Sarah Palin guilty of abuse of power, says State Investigation

I have got a horsey

I think the people, low class (often a subjective analysis) or not, were just expressing their feelings of revulsion, and exercising their Freedom of Speech rights. Philadelphians speak their minds and don't lie. I prefer honesty over phoniness any day.

They [those Flyers fans] are rude assholes who would boo the Pope if he wasn't wearing a Flyers Jersey. A pox on them I say.

Kudos to you for being so open-minded.

Does that mean you are taking back the 'racism' charge?

Ashame you have to use bigoted comments against Obama to make a senseless point.

Why, because I'm not a fan of Kenyans? Sorry, if I excersised my "free speech" in a manner that you didn't like. Sort of rude and classless like booing the governor of another state who is visiting your city.

Whatever happened to Philadelphia being the "city of brotherly love?"

Yep, a pox on those Flyers fans. May the flies of a thousand camels infest their crothches.

Obama_Wright.jpg

They [those Flyers fans] are rude assholes who would boo the Pope if he wasn't wearing a Flyers Jersey. A pox on them I say.

Does that mean you are taking back the 'racism' charge?

Why, because I'm not a fan of Kenyans? Sorry, if I excersised my "free speech" in a manner that you didn't like. Sort of rude and classless like booing the governor of another state who is visiting your city.

Whatever happened to Philadelphia being the "city of brotherly love?"

Yep, a pox on those Flyers fans. May the flies of a thousand camels infest their crothches.

Obama_Wright.jpg

Classless or not, i would have booed her, too :) There is good reason why people are upset about her, as you already know. I will say that many sports fans are rude, no matter what team they root for. Arrogance, testosterone and beer combined can lead to rude behavior.

I still think your comments are racist, even if you are not. As for the "city of brotherly love", it depends on where you go and who you meet. :)

Classless or not, i would have booed her, too :) There is good reason why people are upset about her, as you already know.

What a typical hypocrite liberal you are. On one hand you almost demand respect for your idiot canidates. But when it comes to treating Sarah Palin with and ounce of respect, you would offer none.

Why do you hate her? Because she is a woman who refused to kill her baby?

I will say that many sports fans are rude, no matter what team they root for. Arrogance, testosterone and beer combined can lead to rude behavior.

No excuse.

I still think your comments are racist, even if you are not. As for the "city of brotherly love", it depends on where you go and who you meet. :)

I think my comments are not racist. I think you just pick and choose your own forms of bigotry as they suit you. I think you are a hypocrite. I think Brack Obama is an anti-American liar just like his pastor and his ugly wife.

barack-obama.jpgmichelle-obama.jpg

I'll bet you were never bothered by all the pictures showing George Bush as a stupid monkey? I wonder how you are going to respond to Barack and his family being disrespected the same way?

Are you going to defend people's right to free speech like those idiot Flyers fans? Or are you going to get pissy when the shoe is on the other foot?

See how this works... hypocrite.

:whistling:

Edited by Del Zeppnile

What a typical hypocrite liberal you are. On one hand you almost demand respect for your idiot canidates. But when it comes to treating Sarah Palin with and ounce of respect, you would offer none.

Why do you hate her? Because she is a woman who refused to kill her baby?

No excuse.

I think my comments are not racist. I think you just pick and choose your own forms of bigotry as they suit you. I think you are a hypocrite. I think Brack Obama is an anti-American liar just like his pastor and his ugly wife.

I'll bet you were never bothered by all the pictures showing George Bush as a stupid monkey? I wonder how you are going to respond to Barack and his family being disrespected the same way?

Are you going to defend people's right to free speech like those idiot Flyers fans? Or are you going to get pissy when the shoe is on the other foot?

See how this works... hypocrite.

:whistling:

Makes no sense that i would hate someone who didn't have an abortion. That statement is ludicrous. Talk about a hypocrite:

http://www.essentialestrogen.com/2008/09/p...disabled_c.html

Palin Cut Funds for Disabled Children in Alaska

Just noticed a piece by Ethan Elgin, a writer who has worked in the mental health field and advocates for the rights of those with disabilities, and wanted wanted to pass it along to Essential Estrogen readers.

With the recent pick of Sarah Palin as VP, the only information that can be garnered in regards to her policies in Mental Health is her record with state budget cuts concerning special needs. ... during her tenure in office she cut spending for The Department of Education and Early Development of Special Needs in Alaska. These are funds specifically targeted to help disabled children in the public school system, particularly for families that cannot afford specialized care. Without these funds the supplementary services for local schools for children with special needs were not met.

The following is the budget reports provided by the Special Education Service Agency:

In 2007 before Gov. Palin took office the budget was at $8,265,300.

After she took office the budget for special needs in Alaska is now $3,156,000 for the years 2008 and 2009.

This is a cut of $5,109,300.

As each day passes, and additional information comes to light about her dealings in Alaska, I become more convinced that my original assessment of Palin as a government reformer was incorrect.

................................................................................

Well to be fair to Sarah, she made those cuts BEFORE she knew her baby was going to be a special needs person. indifferent0013.gif

I have been explicit in my reasons for not liking her. You are certainly welcome to go back and read my previous posts if you want to know my reasons, but i doubt you care that much. :) Bottom line, she is NOT FIT to run this country, not as second in command, certainly not as first. If you think she is the right person for the job, that's your problem.

I am a Democrat supporter and i know that once Bush and his incompetent Administration are out of power, our country can start to find the road again. McCain is clueless and his VP choice is even more so.

As for the Flyers fans (or any other sports team fans, because it's certainly not limited to Philadelphia), their rudeness is not my problem. I don't hang around with Apes like that. But as i said, i can relate to how they feel about Sarah Palin. This is not about who is being picked as high school class President. This is a critical matter and she is a monumental insult to a great number of Americans.

Just like you think Obama is a liar, i have already seen many examples of McCain and Palin being liars.

Pictures of Bush showing how stupid he is, i totally agree because he is. Obama is not. I am not an Obama lover, but i know he is a much better choice than a third term of Bush. I know Obama has logical plans to help this country climb out of the hole we are in. I don't have one bit of confidence in McCain. btw...nice pics, showing your true colors again.

Talk about respect. McCain and Palin spend more time bashing Obama and the Democratic Party than tallking about anything they will do for this country. At least they are honest about not having any ideas to present. They use diversion to get through their speeches. McCain, more of the same failed Bush policies...WHO REALLY WANTS THIS?

This is Sarah Palin, quote "now there are the world's standards of perfection, and then there are God's standards, and these are the final measure"....

confused0003.gif

Let us all pray God will get us out of this war, and fix our Economy, and Healthcare, and improve Foreign Relations, and fix the high unemployment rate, etc..etc...etc... Maybe if Sarah believes hard enough it will all happen. confused0006.gif

Edit: and for the last time, McCain is not our FRIEND, so stop calling us that.

Edited by ~tangerine~

Good, I assume that's the end of all this Rezko and Ayers shit then. B)

It's supposed to apply to all but the title of this thread starts: 'Sarah Palin Guilty'

Sounds like a Nazi kangaroo court to me.

B)

Wasn't Rezko convicted?

And doesn't Ayers still advocate violence? 'I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough!'---New York Times Sept. 11th, 2001

Hey elctofuck

You claim your mother and father left the G.O.P. because of what you saw on you tube. Which happens to be the reason you hate the G.O.P. yourself.

How can you explain this at an Obama Rally.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2008/10/...ls-it-vile.html

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/10/...h-palin-in.html

Hmm... Its seems to me I have never saw "hang that N*&^R from a tree T-Shirts, but I have seen Sarah Palin is a C&%t T-Shirts.

But Its the McCain supporters who are out of control.

Edited by Pb Derigable

Hey elctofuck

You claim your mother and father left the G.O.P. because of what you saw on you tube. Which happens to be the reason you hate the G.O.P. yourself.

How can you explain this at an Obama Rally.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2008/10/...ls-it-vile.html

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/10/...h-palin-in.html

Hmm... Its seems to me I have never saw "hang that N*&^R from a tree T-Shirts, but I have seen Sarah Palin is a C&%t T-Shirts.

But Its the McCain supporters who are out of control.

Can you post a pic of one of those Palin shirts? I bet it would get some laughs...

anyway, i think many have a hard time taking you seriously when you resort to twisting someone's username so viciously...following your party's lead...

i listen to plenty of CNN (sorry FOX is the devil, lol) and I NEVER hear Palin say anything that has meaning/substance/makes sense...but she has a mouth as foul as a sailor.

My parents didn't leave the Republican Party because of YouTube videos. The type of people in those videos is what made them leave. You couldn't do a little reading between the lines? Furthermore, I don't hate the GOP because of what I see on YouTube videos. Either you're really this dumb or you're being obtuse to be funny. Which is worse, come to think of it.

And what makes you think I would condone shirts calling Sarah Palin a cunt? She's a vile, hateful, ignorant, stupid, vapid, clueless ditz......but she's not a cunt.

Like I said, people who put up shit like this:

barackhusseinobama.jpg

are why people like my parents don't want anything to do with the GOP anymore.

Del clearly dissed Philadelphians, and with a population of over one million people, there are sure to be lots of idiots (which you can find everywhere around the country).

As for the not being allowed to touch Obama/Biden remark you make, i don't understand. McCain and Palin have been bashing them throughtout their campaign...and CNN showed coverage of what some of the people say about Obama, due to his "color" or should i say "race".

McCain has been bashing Obama's policies and experience. That's fine. Those are on the table. But he has yet to say anything about his color or race, so i don't understand your point.

And of course CNN showed people talking about Obama's color or race. We all know that happens. But then the same people that bitch about rednecks like them start flicking off McCain. It's an extreme double standard

McCain has been bashing Obama's policies and experience. That's fine. Those are on the table. But he has yet to say anything about his color or race, so i don't understand your point.

And of course CNN showed people talking about Obama's color or race. We all know that happens. But then the same people that bitch about rednecks like them start flicking off McCain. It's an extreme double standard

Listen to a speech by Sarah sailor mouth and you will understand what i say. I never hear anything coherent from her, just stuff like "if we get elected we will fix this country". Never HOW she plans to do that by the side of McCain, who has no clue either. I heard her talk in Johnstown, PA and she brought "God" into the speech as if she was a church minister. Sorry Sarah, most of us are not Pentecoastal fanatics like you are. It's not the first time i have heard her speaking about God and frankly, it just confirms her ignorance of our country's TRUE NEEDS. It's not appropriate and not what our country needs to hear. But i know, she is pandering to a certain group of people, spewing more nonsense. If God was running things, we would not be in this situation Mrs Palin.

Obama has plans and good ones. McCain offers bullshit. He will finish off the country for Bush if elected. Mark my words if he gets into office.

I feel sorry for you wanna be...must be hard to be afraid to vote for the party who can help our country get back on their feet (for reasons i can't figure out except that crazy Dr. Paul was outed), versus a third term of Bush which i'm pretty sure you don't want.

Edit: and to answer the race question, my point was many people would NEVER vote for a black person, end of story...and many on this board are resorting to bigotry against Obama's race...so that's my point.

Edit again: answer me this, do you condone the pics your hero Del put up? I ask about him because you responded to me over a post between Del and me.

Edited by ~tangerine~

Nice to see that this thread is taking the same course as the actual campaign......

That's a natural state of events as the election nears closer...but since Obama is in the lead, in some places substantially, it's expected that McCain and Palin get even more vicious. As for us, well many of us feel our country has a lot at stake, others don't really care.

You know how I said she was Cheney in a skirt? I've since re-evaluated my assessment. She's Spiro Agnew with tits.

I would've disagreed with your initial assessment. Palin comes across as pretty clueless. I won't say she's stupid because she probably isn't, but I don't think intellect is her most prominent feature. OTOH, I have no doubt at all that Cheney is intelligent. I think he's a lot of things that Palin probably isn't. IMO, he's probably been one of the most dangerous men we've had in office in a long time. Hopefully, Palin can tell the difference between a lawyer and a dove.

Not to mention, aside from the 19th Amendment......where does the Constitution mention women? They didn't intend for someone like Sarah Palin to run for VP because women were still considered chattel and nothing more.

As an addendum, I was looking on Wikipedia at the 19th Amendment, and these are the following states that DIDN'T ratify it until much, much later:

1. Virginia (February 21, 1952, after being rejected on February 12, 1920)
  2. Alabama (September 8, 1953, after being rejected on September 22, 1919)
  3. Florida (May 13, 1969)[5]
  4. South Carolina (July 1, 1969, after being rejected on January 28, 1920; not certified until August 22, 1973)
  5. Georgia (February 20, 1970, after being rejected on July 24, 1919)
  6. Louisiana (June 11, 1970, after being rejected on July 1, 1920)
  7. North Carolina (May 6, 1971)
  8. Mississippi (March 22, 1984, after being rejected on March 29, 1920)

Gee, I wonder what those states all have in common.

Sweet tea

(pronounced 'swate tay').

Edited by Lake of Shadows

My parents didn't leave the Republican Party because of YouTube videos. The type of people in those videos is what made them leave. You couldn't do a little reading between the lines? Furthermore, I don't hate the GOP because of what I see on YouTube videos. Either you're really this dumb or you're being obtuse to be funny. Which is worse, come to think of it.

And what makes you think I would condone shirts calling Sarah Palin a cunt? She's a vile, hateful, ignorant, stupid, vapid, clueless ditz......but she's not a cunt.

Like I said, people who put up shit like this:

barackhusseinobama.jpg

are why people like my parents don't want anything to do with the GOP anymore.

So are they disowning their democratic ways now. I would think Obama kids would get as offended as Palin kids when they see the two pictures of questionable taste.

Im also pretty sure if i where to call Obama vile, hateful, ignorant, stupid, vapid, clueless ditz, you will throw that racist word around like its a baseball.

So lets not point to the rednecks and we won't point to Josh Howard, Obama supporter, who claims he won't sing the Natl. Anthem because he is black.

SO if your'e parents rather call a mother of 5 kids a cunt, than call a black man a muslim, then so be it. Leaving one party of racism and joining another that condones sexism is just that. Im sure they never saw the "iron my shirts" Tshirts the obama supporters where wearing during the primary.

Tossing all their beliefs based on a few people, yet you despise the ones who was Clinton supporters, joining the McCain ticket because of Palin.

You're starting to sound like Hermit.

Where to start on all that WHARRGARBL. First of all, learn to form coherent sentences that don't look like they're missing words. It's easier to debunk your crap when it's at least all in English.

1. If you called Obama any of the things I called Sarah Palin, no I wouldn't call you a racist. None of those words are racist or have racist connotations that I know of. Lie #1.

2. I never said my parents called, will call or currently call Sarah Palin a cunt. Where on Earth did you pull that nugget of shit from? Your ass. Wait.....probably. Lie #2. Also, Barack Obama is not a Muslim. That being said, even if he was......that's not a bad thing. There's nothing that says a Muslim can't be President. However, the mouth-breathers that call him a Muslim, call him one as a slur. They see being Muslim as a bad thing (which it's not), so they don't engage their brains and think they're being clever. Lie #3.

3. My parents didn't "toss all their beliefs" because of a "few" people. They left the party because the party ideology no longer matched their own. You think there are only 2 parties that you can subscribe to? My parents became registered Independents, not Democrats. They're voting for Obama this year because they can't stand what John McCain has become. Hell, both my parents voted for McGovern in 1972! Lie #4.

4. I don't despise Clinton supporters who are now voting for McCain/Palin. I despise the women who supported Clinton and her Liberal ideals and are now voting Republican because McCain chose a VP with a vagina. Sarah Palin is anti-woman and why any woman who identifies herself as a Democrat would vote for her is beyond me. She is completely antithetical to everything a Democrat (especially a female) stands for. Lie #5.

5. Hermit was a smart guy. Sounding like him is not an insult. He could be verbose yes, but it's better to be wordy and say something than be wordy and say nothing.

Five lies......that's impressive. Wanna try for six next go-around?

Hermit was a smart guy. Sounding like him is not an insult.

I know Hermit.

Hermit is a friend of mine.

Lizzy you are no Hermit.

The fact that Hermit probably agrees with you on most political issues, does not mean that he would approve of you wanting to see people banned for disagreeing with them. I am probably the #1 advisary of Hermit of all time here. But in all the time we spent debating and flaming each other on every issue under the sun. Neither of us ever wanted to see the other banned or silenced.

Lizzy, you are not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence with Hermit. You are so far out of his league it's not even funny. And the sad thing is that you won't even be able to read this post by me, because as you have me on "IGNORE" --- something that Hermit would never do, or be proud of the way you are. It's a weak and pathetic thing to do. You are such a baby.

Now unless someone else quotes this post by me (someone who isn't on her ignore list). Poor Lizzy won't have the chance to benefit from this little reality check. :lol:

^Actually, Del, Elizabeth's posts in this thread have been reasonable and intelligent, and I really find the sexism lurking beneath what you say to her (and other women) here and in other threads disturbing. There are times when I think you're a decent person behind all of the crankiness, but lately, I just don't know...

^Actually, Del, Elizabeth's posts in this thread have been reasonable and intelligent, and I really find the sexism lurking beneath what you say to her (and other women) here and in other threads disturbing. There are times when I think you're a decent person behind all of the crankiness, but lately, I just don't know...

Allison,

Excuse me but where is there one ounce of sexism in what I said to Lizzy? And how much of a sexist can I be in terms of the political issues we have been talking about when I am the one voting for the ticket with a woman on it? I give Sarah Palin a lot more credit than just about everyone else here, but in addition to that; I am the one who had previously made a thread here congratulating both Palin AND Hillary Clinton for their acomplishments in this political year.

I really don't appreciate you playing the 'sexist card' on me just because I don't agree with Lizzy or any other woman in this forum on the issues. To me it's just like playing the race card. And you should know better than doing that Allison. Elizabeth is weak not because she is a woman. Elizabeth is weak in my opinion because she is unreasonable in her bias, and because she refuses to be accountable. But had I ever seen Elizabeth apologize to anyone for her many unfair comments or mistakes. Then maybe I would have a different opinion of her. But unfortunatly she has never apologized even once to my knowledge for anything. I know I have, and there are plenty of people who can verify that. I know Hermit has in the past. He's done so to me both privately and in public (in an open forum). I've seen Lakey apologize to people. Wannabe has apologized. Knebby, Stringbender, Scotty... lots of folks, and you too for that matter I'm sure. But never poor old Lizzy, not ever.

So from me, I will apologize to you if you think I am a sexist. Because that is just not my intention. Have I made comments in jest from time to time... sure. But usually when I'm playing that 'Archie Bunker type' persona I am famous for in fun. But I think I have also made some very supportive comments of many of the women here as well. Love 'em all is my motto. And for the most part I do. But I have never dismissed a woman here for her political views just because she is a woman. The things I say in fun are obviously that, and I think you have me wrong.

Del

PS. Now get in the kitchen and make me a chicken pot pie woman, I'm hungry!

B)

:hippy:

There are times when I think you're a decent person behind all of the crankiness, but lately, I just don't know...

Del, on this board, is a combination of Joe McCarthy and Bill O'Reilly, and it's a very very unnatractive combination. He professes to be Christian or Jewish or whatever he is, I guess all those religious teachings were well and truly lost on him, so he ends up being a big old nasty ball of hypocracy.

Just put him on ignore, life is so much more pleasant that way.

Ok, sorry if I misread you here, but I really do take issue with what you said about 10 year old girls commenting on pro football and such like (as if girls can't understand football, even at tender ages--I certainly could)--even if you meant it in jest. So, I couldn't help but think that the big praise of Hermit vs. Elizabeth was rather gendered as well.

I'm not impressed by support for Palin given how much of an embarrassment to womankind she is, and I find it a bit gross when people mention her in the same sentence as Hillary Clinton. Hardly likely we'll agree on this, but, to reasonable debate: :beer:

And oh no, I've been cooking all night already. :rolleyes:;)

Allison,

Excuse me but where is there one ounce of sexism in what I said to Lizzy? And how much of a sexist can I be in terms of the political issues we have been talking about when I am the one voting for the ticket with a woman on it? I give Sarah Palin a lot more credit than just about everyone else here, but in addition to that; I am the one who had previously made a thread here congratulating both Palin AND Hillary Clinton for their acomplishments in this political year.

I really don't appreciate you playing the 'sexist card' on me just because I don't agree with Lizzy or any other woman in this forum on the issues. To me it's just like playing the race card. And you should know better than doing that Allison. Elizabeth is weak not because she is a woman. Elizabeth is weak in my opinion because she is unreasonable in her bias, and because she refuses to be accountable. But had I ever seen Elizabeth apologize to anyone for her many unfair comments or mistakes. Then maybe I would have a different opinion of her. But unfortunatly she has never apologized even once to my knowledge for anything. I know I have, and there are plenty of people who can verify that. I know Hermit has in the past. He's done so to me both privately and in public (in an open forum). I've seen Lakey apologize to people. Wannabe has apologized. Knebby, Stringbender, Scotty... lots of folks, and you too for that matter I'm sure. But never poor old Lizzy, not ever.

So from me, I will apologize to you if you think I am a sexist. Because that is just not my intention. Have I made comments in jest from time to time... sure. But usually when I'm playing that 'Archie Bunker type' persona I am famous for in fun. But I think I have also made some very supportive comments of many of the women here as well. Love 'em all is my motto. And for the most part I do. But I have never dismissed a woman here for her political views just because she is a woman. The things I say in fun are obviously that, and I think you have me wrong.

Del

PS. Now get in the kitchen and make me a chicken pot pie woman, I'm hungry!

B)

:hippy:

Del, on this board, is a combination of Joe McCarthy and Bill O'Reilly, and it's a very very unnatractive combination. He professes to be Christian or Jewish or whatever he is, I guess all those religious teachings were well and truly lost on him, so he ends up being a big old nasty ball of hypocracy.

So you are attacking my religion now. Why, because of my views on abortion, gun ownership and homosexuality?

The true hypocrisy is that you would not allow anyone their own mind. How progressive is that?

Just put him on ignore, life is so much more pleasant that way.

Allision isn't going to do that, she's not like you or Elizabeth. Allison is an adult. She said what she had to say to me like an adult, and I took what she said to me the same way. I actually welcome her opinions and her comments. And even as she felt compelled to speak out against some of my posts, or my tone in those posts. I'm not saying that she doesn't have her own good reason to do so. I accept that I can be over the top from time to time. And I may even take her remarks as an indication that maybe I am coming off badly... and make some adjustments here and there. I often take Lakey's critisism much the same way, and we are still friends. But I certainly do care what Allison thinks about me, and that is why I apologized to her if I am coming off to her as a sexist.

You see Gainsbarre, that's how things things are supposed to work. People can have a different view and yet still be constructive. Unfortunatly you and Lizzy just don't get that. Better to place one on "ignore" or try and get someone banned, then to deal with a person straight up. And that is why you and Lizzy just don't seem to mesh with folks on both sides of issues in my opinion. But for you to try and convince people like Allison to place me or anyone else on 'ignore' is really an indication to me that you are more interested in dividing people and harboring ill feelings, than having honest dialoge.

Ok, sorry if I misread you here, but I really do take issue with what you said about 10 year old girls commenting on pro football and such like (as if girls can't understand football, even at tender ages--I certainly could)--even if you meant it in jest. So, I couldn't help but think that the big praise of Hermit vs. Elizabeth was rather gendered as well.

Thanks Allison for the response. I was sure things were still cool between us as they always have been.

The thing I said concerning 'Hermit vs Elizabeth' was not meant to be sexist at all. In fact the first part where I said, "I know Hermit -- Hermit is a friend of mine -- Elizabeth, you are no Hermit" was meant to be a little political humor. It was similar to what Senator Benson said to Dan Quale in the 1988 Vice Presidential debates. That part was a joke.

But really, my comments about Elizabeth are more to her lack of fairness than anything else. In my opinion she demands something of others that she does not do herself. Obviously she and I don't get along. But I would rather debate her on the issues like I would with Hermit, Medhb, Bilbo or any number of liberals who have been members here. But with her and I it just doesn't work that way.

But as to the 'ten year old girl comment' yeah, I can see your point, it does come off as sexist I agree. I think that guys will sometimes use language like that when putting down other guys; you know like, "don't be a sissy" or a "mamas boy." It's just really a type of jab, and not really intended to imply that "girls are not as good as boys." I think you gals probably make similar generalizations using men as the subject of ridicule too. I know my wife does, and just about every other woman I've known too. But not to say that you do yourself. So again I apology if you took my comment personally as a woman.

And for the record; when I was ten years old I loved all the other ten year old girls, and for good reason. They became 18 year olds, 25 year olds, 40 year olds... and now I'm looking forward to the 50 year olds as well. :lol: And not too mention the fact that when I was a kid I lived in a tough neiborhood. So tough in fact that even some of the girls could kick your ass.

So for me when it comes to women, I accept that they are just as capable as men. So don't take any of my jesting comments too seriously, please. I'm a Neanderthal I know. But a harmless one.

I'm not impressed by support for Palin given how much of an embarrassment to womankind she is, and I find it a bit gross when people mention her in the same sentence as Hillary Clinton. Hardly likely we'll agree on this, but, to reasonable debate: :beer:

And oh no, I've been cooking all night already. :rolleyes:;)

Fair enough

But of course I would fall for a gal like Caribou Barbie. What Neanderthal wouldn't?

:lol:

Thanks AA,

Delbert

So you are attacking my religion now. Why, because of my views on abortion, gun ownership and homosexuality?

The true hypocrisy is that you would not allow anyone their own mind. How progressive is that?

Allision isn't going to do that, she's not like you or Elizabeth. Allison is an adult. She said what she had to say to me like an adult, and I took what she said to me the same way. I actually welcome her opinions and her comments. And even as she felt compelled to speak out against some of my posts, or my tone in those posts. I'm not saying that she doesn't have her own good reason to do so. I accept that I can be over the top from time to time. And I may even take her remarks as an indication that maybe I am coming off badly... and make some adjustments here and there. I often take Lakey's critisism much the same way, and we are still friends. But I certainly do care what Allison thinks about me, and that is why I apologized to her if I am coming off to her as a sexist.

You see Gainsbarre, that's how things things are supposed to work. People can have a different view and yet still be constructive. Unfortunatly you and Lizzy just don't get that. Better to place one on "ignore" or try and get someone banned, then to deal with a person straight up. And that is why you and Lizzy just don't seem to mesh with folks on both sides of issues in my opinion. But for you to try and convince people like Allison to place me or anyone else on 'ignore' is really an indication to me that you are more interested in dividing people and harboring ill feelings, than having honest dialoge.

I'm going to reply to this thread because, for once Del, you haven't resorted to personal insults.

I don't care what you opinions are on gun control or abortion or gay rights. You're perfectly entitled to those thoughts.

But take some of your own advice please

You're chastising Liz and I for not being able to have intelligent 'adult' conversations, but the whole reason I started to ignore you was because I got fed up with your nastiness. Why can't we have a discussion where we discuss the points and not resort to pathetic insults, Del? Why is it that every post I've posted lately, you've gone out of your way to post an insulting personal reply either about me or my sexuality? I'm fed up with it, because that's all you seem to do.

If you want to discuss like 'adults' I will be more than happy to discuss with you and be civil with you and all the rest, and show you respect.

But if you want to persist with the name calling and innuendo and personal attacks and the condescencion then I'll just ingore you because its pointless getiing into a discussion with you.

But don't lecture to Liz and I about being constructive and acting like Adults when you show little respect to people around here.

And I'm not interested if you're gonna say that its just a bit of fun, because it's not. It might be fun for you...and I'm also not interested if you're going to make patronising comments about we need to be "thicker skinned", I will keep on ignoring you because I'm not interested in those accusations. That's what people who are bullies say, and it's a part of their bullying.

So if you want to have adult conversations then take your own advice and start treating people with respect and I will gladly show you respect and converse with you.

Otherwise, you know where you can go.

I'm going to reply to this thread because, for once Del, you haven't resorted to personal insults.

I don't care what you opinions are on gun control or abortion or gay rights. You're perfectly entitled to those thoughts.

But take some of your own advice please

You're chastising Liz and I for not being able to have intelligent 'adult' conversations, but the whole reason I started to ignore you was because I got fed up with your nastiness. Why can't we have a discussion where we discuss the points and not resort to pathetic insults, Del? Why is it that every post I've posted lately, you've gone out of your way to post an insulting personal reply either about me or my sexuality? I'm fed up with it, because that's all you seem to do.

If you want to discuss like 'adults' I will be more than happy to discuss with you and be civil with you and all the rest, and show you respect.

But if you want to persist with the name calling and innuendo and personal attacks and the condescencion then I'll just ingore you because its pointless getiing into a discussion with you.

But don't lecture to Liz and I about being constructive and acting like Adults when you show little respect to people around here.

And I'm not interested if you're gonna say that its just a bit of fun, because it's not. It might be fun for you...and I'm also not interested if you're going to make patronising comments about we need to be "thicker skinned", I will keep on ignoring you because I'm not interested in those accusations. That's what people who are bullies say, and it's a part of their bullying.

So if you want to have adult conversations then take your own advice and start treating people with respect and I will gladly show you respect and converse with you.

Otherwise, you know where you can go.

You see Gainsbarre, it is just this type of inability to be accountable for one's own part that I was talking the other member about, when I mentioned you and Elizabeth. I can fully acknowlege that I have made patronising comments to you, and other remarks as well. I have done these things, and I would also admit that many times I have not given you the benefit of the doubt either. But the part that really bothers me is that when you now say that you might be willing to have adult conversations -- a chance to turn the page and be more positive in our discourse. But you instead turn it into a lecture about how I am a bully, and then end the post with, "otherwise you know where you can go."

That is not by my standard, or anyone else's standard that I know of; a genuine attempt to improve the nature of the dialoge. Either you are clueless to how interpersonal communication works, or you are just hopelessy stuck inside your own 'victim status' incapable of, or unwilling to accept your part in any of the history of our negative exchanges. Nowhere in what you have just said have I seen any accountability or acknowledgement that you yourself have made condesending or generalizing comments about Americans, or more specifically we American who as they say are, "clinging to our guns and religion."

So think of me as a bully if you must. And I will still look upon you as a victim.

Maybe you should keep me on ignore as you recommended to the other member here. Maybe that way you will be happier. Especially if you don't have to face the reality of my opposing viewpoints. Maybe it's just easier to think that 'all is well' . Although I doubt it will work, because for some strange reason you seem to need justification. But how or why I figure into that is beyond me.

But the part that really bothers me is that when you now say that you might be willing to have adult conversations -- a chance to turn the page and be more positive in our discourse. But you instead turn it into a lecture about how I am a bully, and then end the post with, "otherwise you know where you can go."

That is not by my standard, or anyone else's standard that I know of; a genuine attempt to improve the nature of the dialoge. Either you are clueless to how interpersonal communication works, or you are just hopelessy stuck inside your own 'victim status' incapable of, or unwilling to accept your part in any of the history of our negative exchanges. Nowhere in what you have just said have I seen any accountability or acknowledgement that you yourself have made condesending or generalizing comments about Americans, or more specifically we American who as they say are, "clinging to our guns and religion."

So think of me as a bully if you must. And I will still look upon you as a victim.

Maybe you should keep me on ignore as you recommended to the other member here. Maybe that way you will be happier. Especially if you don't have to face the reality of my opposing viewpoints.

No it has nothing to do with opposing viewpoints.

Look at Wannabe...I rarely agree with Wannabe, our opinions differ all the time, you can argue till the cows come home with Wannabe and the conversation doesn't denigrate into mean nasty fighting. And if on the rare occasion that it does, it's easy to sort out with Wannabe.

It's not difference of opinion, it's the mud slinging that goes with it. I don't want to have to be insulted everytime I read your opinion.

But ignoring you is not some sort of infantile way of avoiding the 'maturity' of your interaction with people. In fact it's the most mature act I can think of. Because disagreeing with you and getting into the gutter just seems to produce nastier, more hateful bickering, something that I don't really want to be involved in, so I thought I'd make the proactive solution of preventing it from happening.

But I'm happy to extend the olive branch. No I'm not being magnanimous, yes I fully admit I have said rude condescending patronising things to you and other people, but I don't go out of my way to say those things, if I'm pushed to say them, then I will.

But I'm sure we can let bygones be bygones. I'm more than happy to treat you and your views with respect if you will treat me and my views with respect.