry died in N.O. during hurricane Katrina. :( I had several friends play a benefit for him in Newport, RI where they were from.

Some of their TV appearance c. '68-'73

The Ed Sullivan Show (twice)

The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (twice)

American Bandstand

The Mike Douglas Show

The Barbara McNair Show

Playboy After Dark

Kraft Music Hall

Music Scene

The Johnny Cash Show

Well I was never a big Partridge Family/David Cassidy fan but Shaun I will confess to putting up pics of him in my bedroom :D:ph34r: The Cowsills or Archies I don't know so I'll keep mum on those but the Monkees :thumbsup::cheer:

Shaun was on my turntable, but Luke Skywalker was on my wall! :bagoverhead: That was the stage of life I was in last time Zeppelin toured the US in '77. I was 11. Wasn't quite there yet!

Who here realizes the Partridge Family was completely based on the Cowsill Family ?

The Cowsills were the first choice for this program, but their father, their manager, wouldn't have it. He didn't like the business deal replacing his wife with Shirley Jones, who was the Partridge Family matriarch. He was a mean son of a bitch, that took ALL of the family's earnings and squandered it.

I went to school with John in 1968-1970, the drummer and got to see the band several times in their heyday. Bob is also a friend of mine.

There's is a great musical story, filled with much sadness and musical aclaim. The played their own instruments and were really excellent, given the chance.

Barry died in N.O. during hurricane Katrina. :( I had several friends play a benefit for him in Newport, RI where they were from.

American Bandstand

The Mike Douglas Show

The Barbara McNair Show

Playboy After Dark

Kraft Music Hall

Music Scene

The Johnny Cash Show

this is a great story/tragedy....with pretty good music. they did barry good on local t.v. after he was found dead...lots of respect.

good call, alucard.

and damn, ZFF! 3 pages on the osmonds! your my hero. ROCK ON!

They say barry was severly depressed and may have taken his own life.

Susan still lives here and I believe she is performing on some level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it was in a local tv report.

Yes they did do a great local cover on this story.

Sad :(

They say barry was severly depressed and may have taken his own life.

Susan still lives here and I believe she is performing on some level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it was in a local tv report.

Yes they did do a great local cover on this story.

Sad :(

Yes...he was in severe depression. And his brother Bill (oldest sibling, lead singer on 'The Rain, the Park and other things') died the night before Barry's memorial service and many close to the family believe it was from a broken heart. :(

Susan apparently lost everything in her house from Katrina.

Fame and tragedy have been hallmarks of the Cowsills.

American Bandstand

The Mike Douglas Show

The Barbara McNair Show

Playboy After Dark

Kraft Music Hall

Music Scene

The Johnny Cash Show

How's it going "alucard," my buddy? First of all, I would like to thank you for inspiring me to write THE OSMONDS thread. If it wouldn't have been for you, this would have never happened. I underestimated my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics and LOOK WHAT YOU HELPED ME START! (Ha Ha!) This thread just took a life of its own and grew thanks to all of you. I'm totally speechless. I was fully aware about The Partridge Family being based on The Cowsills. The Cowsills' story as a family band would become a sad and tragic one that just breaks my heart. Their popularity in the late 60's and early 70's cannot be denied. Thanks for adding more info on this legendary band. ROCK ON!

this is a great story/tragedy....with pretty good music. they did barry good on local t.v. after he was found dead...lots of respect.

good call, alucard.

and damn, ZFF! 3 pages on the osmonds! your my hero. ROCK ON!

What's up "beatbo?" Good to hear from you again. The Cowsills' story is such a sad and tragic one. Then again, if it wouldn't have been for all of our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, this thread would have never generated the impact that it did and we wouldn't be talking about THE OSMONDS, THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY or THE COWSILLS. These bands must have touched and captured a moment in our lives as well as in Rock n' Roll history or we wouldn't be here talking about them whether it is a positive or negative comment. This thread has really taken us all down memory lane hasn't it? I also feel confident that there are many other great bands that deserve to be mentioned along side Rock n' Roll's elite bands that should be discussed. What do you think? ROCK ON my friend!

A bit cheesy but can't deny it's 'Rock n Roll" B)

Wow, I had no idea I helped inspire you to this thread ZepFanForever !! :)

I'm glad. As cheesy as some bands can be, they also have a serious side and it shows in their 'deep tracks'. I dig your threads covering many bands and subjects....keep them coming!

The sugary sweet appearance and demeanor of these musicians also has some fermented tastes that create a fun buzz. They're not all tee-totalers ! :lol:

I'm glad. As cheesy as some bands can be, they also have a serious side and it shows in their 'deep tracks'. I dig your threads covering many bands and subjects....keep them coming!

The sugary sweet appearance and demeanor of these musicians also has some fermented tastes that create a fun buzz. They're not all tee-totalers ! :lol:

How's it going "alucard?" Thank you for the compliment. I love Rock n' Roll, I own thousands and thousands of CDs to prove it. (Not including CD-R's.) I promise that I will continue in writing more interesting threads on other bands in the near future. The 1960's as well as the 1970's gave us some of Rock's all-time greatest acts, I am looking forward to hearing all of your views and opinions on them. After all, LED ZEPPELIN was born in the late 1960's that would rule all of the 1970's (Like Elvis did in the 1950's and The Beatles did in the 1960's and beyond) and beyond as its ultimate premiere elite band. ROCK ON my friend and I'll be talking to you again soon.

So what do you all think of yesterday's teen idols vs today's (Miley, Jonas Bros, Demi Lovato, etc.; with 3 kids aged 7-15 we hear them all...). My favorite teen idols from my generation were the Monkees; they were cool; not too goody goody and their music was pretty good.

I'm not sure about today's; although I thought I detected a slight Stevie Nicks quality in a Miley song...shocking!! (7 Things...) :blink:

Let's not forget that boxing classic Barry "the butcher" Williams vs. Danny "Boom Boom" Bonaduce :D

Poor Barry was cowering like a fifth grader.....Ouch, don't hurt me !

The Partridge Family was done by the best studio musicians of another era. In that way they were like the Jackson 5, who had most of Motown's Fun Bros. playing on their early tunage. The Osmonds on the other hand were just gay little boys who mirrored themselves after singer Andy Williams and his gay barber shop quartet brothers.

Actually, I still have 45's of all this stuff. Hey, I was frickin' 10 !

Archived