TEC Awards

maven2blue

Passionately - good one EL.

On some level maybe it's also something he'd never have thought he'd stumble upon, esp as he puts it, at this point.

Is this the end of public sightings of Mr. Plant, now that the Raising Sand tour has wrapped up?

Certainly hope not. He just makes one's day, doent he.

Yes, in a manner of speaking, a little bit like when your parents leave you at home with the babysitter. He needs a little breather I guess.

Seems Americana has it's hooks in Robert. From how he used to sound it appears he has nearly lost his English accent.

He's an Englishman absorbing America. As long as he remains hook-free that should be alright. I would imagine he still has an accent, though it may be less thick than before.

Seems Americana has it's hooks in Robert. From how he used to sound it appears he has nearly lost his English accent.

Yeah, we got him and we're not letting him go.He's ours to keep and we're going to make him do bluegrass until he wants to do something like, ahhhh, rap,yeah rap.Robert will do rap next year with Snoop.

Ya'll will neva see the likes of Robert Plant again.So help me god, baby jesus!!! :rolleyes:

It does seem a little odd though that someone who doesn't remember being that guy anymore can recall so many details about the Fillmore in 1968.

I agree. He has what is called "selective memory" :lol: I like the second video where he has these spontaneous moments. At times like that, he'll say about anything. Much different from a planned sit down interview.

Yeah, we got him and we're not letting him go.He's ours to keep and we're going to make him do bluegrass until he wants to do something like, ahhhh, rap,yeah rap.Robert will do rap next year with Snoop.

Ya'll will neva see the likes of Robert Plant again.So help me god, baby jesus!!! :rolleyes:

You forgot to add gospel. We are going to have him do rap gospel. He can do that in Nashville.

:hysterical:

You forgot to add gospel. We are going to have him do rap gospel. He can do that in Nashville.

:hysterical:

I guarantee that Snoop would be okay with that.

I command you to make it so,Kentuckygirl.I know you got those type of connections over there. :P

I guarantee that Snoop would be okay with that.

I command you to make it so,Kentuckygirl.I know you got those type of connections over there. :P

KG Official Statement: I have no official connections, whatsoever, to Robert Plant or any other living or deceased member of Led Zeppelin, nor their family members, management staff or entourage. These PMs that ask for information on where Plant is staying, hanging out, dating etc. are both frustrating and ridiculous. I have no intention of divulging any information, especially information that I do not have (because once again I have zero connections), for the next two years.

:angry::coffee:

KG Official Statement: I have no official connections, whatsoever, to Robert Plant or any other living or deceased member of Led Zeppelin, nor their family members, management staff or entourage. These PMs that ask for information on where Plant is staying, hanging out, dating etc. are both frustrating and ridiculous. I have no intention of divulging any information, especially information that I do not have, for the next two years.

:angry::coffee:

Oh! I see how you are! Gonna have that bitchy thing going on are ya? ;)

I don't care where he's staying,hanging out,dating or any of the irrelevent crap that excites most folks.I want him to do the rap gospel thing with Snoop that you promised would happen....Well,when's it happenin' KentuckyChicky? :lol: ...Two years my butt...

Maybe it's because he is surrounded by the twang. You know if you hang around country folk long enough, you pick up on the intonations (spoken sounding like Dolly Parton with a hint of Elmer Fudd) :D

Or Steve Earle.

I agree. He has what is called "selective memory" :lol: I like the second video where he has these spontaneous moments. At times like that, he'll say about anything. Much different from a planned sit down interview.

And that's as sure as you can say going to California with an aching in my heart.

Oh! I see how you are! Gonna have that bitchy thing going on are ya? ;)

I don't care where he's staying,hanging out,dating or any of the irrelevent crap that excites most folks.I want him to do the rap gospel thing with Snoop that you promised would happen....Well,when's it happenin' KentuckyChicky? :lol: ...Two years my butt...

Well I guess I could always change my mind........

:whistling::thumbsup:

Well I guess I could always change my mind........

:whistling::thumbsup:

Like a GOOD Kentucky woman would,right? ;)

I love your state anyway!...."and daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenburg county,down by the Green River where Paradise lay" John Prine rocks :D

He's too naive to be learning gang signs. He doesn't even know what they mean. Snoop knows what they mean, but Robert does not. You can't just have Robert running around America using gang signs he doesn't even understand.

We've captured him and he'll just have to learn,dammit! :D

Like a GOOD Kentucky woman would,right? ;)

I love your state anyway!...."and daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenburg county,down by the Green River where Paradise lay" John Prine rocks :D

Kentucky is beautiful. I go back every chance I can, especially when my beloved alma mater, the Kentucky Wildcats are playing. Nashville is nice as well, same level of friendliness. I never really paid much attention to Bluegrass music until I "grew up". We strung an external FM antenna on the roof of our house to pull in "big city" rock stations so we grew up listening to Beatles, Zep, Stones, Springsteen, unlike our neighbors. My brother and I were the "cool kids" with the great music, so our house was very popular. We used to fire up the Immigrant Song with the bass all the way up just to see how quick our Dad could spring off the sofa and run down the hall to our rooms. We used a stopwatch to time him.

Look for a song called "Harlan" or "Bloody Harlan" by a band called the Shooting Gallery, and you will capture the essence of the Kentucky of my childhood.

Archived