which zeppelin album for which season of the year

I will say that I think/feel that "No Quarter" is the perfect song to hear/play during the late fall/early winter. To me it sets the mood for the rest of the winter season:

"Close the doors, put out the light

You know they won't be home tonight

The snow falls hard and don't you know

The winds of Thor are blowing cold

They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through..."

For all those people who bought the studio albums on the days of release Autumn and Winter for them all apart from Houses were released in those seasons and Houses was Spring :)....just a different slant on things.

PG and Presence were released in spring, and ITTOD was released in the summer.

With all the acoustic stuff, LZIII seems very evocative of springtime, rebirth and open spaces, after all that claustrophobic blues hollering on I and II.

Spring= Houses of the Holy (The Rain Song and The Ocean just remind me of spring. Maybe all the water references and all the rain).

Summer= IV (Best album for me to blast with the windows down, and my arm out the window).

Autumn= Zeppelin III (The vibe of the album is very relaxed and moody. It reminds me of the Autumn season all together).

Winter= Physical Graffiti (The album has a very warm and hard rocking vibe. It seems to do a good job contrasting the coldness of Midwest winters here in Chicago).

I will say that I think/feel that "No Quarter" is the perfect song to hear/play during the late fall/early winter. To me it sets the mood for the rest of the winter season:

"Close the doors, put out the light

You know they won't be home tonight

The snow falls hard and don't you know

The winds of Thor are blowing cold

They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through..."

Even though I put "Houses of the Holy" as my Spring album, I 100% agree with you on this. I always thought this was the best Zeppelin song to listen to while driving through snow. The lyrics and overall atmosphere of the song work so well with the images of snow.

Autumn: (tie) I / II (Brown Bomber)

Spring: (tie) Fourth album / Presence -- only because it came out in spring of '76

Summer: Houses

Winter: None fits that mood for me

• 9 months later...

The more I think about it, the more I find that the albums tend to follow the seasons (starting with Autumn).

Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II have always struck me as great "autumn albums". While III, IV and Houses conjure up many snow-related memories for me (for whatever reason). At the same time, Houses and then Physical Graffiti also seem spring/summer friendly to me. And Presence and In Through The Out Door have always been reminiscent of summer in their "style" and moods.

Having said that, there's no "wrong" season to enjoy any of the albums.

Archived