Led Zeppelin lasts...

JRomero

Jan 18, 1973 @ St. George's Hall in Bradford is the last documented performance of Immigrant Song.

I have two recordings from this show. One is a partial soundboard and the other is an audience recording. The soundboard contains a recording of the Immigrant Song, while the audience tape claims that the Immigrant Song was not played as an encore that night, and was added in from a different show.

The mystery continues... :D

My aud recording has the song, and judging by my ears (which is really just my opinion), it is the same show.

Thank you for confirming. It's a shame to hear Robert struggle to hit the high notes on the "On we sweep with..." section. It ends up being like a monotonous spoken sort of voice.

Does your recording sound sped up?

The TDOLZ release sounds too fast. I also have a much better sounding AUD recording with this lineage:

Maxell XLII (unk gen) > Speed Corrected >

Audiophile 2496 > Cool Edit 2000 > CD Wave

It sounds much better. For the SBD, I have a 1 Gen copy.

Edit: It must sound better, because I said it twice. :-)

The TDOLZ release sounds too fast. I also have a much better sounding AUD recording with this lineage:

Maxell XLII (unk gen) > Speed Corrected >

Audiophile 2496 > Cool Edit 2000 > CD Wave

It sounds much better. For the SBD, I have a 1 Gen copy.

Edit: It must sound better, because I said it twice. :-)

I'll have to grab that copy. I have the TDOLZ release, and it's the one that refutes the performance of the Immigrant Song that night. My soundboard also sounds like it's a semitone too fast.

Looks like I need to hop on some bootlegs. :D

Here's the last versions of all the major songs, not counting the reunions of course. I'll try not to put songs that really weren't played live or played so few times it doesn't matter.

Album songs first

Led Zeppelin I

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You-Nov 7th 1969

You Shook Me Oct 5th 1972 Japan in Medley, Oct 12th 1969 in London as stand alone.

Dazed and Confused May 25th 1975

I Can't Quit You Baby-Chicago 7-6 1973 in medley, March 25th 1970 alone.

How Many More Times-Jan 31st 1975 in Detroit

Communication Breakdown-7-3-80

II

Whole Lotta Love-7-7-80

What is and What Should Never Be 1-25-73 Aberdeen

Lemon Song-Disputable, depends on what you really consider the Lemon Song. Somewhere around 1973 or so.

Thank You-MSG 7-29

Heartbreaker-Zurich 6-29-80

Moby Dick-Drum solo Seattle 7-17-77

Bring it on Home 6-25-72 The Forum

III

Immigrant Song 1-18-73 Bradford UK

Celebration Day-Knebworth 8-11

Since I've Been Loving You-7-7-80

Tangerine-5-25-75

That's the Way-Same

Bron Y-Aur Stomp-7-24-77

IV

Black Dog-7-7-80

Rock and Roll 7-7-80

Battle of Evermore-7-24-77

Stairway to Heaven 7-7-80

Misty Mountain Hop-8-11-79

Going to California-7-24-77

WTLB and Four Sticks just weren't played enough only a couple times combined

The Song Remains the Same 8-11 Knebworth

Rain Song 7-7-80

Over the Hills and Far Away 8-11 Knebworth

Dancing Days-Either 6-27-77 LA or 7-13 Michigan, LA one was only about half the song. Cabo version was cut but it sounds like they played the entire song.

No Quarter-Knebworth 8-11

The Ocean-7-29-73

I'll do the PG stuff and later tomorrow.

Physical Graffiti

In My Time of Dying-6-25-77 The Forum

Trampled Under Foot-7-7-80

Kashmir-7-7-80

Ten Years Gone-8-4-79 Knebworth

The Wanton Song-1-25-75 Indianapolis

Black Country Woman 7-24-77 Oakland

Sick Again 8-11-79 Knebworth

Presence

Achilles Last Stand-7-5-80

Nobody's Fault But Mine-7-7-80

In Through the Outdoor

In the Evening-7-7-80

Hot Dog-7-7-80

All My Love 7-7-80

Covers

Train Kept a Rolling-7-7-80

We're Gonna Groove 4-18-70 Pheonix

As Long as I Have You 5-28-69 Boston

Let's Have a Party-4-1-73 France

Weekend 6-14-72 New York

C'mon Everybody 9-28-71

Long Tall Sally-9-2-70 Oakland

Somethin' Else-2-28-70 Copenhagen

Blueberry Hill-6-27-72

Jan 18, 1973 @ St. George's Hall in Bradford is the last documented performance of Immigrant Song.

I have a tape from Paris 4/1/73 that has Immigrant Song listed on it. It could be labeled wrong, but that is the date and location with that as an encore.

uhm all interesting

... apart from the title of this thread: Zeppeling !!! wtf!!

Sorry about that! Typo on my behalf.

When was the last time Jimmy wore one of his iconic polyester suits on stage?

Sorry about that! Typo on my behalf.

When was the last time Jimmy wore one of his iconic polyester suits on stage?

I believe the white poppy suit was last worn 1977.07.17:

526.jpg

and the black dragon suit on 1977.07.23 in Oakland:

1682.jpg

Photos courtesy of Your Overlord's site.

The goal of this thread is to answer questions of when things we're last done live by Led Zeppelin.

Here is my question to start things off:

When was the last time Robert sung Over The Hills And Far Away live like he did on the album?

I would like to know if you have the Lyrics of the song Dazed and confused which was played in this show. The 18.33 minutes long song. Particularly his words after ( soul of the women was created below ) he screams something out, which i am unable to figure it out. I have tried a lot but could understand. If you could help it would be great.

Thank you

I would like to know if you have the Lyrics of the song Dazed and confused which was played in this show. The 18.33 minutes long song. Particularly his words after ( soul of the women was created below ) he screams something out, which i am unable to figure it out. I have tried a lot but could understand. If you could help it would be great.

Thank you

Are you talking about the "How The West Was Won" version? If so, Robert says, "Soul of a woman was created below. And I like it!"

When and where did JPJ last play a single mandolin before introducing the famed triple neck?

I'm not certain, but looking at photos, John Paul Jones was still using individual guitars for the acoustic set in Baton Rouge, LA on 5/19/1977. He definitely had it by the LA shows in June. So it's somewhere in that time period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought I should see fit to resurrect this thread, first to answer the questions above:

The last time Robert ever sung OTHAFA live with the same vocal range as on the album (but not perfectly) was on December 23d 1972. He did make a few tries to hit it on it's original register in 1977, at MSG, but he ended up sounding like he was on helium......

Now as for 2 interesting lasts on the July 17th 1977 concert at the Kingdome:

-Last John Bohnam Drum solo.

-Last Jimmy Page usage of the White Dragon Suit.

I thought I should see fit to resurrect this thread, first to answer the questions above:

The last time Robert ever sung OTHAFA live with the same vocal range as on the album (but not perfectly) was on December 23d 1972. He did make a few tries to hit it on it's original register in 1977, at MSG, but he ended up sounding like he was on helium......

Now as for 2 interesting lasts on the July 17th 1977 concert at the Kingdome:

-Last John Bohnam Drum solo.

-Last Jimmy Page usage of the White Dragon Suit.

Yep...for the last few 1977 shows Jimmy wore the black dragon suit. And they dropped Moby Dick at Tempe and the 2 Oakland shows...I'm glad they did, but anyone know why?

Archived