A new bass player to the forum

Miller-Clarke-Lesh

Well, as the title and my username suggest, I am a bass player. And I'm 22 and i curentley live in Boston, going to collage. my main bass for all you gear junkies is a '82 5 string P bass. its so sweet sounding, i get a great slap and pop out of it. I WAS a member of the old Led Zeppelin forum before they moved.... and the only person i remember was even, or was it evrett.... oh well, i remeber him well, we had alot of music talks.... The reason i joined is because John Paul Jones is a HUGE part of my style, and if it wasnt for Led Zeppelin and John, i probably wouldnt be playing bass right now.....

Cheers,

Alex.

I own and play bass. I tried to start a bassist thread and didn't get far.

I own Guitar Rig 2

Black Squire P-Bass with EMG P/J pickups and a drop -D tuner.

Tobacco Sunburst Fender 24 Jazz with Rotosound Piano Style Strings. ( JPJ and Entwhistle used them)

Peavey Basic 112 combo. 80 watts and 12in speaker.

SWR Working mans 400 amp

SWR 4x10

SWR 1x15

Digitec BP150 multi bass effects pedal

Berhinger Limiter/enhancer pedal

I started playing Zep alot. I went into Motown (James Jameson). Right now im heavy into Tool.

If I had 10,000. I would by a Alembic bass.

I own and play bass. I tried to start a bassist thread and didn't get far.

I own Guitar Rig 2

Black Squire P-Bass with EMG P/J pickups and a drop -D tuner.

Tobacco Sunburst Fender 24 Jazz with Rotosound Piano Style Strings. ( JPJ and Entwhistle used them)

Peavey Basic 112 combo. 80 watts and 12in speaker.

SWR Working mans 400 amp

SWR 4x10

SWR 1x15

Digitec BP150 multi bass effects pedal

Berhinger Limiter/enhancer pedal

I started playing Zep alot. I went into Motown (James Jameson). Right now im heavy into Tool.

If I had 10,000. I would by a Alembic bass.

me too! I'd get me a Stanley Clarke signature.

ohh, i got an old Ampeg, it pays the bills, if yah know what i mean! :D i also have a '73 Sunburst J bass that i turned into a fretless, like Jaco's

ohh, i got an old Ampeg, it pays the bills, if yah know what i mean! biggrin.gif i also have a '73 Sunburst J bass that i turned into a fretless, like Jaco's

nice bass's man, lol glad you made it back to the forums, welcome

J basses are great and I just bought another....currently play through Hartke's cos Im liking the "brilliant" sound. You can't beat the sound of an Ampeg 8x10's though!

I've heard a lot about harke, are they good? I'm thinking bout a new Mesa head, though, cause i like the raw tubed sound. I love my J bass, its go such warm sound. much better than my P, i just dont have enough money to get another '72, i got lucky with mine.

Archived