LED ZEPPELIN: Definitive Collection CD Box Set Due In November

The Pagemeister

Led Zeppelin hasn't existed for the last 28 years, what else can it give you? Its back catalogue is all it's got.

And as mentioned, you don't have to buy it!

You are so wrong 'Aquamarine', Led Zeppelin didnt die, just because the band split up for a while doesnt mean they havent existed for 28 years just that things have been put on ice. We fans wont let the band become nonexistant.

What else can it give me? Well what about Earls Court or Knebworth or the O2 or any of the many American shows that have been taped, and given the full DVD glory they deserve, better than TSRTS and full concerts.

"you don't have to buy it!" are you for real, i am a Led Zeppelin addict, like a heavy drug i cant give it up, and i dont want to either. I have supported them for decades, brought everything they have put out, not once but 3-4-5 times, i will buy this new remastered back catalogue, because i am a addict and i love them. I have followed them half way across Europe to see them for just a few hours and i dont regret or begrudge them anything.

But we dont need something that we already have, the full back catalogue, even if it is done with such taste. Unless of course they give us a tour with a studio album and a live album and DVD of the tour, not much to ask is it? Just for me you know, as i am an addict.

And if my ranting gets us all what we want then it is all for the good, the worst thing i can get is banned from this site for being anti Led Zeppelin which i am wholeheartedly not. Just a little frustrated at not getting my fix again this year.

Maybe next year then, Regards, Danny

I think some live releases would be better first or outtakes of some sort. I think most of the fans would much rather have that first.

I guess most mainstream fans would prefer that. But there are hundreds of bootlegs, many of which are EXCELLENT already, live and outtakes (from all era's). Personally I would prefer and proper 24bit remaster of the old catalog from the original multi-track tapes. Not just the 2 track first generation masters (but that would do), but a whole new, maybe even slightly tweaked on the re-mix, remaster.

I was referring to this thread which I thought you made the reference of the boys doing some sort of satellite feed performance to debut their new material in Detroit for the Redwings home opener. But it wasn't you who said it, it was Detroit Dan.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?sh...8224&st=180

Sorry for the mixup.

:oops:

Dont mention it my dear fellow, but you have, oh dear, nice to talk anyway.

Regards, Danny

This makes NO mention of a new remastering. Other than the compressed, boosted like mad Mothership, there hasn't been a proper remastering since the 1990 George Marino/Jimmy Page remasters. Technology has improved immensly since then and they could make the old material sound BETTER THAN EVER, if they wanted to. <_<

Hello you old "Retarded Vampire" you,

I know what you mean, but i dont know what i mean though, think i ment "repackageing" or something, its either altyz or somethink. I dont need Led Zeppelin to be remastered again, where will i put all the new CDs, not more shelves? the wife will go crazy.

But my tongue in cheek idea about a Large Zeppelin Airship Model that could take the entire collection in it seems a good idea now, what a centre piece for the living room, about eight feet long, two feet high, now i would pay good money for that, Jimmy did you hear that, what do ya think, can i have it for christmas and you would make an old Zepp Head Very Happy, please.

Regards, Danny

I think their compiliation albums/box sets equals their official studio releases:

1) Box Set 1

2) Box Set 2

3) The complete Studio recordings

4)Remasters

5)Early Days

6)Latter Days

7) Early/Latter Days

8)New Box set

I forgot about Mothership so that is 9 so much for the maintaining the "integrity of the original album release"nonsense.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the point of this??? They have released 2 seperate greatest hits, 2 boxed sets, the entire studio recordings (even thought it wasn't all), and all the albums were sold in a re-mastered set. How about something new, like a live album? Last November had SOME new live stuff such as a never released OTHAFA, and the video of Celebration Day and TSRTS was a neccesary re-master as the origional ran a bit too fast.

I'm not sure. I have all the albums that are in this boxset but.......I just an an idea/question: should I get mini lp defintiive thing or the complete studio recording boxset...help? :mellow:

The Complete Studio Recordings I imagine is much cheaper

In regards to the negative opinions about the sound of -mothership. I was thinking the sound was updated to current productions and current stereo equipment, as the reasoning. But if the sound is just punched up and too loud for alot of folks, then why would they even have a vinyl release as well? i'm still confused about the vinyl vs cd argument.

With the info of this new -rhino box set, with artwork and colors of labels...looks like the marketing is getting excessive. Hey, one can buy a used copy of lz 3 to see the original artwork and the wheel cover. If its being made in -japan, would think it would be all about sound quality.

I'm getting that feeling i used to get while buying led zep bootlegs on vinyl, like... i dont know exactly what i'm buying here.

I'm sure there will be alot more information about it. As of now, the complete box set is fine for me.

Thanks 'The Pagemeister' for alerting me to another fucking rip off.

"How many more times" is a apt title for a band that has given very little to its die hard fans over the last 28 years, except to keep remastering its back catologue, time and time and time again. How much more of this are we going to be subjected too?

How much more money do you all need to live the life you do? Collectively you have an estimated £200 million plus in your bank accounts at the last count, not enough ah?

Give us some new material, or even a tour, or something else, but dont keep putting out material that i and thousands, no millions of fans already have, its getting tiring boys.

You didnt like it when Peter Grant said in the film TSRTS about the "pirate posters" being "brought out once again" and you Robert saying "We should have been pirates", well mate, if you didnt know it already, you are pirates, and we your true fans are the vanquished. Even if many of the people on this forum dont think they are, well we all are.

I for one will never buy anything that is churned out again, and again by this group. They either get their acts together and start doing things properly, Eg, New Music, Touring then a Live Album or Old material we have never seen but done better than "Led Zeppelin Box Set: Legendary Performances", you know like a complete Earls Court or Knebworth show on DVD, or both.

Come on chaps you are better than this, your were the best thing that ever happened to Rock Music, now your displaying traits that show you as just another rip off band. Just play the game and stop acting like your fans are just there to be ripped off, or are you the "New Great Rock and Roll Swindle" that made "The Sexpistols" so famous and hated by true Rock Fans.

Its about time Led Zeppelin started to act as a bunch of upstanding men, instead of acting like Pirates, ive just been to "Play.com" and there are over 26 CDs of Remastered material without going in too Jap Imports and Digipacts. How about a new album title, "How the Fans got ripped off" and you could put every CD in it, with every type of packaging that you have done, plus all the live material in a Massive Model of a Zeppelin Airship that we could hang on a wall or from the ceiling and charge us £1000/$2000 for it and have done with all this moneymaking bullshit.

I agree...and I don't believe I'm any less of a Zeppelin fan because of it. This re-packaging/re-issuing nonsense is becoming quite tedious. Like BIGDAN has already mentioned, there is so much stuff never yet officially released that I would have no problem spending big bucks on...

uhm seeing the picture of this post, I think there's something wrong or unusual

That picture is from the japanese box already on sale (I guess since end of september) and the real interesting thing is that the pictures are from the very first album pressings.

So, if you'll take a look closely, you'll see that the OBIs (sash) are quite different from the one used on the mini-lp replicas.

On the other end there's nothing new on the music or about remastering.

... and that's quite disappointing ... even for die-hard collectors

examples from the Ist cd:

I32XD-520.jpg

I4005.jpg

Iamcy2431.jpg

Iw11611.jpg

(all these pictures from my huge led zeppelin discography on line)

I'll just wait for something new, unreleased or new projects and save my money.

In this economy, there is no sense in buying it all over again (unless you've never bought it before).

How about official releases of:

Entire Royal Albert Hall 1970 --- cd/ dvd

Earls Court 75 (all 5 nights) -- complete boxed Set cd/ dvd

Knebworth '79 (August --- both night (the 4th and the 11th) --- complete shows cd/dvd

and anything else on dvd like the O2 complete

R B)

uhm seeing the picture of this post, I think there's something wrong or unusual

That picture is from the japanese box already on sale (I guess since end of september) and the real interesting thing is that the pictures are from the very first album pressings.

So, if you'll take a look closely, you'll see that the OBIs (sash) are quite different from the one used on the mini-lp replicas.

On the other end there's nothing new on the music or about remastering.

... and that's quite disappointing ... even for die-hard collectors

examples from the Ist cd:

I32XD-520.jpg

I4005.jpg

Iamcy2431.jpg

Iw11611.jpg

(all these pictures from my huge led zeppelin discography on line)

I thought the one in the boxset have the name and Atlantic in the orginal tourqoius. I read that in a discription of the set. The first UK printings were in tourqouis not orange, according to this.

Archived