Robert & Alison Interview CBS Morning Show 10/12

I love how the banner ad at the top is for AARP.

I hope that's just a coincidence.

Remember, this interview was taped back in June at the time of his MSG shows at the WAMU Theatre(I was there and they put on a great show), so some of the interview may seem a bit dated. That's in regard to what has transponded since then with all the rumors etc.

I hope that's just a coincidence.

Remember, this interview was taped back in June at the time of his MSG shows at the WAMU Theatre(I was there and they put on a great show), so some of the interview may seem a bit dated. That's in regard to what has transponded since then with all the rumors etc.

Just watched the interview, no new revelations really. Katie Couric asked the usual point blank question about LZ and received the usual answer that he just can't see himself going back to the old stuff (my paraphrase, I am sure the interview will be up on Youtube later). Also, I got the impression that the plans for the follow-up project are less concrete than everyone assumes, the response was "we will see what T Bone comes up with next". I do know for a fact that Robert has done some recording with Buddy Miller in September, so it could be that his Americana exploration may involve projects with musicians other than Alison.

I have always thought that the real key to him reuniting with Page/JPJ/Jason would be fresh material that would be as critically and commercially relevant as the Raising Sand material. There have been many implications on this board that he and Page are having relationship issues, however they have had many Gallagher brother moments over the years (sorry for the reference but if you are looking for humor please pick up the latest Spin and read the Noel Gallagher interview, it is absolutely hilarious) and these have been overcome. I really think Plant likes artistic challenges and he wants to work with whoever can provide that. Which, at this time, is T Bone.

Thanks for the review Kentuckygirl. In the summer I would've bet money that they would have done another album and tour sooner rather than later. But now nothing seems to be set in stone anymore as far as anything goes. I just checked on YouTube to see if it had been posted - nothing yet. But I did find this with Robert & Alison inducting T-Bone into the TEC Hall Of Fame. Never knew about this:

Thanks for the review Kentuckygirl. In the summer I would've bet money that they would have done another album and tour sooner rather than later. But now nothing seems to be set in stone anymore as far as anything goes. I just checked on YouTube to see if it had been posted - nothing yet. But I did find this with Robert & Alison inducting T-Bone into the TEC Hall Of Fame. Never knew about this:

The rumors at the Americana awards show afterparty was that everyone involved in Raising Sand will be taking a "break" to work on other projects, and that no firm decisions have been made regarding RS part two. Everyone assumes a follow-up will be done, but the timeline is in question. RP's statement that he will not be touring with ANYONE for two years seems to confirm this rumor.

I would like to see a live DVD/CD released from the Raising Sand tour.

The rumors at the Americana awards show afterparty was that everyone involved in Raising Sand will be taking a "break" to work on other projects, and that no firm decisions have been made regarding RS part two. Everyone assumes a follow-up will be done, but the timeline is in question. RP's statement that he will not be touring with ANYONE for two years seems to confirm this rumor.

I would like to see a live DVD/CD released from the Raising Sand tour.

There were plans to film in St. Louis and at one point I thought added a second show but that didn't seem to materialise. I think a live dvd professionally shot would be great.

The interview was good but didn't really reveal too much. Not a big fan of Katie Couric and felt she could have asked more pertinent questions (even recognising this was taped back in early June). I thought it was funny when she posed the Zep question and he said "you have pretty eyes" :lol:

I was thankfully woke from some sweet dreaming by my daughter so I saw this.

Yeah, nothing new for us here really.

But seeing Robert charm Katie was cute enough to make missing my dream worth it.

:rolleyes:

Loved him showing his famous boots. And the clips of him and Alison were cute too.

Watched the show this morning too. Not much new with the questions asked or the answers they gave either. I think he is going to focus on new music and not relive the past with Page, JPJ. I really think him loosing his child, his marriage and his best friend, Bonzo is why in some reasons. Neither Page or JPJ were there at the services when his son died and I think this is something that has gotta bother him. Bonzo was the one that talked him into coming back to LZ after that and then Bonzo died. I think he lost alot (child, marriage and then Bonzo) towards the "end" of LZ and wants to look forward with different music. I think he enjoys doing LZ songs in different ways and that is why he continues to perform them in different ways.

Watched it as I am stuck in My House .It was interesting but kind of depressing from the point that I want a Zep reunion and Robert has once again said no no no but I will continue to support anything Him and the rest of the Guys decide to do.If that means traveling around the Country so be it.First I need to recuperate from the black plague or whatever this crap wants to be called.

It was a cute interview. They look cute together holding hands and walking along like that. Alison was married until 2001 and is known as "The First Lady Of Bluegrass." I hate to use the term reliable sources because this was learned some time ago. It is said Alison was a huge fan of Plant from very young. I heard she had the typical poster and all :lol:

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singer/...s-picture-1.jpg

alison-krauss-picture-1.jpg

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Krauss

It was a cute interview. They look cute together holding hands and walking along like that. Alison was married until 2001 and is known as "The First Lady Of Bluegrass." I hate to use the term reliable sources because this was learned some time ago. It is said Alison was a huge fan of Plant from very young. I heard she had the typical poster and all :lol:

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singer/...s-picture-1.jpg

alison-krauss-picture-1.jpg

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Krauss

Her brother Viktor was a huge Zep fan and as she's said in a couple of interviews, he'd play stuff for her and just shake his head in disbelief at how good it was. I would assume it was him that had the posters of Zep not her. She has commented on being pretty floored by his solo works and how diverse it is.

Yes, she said in the interview it was her brother who was into Zep, not her.

Her brother Viktor is indeed the bigger Zeppelin fan than Alison is. She mentioned more of his solo work that she really liked the most. I missed the interview. Hopefully it will show up on Youtube.

Her brother Viktor is indeed the bigger Zeppelin fan than Alison is. She mentioned more of his solo work that she really liked the most. I missed the interview. Hopefully it will show up on Youtube.

A few years ago Viktor put out a cd and Alison sings on some of the tunes. Not sure how many as I don't own it. However, they cover Robert's "Big Log". It's pretty much true to the original, but I think it's quite enjoyable. The temp is a tad slower than the original.

Here is their version of the song. It's actually Robert's 1983 video with Viktor and Alison's audio of the tune.

A few years ago Viktor put out a cd and Alison sings on some of the tunes. Not sure how many as I don't own it. However, they cover Robert's "Big Log". It's pretty much true to the original, but I think it's quite enjoyable. The temp is a tad slower than the original.

Here is their version of the song. It's actually Robert's 1983 video with Viktor and Alison's audio of the tune.

I thought they did a good version of the song.

Yes, I have heard it and think Alison is sublime as usual and Viktor is talented in his own right! I went to his myspace page and heard a couple of tracks that he is done. In his biography, it mentions that Led Zeppelin is one of his influences and that Jonesy is one of his idols!! How cool is that! I bet their parents are very proud of them both! B)

Archived