What are you listening too

Scratch

Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park.

BTW, I'm new(more or less), so feel free to welcome me :D

Eric Gales - Relentless

Btw...welcome to the forum mastress of procrastinate..when you get a chance introduce yourself in the meet and greet section.

Hi Deb!

I'm glad you picked this clip. It didn't even sound like the Doobies at first.

My Best of the Doobies album has the Micheal McDonald influence all over it.

While Black Water and the like are great songs, I like this softer, more melodic Doobie sound.

Wiki says Patrick Simmons (nice voice) was the lead singer. I may have to look into aquiring this album!

Thanks for showing me the Doobie Brothers music I somehow missed. :) Missy

Hi Missy!

Glad you enjoyed. The Toulouse Street album is one of the best. Their new CD "World Gone Crazy," is great as well. These guys were in my top 10 growing up.

I actually met them in 1999, nice group of genltlemen. They were playing at an event at a Resort I worked at for a corporation so as it was my responsibility to make sure everything went perfect for this group/corporation I had booked at the hotel, I was able to spend a full day with them. I remember asking them if we could bring the Chefs out and give them a hand as a lot of the times unless you are a very famous Chef, your hard work is sometimes overlooked. The staff that worked with the Chef in the food and beverage department were all fans. They were beyond gracious and about 45 minutes into ther set, we lined the Chef's and F&B staff along the wall and the band gave them a big shoot out. Needless to say the event was amazing as we the staff were having such a fantastic night (and back at that time you could still have a little fun at work). A few of us had dinner with them in a private room afterwards and these men are truly first class. One of the best days I ever spent. I watched the event about 5 feet away from them as they invited me to sit just off to the left of the stage.

Listening to World Gone Crazy CD right now!!

Archived