LED ZEPPELIN: Definitive Collection CD Box Set Due In November

The Pagemeister

Yes I'm sure it is. I bought it about 10 years ago for about $90 or so. I know it was under $100 and it was sealed too. It was a good price.

Good heavens. I bought it when it came out in '93 (even though I had no CD player) and paid the equivalent of 10 CDs at Australian prices. The Aussies on the board will remember what CD prices in Oz were like back then... $200 is cheap compared to what The Complete Studio Recordings cost.

they should have done something different: reissue the albums in their original 33 1/3 LP sizes but with CDs inside them...or have BOTH the vinyl and the CDs released together. Anyway, the Jap love their collectibles...

Wow...I wouldn't recommend buying this at all, unless you have a bunch of cash burning up your wallet...personally, I don't really care that much for the mini-LPs, they're just something to worry about damaging...not to mention the fact that the catalogue hasn't been remastered for this issue, and there's no mention of the extra tracks released with The Complete Studio Recordings (i.e., "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?" et al.) as far as I've been able to see...one's money would be better spent on the aformentioned release, which is what I'll be getting this Christmas.

BTW: We need more live stuff, not to mention the many studio tracks and goodies still in the vaults. Imagine what might have been if Pagey wasn't robbed all those years ago...

Rain Song from the 1980 "Over Europe" tour is currently playing. Pretty sure it's from Zurich on June 29th. I've had the station on for a few hours now, and this is the first so called rarity I've heard. I love the 1980 versions of this song and this version is one of the best. Something to do with Jonesy's mellotron I guess. :thumbsup::piano:

lol, really? I thought the version that they played during the 80 tour sounded odd...

Awesome. Amazon has it 20% off, I am getting this.

Good price, but I can do better. I just received an email from Amazon and they are now offering this set at $139.99. That's 30% off. Hopefully you didn't buy it yet, but Amazon will usually give you that price if it comes down.

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Collectio...6033&sr=1-1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm from germany and please excuse my bad english but I hope you understand my mode of expression.

The only 2 reasons for me to buy the box is the Soundquality and of course the mini LP covers with the extras. I have the compl. studio Rec. box and it's sounds very good. So is the Sound of the new Box really better? I heard that they use the old master from '94 and the master from 2003 should be better. So why they don't use the 03 Master?

You only talk about the US-Relaese from Nov.2008. What you think about the japan release from Okt.2008 with the new SHM CD material? This should be the best Sounds of all Releases! But I don't trust them, becouse a better Sound with new material only and no new remaster?

I would like to buy all LedZepp mini LP CDs but wich Versions and it is worthwhile itself for the Sound?

greetings from germany

LZ4ever

It's really up to you if you feel you need it. But it's a lot to spend for something you have in another form. As I've said in previous post on this thread I have the mini "Obi" cds which were released individual back in Japan around the late 90's or so. I like them. It's your call.

Has the audio been re-re-mastered or is it the same as 10 years ago?

My info is, that they use the remaster from 1994 for the last mini-releases 2008 in US and Japan (SHM).

In germanys forums the people argue violently about the worth of the SHM CD. And also about the Master 1994 or 2003. There is no common opinion about that but I think here it's the same.

Maybe the Problem is, that none has both remaster CDs from 94 and 03 to the direct comparison, or?

It's really up to you if you feel you need it. But it's a lot to spend for something you have in another form. As I've said in previous post on this thread I have the mini "Obi" cds which were released individual back in Japan around the late 90's or so. I like them. It's your call.

I feel I wan't it. But first I like to know wich master is better and what's with these strange SHM-CD-Material?

ANOTHER re-release...and yeah, I know, nobody is forcing me to buy it. Big deal, although it will probably press the buttons of some new and old Led Zeppelin fans out there..

What is it with remasters anyhow? I (personally) like music as it was recorded...and remasters become a bit of a novelty. I seriously can't tell much difference between The Remasters set and Mothership. On the otherhand, I also like the crackle and hiss of a vinyl record. How strange is that? Pure clarity audiophile releases...again, big deal, my ears are probably fu*ked after 35 years of going to concerts, festivals and working on / around steam turbines anyhow!!

Perhaps Led Zeppelin could release stuff in the format that KISS did...multiple box sets of DVD performances over career periods. For example, the KISSology I set spanned 1974-1977, set II spanned 1978-1991 and set III spanned 1992-2000. Each set had about 4 to 6 hours of material and hidden eggs / bonus discs. If you like a particular band, this sort of release is absolute HEAVEN. I like KISS and even I got fed up with some of the money making ventures over recent years :angry: , but hey, the KISSology series are fantastic. Off the top of my head, there must be about 20 gigs on the 3 KISSology sets...great for fans.

How cool would a similar Led Zeppelin release be, all visitors to this site knows of the Led Zeppelin Tours, TV performances and the bootleg audio / video that is out there over the years. Jimmy, why not compile it and market it like Gene Simmons had the brainwave of doing...how does this sound:

Led Zeppelin box set I 1968-71,

Led Zeppelin box set II 1972-75,

Led Zeppelin box set III 1976-80

Me personally, I have the albums, I have the CD's...now please Led Zeppelin, give me something DIFFERENT, something NEW. The 'How the West Was Won' CD and DVD was something different, something new, and a breath of nostalgic air...that my friends is what I would like to breathe again...ahh, if only... :o

Take care people, and keep spinning the records...they are better than remastered CD's from Japan and the cover artwork is better too!! :)

Does anyone know what this is? - click

It looks like another Complete Studio Recordings set for release on December 10th. It seems awfully cheap at £29.49!

I checked it out and not sure what it is. The picture is of 1st album and says it's only 1 cd. Could be just that album as part of the Definitive Collection. Maybe, selling them seperately. Wish I could be more help to you.

Does anyone know what this is? - click

It looks like another Complete Studio Recordings set for release on December 10th. It seems awfully cheap at £29.49!

I think this is a major cock-up by Amazon. It should read £249.49. Hence at that price I've ordered one and I think any one else interested should do so asap before they notice their mistake! What a bargain! I'm prepared to take my chances with this order bearing in mind the price they are quoting.

I already have every Zep album probably four times over in different formats - Vinyl, mini replicas, boxed sets, etc but if I'm going to get all the mini replicas again remastered and all covers to ITTOD at a price of £29.49 I ain't gonna hesitate! If I don't get what I'm expecting then I'll just ask for a refund but only after I insist they honour their price and contract!

I think this is a major cock-up by Amazon. It should read £249.49. Hence at that price I've ordered one and I think any one else interested should do so asap before they notice their mistake! What a bargain! I'm prepared to take my chances with this order bearing in mind the price they are quoting.

I already have every Zep album probably four times over in different formats - Vinyl, mini replicas, boxed sets, etc but if I'm going to get all the mini replicas again remastered and all covers to ITTOD at a price of £29.49 I ain't gonna hesitate! If I don't get what I'm expecting then I'll just ask for a refund but only after I insist they honour their price and contract!

i've just done the same - well spotted and thanks :)

Archived