Best instrument stores across the globe?!

Olipticle

Was just wondering where everyone buys their equipment from.

Here in Toronto there aren't that many instrument stores. the main ones i shop at are:

Steves music store

And

Long and mcquade. <---- bought both my guitars from there.

Where do you guys shop for your toys!!?!?!??!

Nowhere specific, here in the deep south (of the UK). I tend to visit stores as and when the mood takes me. If I find something I like, I buy it. I gave up shop loyalty a very long time ago.

RB

good call, I dont really do it out of loyalty its just they have the best stuff in the area. I was just wondering if there was any really good ones, More so out their is Europe. yeah i know what you mean i hate going into them, There always kids playing a shity rendition of stairway.

Was just wondering where everyone buys their equipment from.

Here in Toronto there aren't that many instrument stores. the main ones i shop at are:

Steves music store

And

Long and mcquade. <---- bought both my guitars from there.

Where do you guys shop for your toys!!?!?!??!

I go to Long and McQuade now. Had it with Steves. To much attitude on part of the staff. Not so much the Toronto store though, they were helpful.

Got tired of waiting months and months to get stuff I ordered from Steves. 2 weeks = 6 months usually.

Long and Mcquade are decent though.

Favorites stores though are Manny's in Times Square and Sam Ash across the street.

The Music Store in Cologne, if you want a big, big store, but I like Max Herferts Instruments the best.

It is an old shaggy cold hut in the outskirts of town, and Max is an ex boxchapion, a tough man with a soft heart and amazing instruments. It has the special smell of new instruments and books and beer and cigarettes in it and I could spent there hours!

Mills Music is the major store here on the eastside of Seattle. I don't know how it rates for guitars, amps and such, all I've bought there has been piano sheet music and a clarinet. They do play good music in the store, usually it's Pink Floyd when I'm in there and I had a nice chat with the young clerk about Pink, so I give them an A+ :D

Seattle Area....

Emerald City Guitars, owned by long time entrepreneur Jay Boone has a bunch of cool, vintage gear located in the Pioneer Square District. Guitar Maniacs in Tacoma....this guy, Rick King sells guitars to Jimmy Page..... that makes him cool in my book!! Rick was buying old Strats back when they were new. :D Dusty Strings is THE place to buy an "upscale" acoustic guitar.... this place requires a very thick wallet, but if you want a choice Martin or that level of professional guitar in "brand new" condition it is the place to go. Located in the Fremont district, very near the bridge.

My secret place is located in Sumner, WA and is called Affordable Guitars. Kevin Lundsten has a nice store full of used and vintage gear at affordable and extremely expensive prices. If you don't see it in his show room, just ask.... he has a "vault" full of VERY NICE vintage instruments that he keeps "tucked away" for collectors like me!! :D

Scottysaxes.jpg

I've been buying guitars and amps for a while!! :lol:

haha nice collection man, Im loving the double neck ovation and danelectro. How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

Im so jealous i do not have a spot like this where i can just go and talk music for hours lol

although i dont have a fat wallet at the moment i only have two guitars to my name:

n502553188_784495_6456.jpg

n502553188_784529_740.jpg

They were both bought in the long and Mcquades here in toronto

The '71 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst cost me $600 ....a long time ago! The '95 Amber burst was around $1200, ten or more years ago.

The Guild was $350....a long time ago. The Martin was $2500 in 2001. The Ibanez 7-string:$1000, the Jem 7 VWH was $1200, both used, but in mint condition. The EPI double neck was $1000, brand new. The Danelectro was $150, brand new, Double neck Dano was $400, brand new. The Ovation Double neck was $700, from a factory authorized refurbishing shop...the bridge on the 12 string was reinforced, but it is in brand new condition.

I buy low and watch them go up in value...I couldn't afford the '71 at today's price! :D

haha nice, its true to get a nice older guitar now cost an arm and a leg i cant believe you got the double neck ovation for that cheap im amazed.

My mim strat was about $600 3 years back and the Blackie Clapton one was around 1,600 before tax but i love every minute of it.

How do you judge what goes up in value and what doesn't?

Gibson Les Pauls, with sunburst go up faster that most solid colors, except pre-70's Goldtops. Epiphones go down in value. Martin and Guild acoustics tend to gain value. There are books about it. I'm a bit out of the loop lately and tend to just play the things and don't worry about their current value!

Huber & Briese or Motor City Guitar in Pontiac

and, of course, there's always Guitar Center.

Very true, I just never thought to buy to a guitar for its monitary vaule, i mean if you know you have agod one that will be worth something one day then yeah i mean id stil onyl buy it if i liked playing it. But if i had the money to burn i mean id collect em all lol

I live in Massachusetts so I get all my expensive equipment like amps, and guitars at Guitar Center, but I get cheaper stuff like strings, slides, rosin that sortta thing at one of two places Doug's Music World (because all that's worth buying there is cheap stuff that guitar center doesn't have) and occasionally Rick's Music World (used to own Doug's and both are local) Rick's is on/off with their selection when occasionaly they'll have name brand items like Gibson, or Fender although they always have not a large but good amp selection but their prices are through the roof, I don't think I've seen a single amp that wasn't in the thousands there.

Archived