What are you listening too

Scratch

Right now I'm listening to Ohio. I lived very near Kent in a tiny town called Aurora in 1970 and '71. Every time Mom would haul us to Solon to the stores we'd pass by Kent State and she would sigh wistfully and say a terrible tragedy happened there. I was only 9 or 10 and didn't learn until later the actual events. :( missy

Right now I'm listening to Ohio. I lived very near Kent in a tiny town called Aurora in 1970 and '71. Every time Mom would haul us to Solon to the stores we'd pass by Kent State and she would sigh wistfully and say a terrible tragedy happened there. I was only 9 or 10 and didn't learn until later the actual events. :( missy

I'm Aussie and I was 13 or 14 when that EVITABLE TRAGEDY happened in 1970. After the MLK and JFK assassinations in a "democratic" nation such as the USA (and I truly RESPECT the USA!!!) , along came this BRUTAL ASSASSINATION on Australian TV to disrupt my generation's ideas and ideals:(:(.....that and many other events that occurred in the States and elsewhere NOT ONLY shocked me tremendously, but left an UNdeletable suffering scar across my heart and mind forever. I was NEVER the same and started thinking with MY OWN brain and free will about world events AND politics and politicians!! In a way, I have to thank those very sad events because they made me become STRONGER and WISER and NOT become a YESman and blindly obey everything govts have to say.

The thoughts on the KS tragedy should effect every one of us and make us ponder things.....because hands up whoever at least once in his/her life has not been a student like those 4 poor victims:(

LEST WE FORGET!!!:):)

I'm Aussie and I was 13 or 14 when that EVITABLE TRAGEDY happened in 1970. After the MLK and JFK assassinations in a "democratic" nation such as the USA (and I truly RESPECT the USA!!!) , along came this BRUTAL ASSASSINATION on Australian TV to disrupt my generation's ideas and ideals:(:(.....that and many other events that occurred in the States and elsewhere NOT ONLY shocked me tremendously, but left an UNdeletable suffering scar across my heart and mind forever. I was NEVER the same and started thinking with MY OWN brain and free will about world events AND politics and politicians!! In a way, I have to thank those very sad events because they made me become STRONGER and WISER and NOT become a YESman and blindly obey everything govts have to say.

The thoughts on the KS tragedy should effect every one of us and make us ponder things.....because hands up whoever at least once in his/her life has not been a student like those 4 poor victims:(

LEST WE FORGET!!!:):)

Hi s and s, :)

Very well put and thanks for the comments. I never knew what it was all about until a few years later.

Just utterly heartbreaking how things spiralled so out of control and the end result. :(.....missy

P.S. I was surprised you said you heard about this in your country when it happened. I guess it was a story that went viral before the internet was even around. That's good as I wouldn't want to think it was buried like some new stories inevitably are when they da*m well shouldn't be......................missy

Archived