LED ZEPPELIN: Definitive Collection CD Box Set Due In November

The Pagemeister

513820.jpg

LED ZEPPELIN first took flight 40 years ago this summer. And while the song may remain the same, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham forever changed rock 'n' roll. To celebrate the band's anniversary and its immeasurable influence on popular music and culture, Atlantic Records/Rhino Entertainment will release on November 4 a limited-edition CD box set. This Japanese import contains all 10 of the quartet's albums in mini-LP replicas with artwork from the original U.K. LP sleeves.

The mini-LP replicas boxed set includes:

* Led Zeppelin (1969)

* Led Zeppelin II (1969)

* Led Zeppelin III (1970)

* Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

* Houses of the Holy (1973)

* Physical Graffiti (1975)

* Presence (1976)

* The Song Remains the Same (1976)

* In Through the Out Door (1979)

* Coda (1982)

The sleeves included in the boxed set feature the original LP album artwork released in the U.K., including the original printing of the group's debut, which used turquoise ink on the cover for the band's name and the Atlantic Records logo. Later printings used orange ink, making the first a rare collector's item. The orange sleeve is included with the boxed set as a bonus.

"Led Zeppelin III" features the gatefold sleeve with the rotatable laminated card disc, while "Physical Graffiti", which was nominated for a Grammy Award for best album package, features the interchanging window illustrations from the original LP jacket that included four covers made up of two inners, a middle insert cover and an outer cover.

Additionally, the set includes all six covers released for "In Through the Out Door", LED ZEPPELIN's final studio album. Nominated for a Grammy Award for best album package, the "In Through the Out Door" covers feature different photos of the same bar scene taken from different perspectives.

To pre-order this limited-edition CD boxed set, go to Rhino.com.

nice set, $200 bucks on the site, Looks like a sick nice little collection. Glad to see Atlantic backing them an official release!?

iv always seen those little Japanese imports but they are so expensive separately pretty cool to see them all together.

I got the whole collection of the Japanese "Obis" a few years ago which were also well done also. All the artwork was reproduced on to the cds. Just mini versions of the lps, which even included the spinning wheel off of LZ III. Love them.

Another repackaging without a mention of any new Jimmy Page remastering. :(

I don't like how they remastered Mothership, but a new meticulous remaster of the entire catalog is long overdue, and NOT with all the levels pushed to oblivion.

Get with the program!!!

Yes. Please, do not overcompress everthing like most of today's mastering is done for the stuff they call rock (too much white noise will give you a headache after about 5 minutes) whether you like that new stuff or not...

Prime examples: latest records by Linkin Park, Nickelback, Maroon 5...

R B)

513820.jpg

LED ZEPPELIN first took flight 40 years ago this summer. And while the song may remain the same, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham forever changed rock 'n' roll. To celebrate the band's anniversary and its immeasurable influence on popular music and culture, Atlantic Records/Rhino Entertainment will release on November 4 a limited-edition CD box set. This Japanese import contains all 10 of the quartet's albums in mini-LP replicas with artwork from the original U.K. LP sleeves.

The mini-LP replicas boxed set includes:

* Led Zeppelin (1969)

* Led Zeppelin II (1969)

* Led Zeppelin III (1970)

* Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

* Houses of the Holy (1973)

* Physical Graffiti (1975)

* Presence (1976)

* The Song Remains the Same (1976)

* In Through the Out Door (1979)

* Coda (1982)

The sleeves included in the boxed set feature the original LP album artwork released in the U.K., including the original printing of the group's debut, which used turquoise ink on the cover for the band's name and the Atlantic Records logo. Later printings used orange ink, making the first a rare collector's item. The orange sleeve is included with the boxed set as a bonus.

"Led Zeppelin III" features the gatefold sleeve with the rotatable laminated card disc, while "Physical Graffiti", which was nominated for a Grammy Award for best album package, features the interchanging window illustrations from the original LP jacket that included four covers made up of two inners, a middle insert cover and an outer cover.

Additionally, the set includes all six covers released for "In Through the Out Door", LED ZEPPELIN's final studio album. Nominated for a Grammy Award for best album package, the "In Through the Out Door" covers feature different photos of the same bar scene taken from different perspectives.

To pre-order this limited-edition CD boxed set, go to Rhino.com.

Thanks 'The Pagemeister' for alerting me to another fucking rip off.

"How many more times" is a apt title for a band that has given very little to its die hard fans over the last 28 years, except to keep remastering its back catologue, time and time and time again. How much more of this are we going to be subjected too?

How much more money do you all need to live the life you do? Collectively you have an estimated £200 million plus in your bank accounts at the last count, not enough ah?

Give us some new material, or even a tour, or something else, but dont keep putting out material that i and thousands, no millions of fans already have, its getting tiring boys.

You didnt like it when Peter Grant said in the film TSRTS about the "pirate posters" being "brought out once again" and you Robert saying "We should have been pirates", well mate, if you didnt know it already, you are pirates, and we your true fans are the vanquished. Even if many of the people on this forum dont think they are, well we all are.

I for one will never buy anything that is churned out again, and again by this group. They either get their acts together and start doing things properly, Eg, New Music, Touring then a Live Album or Old material we have never seen but done better than "Led Zeppelin Box Set: Legendary Performances", you know like a complete Earls Court or Knebworth show on DVD, or both.

Come on chaps you are better than this, your were the best thing that ever happened to Rock Music, now your displaying traits that show you as just another rip off band. Just play the game and stop acting like your fans are just there to be ripped off, or are you the "New Great Rock and Roll Swindle" that made "The Sexpistols" so famous and hated by true Rock Fans.

Its about time Led Zeppelin started to act as a bunch of upstanding men, instead of acting like Pirates, ive just been to "Play.com" and there are over 26 CDs of Remastered material without going in too Jap Imports and Digipacts. How about a new album title, "How the Fans got ripped off" and you could put every CD in it, with every type of packaging that you have done, plus all the live material in a Massive Model of a Zeppelin Airship that we could hang on a wall or from the ceiling and charge us £1000/$2000 for it and have done with all this moneymaking bullshit.

Rant Over, Danny

PS, In case this isnt a wind up, where can i order my copy now please. :D

This looks pretty cool but I wonder what's the point...well, obviously money is the point.

I have the Eagles set like this with all the original artwork, covers, etc. and its kinda nice to have if you're a fan and can recall all of the old albums and sleeves.

But since I have the current complete collection CD box set I probably will pass on this.

"How many more times" is a apt title for a band that has given very little to its die hard fans over the last 28 years, except to keep remastering its back catologue, time and time and time again. How much more of this are we going to be subjected too?

How much more money do you all need to live the life you do? Collectively you have an estimated £200 million plus in your bank accounts at the last count, not enough ah?

Give us some new material, or even a tour, or something else, but dont keep putting out material that i and thousands, no millions of fans already have, its getting tiring boys.

You didnt like it when Peter Grant said in the film TSRTS about the "pirate posters" being "brought out once again" and you Robert saying "We should have been pirates", well mate, if you didnt know it already, you are pirates, and we your true fans are the vanquished. Even if many of the people on this forum dont think they are, well we all are.

I for one will never buy anything that is churned out again, and again by this group. They either get their acts together and start doing things properly, Eg, New Music, Touring then a Live Album or Old material we have never seen but done better than "Led Zeppelin Box Set: Legendary Performances", you know like a complete Earls Court or Knebworth show on DVD, or both.

Come on chaps you are better than this, your were the best thing that ever happened to Rock Music, now your displaying traits that show you as just another rip off band. Just play the game and stop acting like your fans are just there to be ripped off, or are you the "New Great Rock and Roll Swindle" that made "The Sexpistols" so famous and hated by true Rock Fans.

Its about time Led Zeppelin started to act as a bunch of upstanding men, instead of acting like Pirates, ive just been to "Play.com" and there are over 26 CDs of Remastered material without going in too Jap Imports and Digipacts. How about a new album title, "How the Fans got ripped off" and you could put every CD in it, with every type of packaging that you have done, plus all the live material in a Massive Model of a Zeppelin Airship that we could hang on a wall or from the ceiling and charge us £1000/$2000 for it and have done with all this moneymaking bullshit.

Rant Over, Danny

PS, In case this isnt a wind up, where can i order my copy now please. :D

In response to your rent......no one is forcing you to buy it. :D

But it may be a worthwhile investment if one don't have all the cds and that would be me.....hmmm..... B)

This looks pretty cool but I wonder what's the point...well, obviously money is the point.

I have the Eagles set like this with all the original artwork, covers, etc. and its kinda nice to have if you're a fan and can recall all of the old albums and sleeves.

But since I have the current complete collection CD box set I probably will pass on this.

Another repackaging, how about something new! As much as I love zeppelin, this is getting comical!!

release the 02 show 1 audio cd and 1 dvd, hell who can afford 200 bucks in this economy.

Is this better then the other box set? I mean if I've got that one is there a really good reason to get this one as well?

I think their compiliation albums/box sets equals their official studio releases:

1) Box Set 1

2) Box Set 2

3) The complete Studio recordings

4)Remasters

5)Early Days

6)Latter Days

7) Early/Latter Days

8)New Box set

Led Zeppelin hasn't existed for the last 28 years, what else can it give you? Its back catalogue is all it's got.

And as mentioned, you don't have to buy it!

I havent a clue, why do you ask 'SuperDave' ?

I was referring to this thread which I thought you made the reference of the boys doing some sort of satellite feed performance to debut their new material in Detroit for the Redwings home opener. But it wasn't you who said it, it was Detroit Dan.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?sh...8224&st=180

Sorry for the mixup.

:oops:

This makes NO mention of a new remastering. Other than the compressed, boosted like mad Mothership, there hasn't been a proper remastering since the 1990 George Marino/Jimmy Page remasters. Technology has improved immensly since then and they could make the old material sound BETTER THAN EVER, if they wanted to. <_<

This makes NO mention of a new remastering. Other than the compressed, boosted like mad Mothership, there hasn't been a proper remastering since the 1990 George Marino/Jimmy Page remasters. Technology has improved immensly since then and they could make the old material sound BETTER THAN EVER, if they wanted to. <_<

I think some live releases would be better first or outtakes of some sort. I think most of the fans would much rather have that first.

Archived