TEC Awards

maven2blue

...and he doesn't need one,he's that good!...

He's too good, a babe in the woods. Peter Grant would know better.

The 2008 National Las Vegas Gang Conference will be held at the Riveria Hotel on December 2 & 3, 2008. The cost will remain the same at $200 per person with a 10% discount for groups 3 or more. Hotel rooms will remain at $69 per night.

http://www.knowgangs.com/

Kentucky is beautiful. I go back every chance I can, especially when my beloved alma mater, the Kentucky Wildcats are playing. Nashville is nice as well, same level of friendliness. I never really paid much attention to Bluegrass music until I "grew up". We strung an external FM antenna on the roof of our house to pull in "big city" rock stations so we grew up listening to Beatles, Zep, Stones, Springsteen, unlike our neighbors. My brother and I were the "cool kids" with the great music, so our house was very popular. We used to fire up the Immigrant Song with the bass all the way up just to see how quick our Dad could spring off the sofa and run down the hall to our rooms. We used a stopwatch to time him.

Look for a song called "Harlan" or "Bloody Harlan" by a band called the Shooting Gallery, and you will capture the essence of the Kentucky of my childhood.

I knew you were a Wildcat fan.My sister in-law is too.You should be happy I'm a Tarheel fan and not the typical Dukie fan(Christian Laettner,Thomas Hill) type stuff.(SORRY) I know that's a sore spot.

Sad days in the coal mine.You have my sympathy :(

I knew you were a Wildcat fan.My sister in-law is too.You should be happy I'm a Tarheel fan and not the typical Dukie fan(Christian Laettner,Thomas Hill) type stuff.(SORRY) I know that's a sore spot.

Sad days in the coal mine.You have my sympathy :(

That is pure evil. You can forget about us having RP do gospel rap for you now. We are over, dude.

:angry::thumbdown::computertrash:

That is pure evil. You can forget about us having RP do gospel rap for you now. We are over, dude.

:angry::thumbdown::computertrash:

I'm sorry,I'm Sorry,I'M SORRY!!!!!I didn't mean to bring out the big guns.Shoot me now.

I'm a Tarheel fan and I hate Duke more than you do. You gots to believe me KentuckySweetie! :wub:

KG Official Statement: I have no official connections, whatsoever, to Robert Plant or any other living or deceased member of Led Zeppelin, nor their family members, management staff or entourage. These PMs that ask for information on where Plant is staying, hanging out, dating etc. are both frustrating and ridiculous. I have no intention of divulging any information, especially information that I do not have (because once again I have zero connections), for the next two years.

:angry::coffee:

I hear ya, but once you come to the boards saying that you have met and spoken with him, and have been able to attend some of these awards shows, people are going to ask that kinda stuff.

I hear ya, but once you come to the boards saying that you have met and spoken with him, and have been able to attend some of these awards shows, people are going to ask that kinda stuff.

I don't mind legitimate questions about Nashville, Americana, Bluegrass, tourism info, where the cool bars and restuarants are, good hotels, etc. And I have made many nice friends on this forum that I hope to meet someday in person. The questions regarding where Robert stays (I don't know and if I did I would not disclose) and the personal messages accusing me of being an inbred hillbilly Plant apologist living in a slave-owning state have been disheartening. Thank God we have an "ignore" button.

• 3 weeks later...
I see that you put the commas in place.Good thing,because I thought you were getting a bit loopy there,eternal. ;)

;)

For me T-Bone is the last train home, the one you'd given up upon, the one you thought you'd missed forever, the last connection to all the golden inspiration that led me to this room tonight.

I guess the golden inspiration is limited to a small time frame, as the modern Robert Plant keeps saying that he does not remember who this guy was. So his memory of music logically is limited to only his recent experience. His recall of the blues would be short if you believe him when he says that he doesn't remember who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2dsny6mU4was.

It's hard to imagine that the modern Robert Plant can remember far back enough to recall the "seminal how and why" of B.B. King. It surprises me that the modern Robert Plant can remember Lightnin' Hopkins unless he has only recently discovered him, if I believe that the modern Robert Plant does not remember who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjDhuTI1mkwas. When exactly did Robert Plant first discover Lightnin' Hopkins? After he met T-Bone Burnett? Robert Plant seems to have learned a whole lot about music in a very short time.

So if the modern Robert Plant were selling used cars and I were to buy one from him, would I experience buyer's remorse? It doesn't usually take me long to figure out if someone is being straightforward or not. Although I am sure that he means well, something does not add up.

;)

I guess the golden inspiration is limited to a small time frame, as the modern Robert Plant keeps saying that he does not remember who this guy was. So his memory of music logically is limited to only his recent experience. His recall of the blues would be short if you believe him when he says that he doesn't remember who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2dsny6mU4was.

It's hard to imagine that the modern Robert Plant can remember far back enough to recall the "seminal how and why" of B.B. King. It surprises me that the modern Robert Plant can remember Lightnin' Hopkins unless he has only recently discovered him, if I believe that the modern Robert Plant does not remember who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjDhuTI1mkwas. When exactly did Robert Plant first discover Lightnin' Hopkins? After he met T-Bone Burnett? Robert Plant seems to have learned a whole lot about music in a very short time.

So if the modern Robert Plant were selling used cars and I were to buy one from him, would I experience buyer's remorse? It doesn't usually take me long to figure out if someone is being straightforward or not. Although I am sure that he means well, something does not add up.

I don't think he's meaning he doesn't remember literally but in the sense of that was a long time ago and he's not that same person. Beyond that I don't know what you're on about.

I don't think he's meaning he doesn't remember literally but in the sense of that was a long time ago and he's not that same person. Beyond that I don't know what you're on about.

There's something there that is not straightforward. It's not the same as someone who is leveling with you.

Personally I have NO clue what HE is talking about.

Despite all our lovely interpretors of what HE say's.

(not you EL)

I still do not know what he meant when he said "I was NEVER That guy." :blink:

Of course you were Robert, at that time you were. If not you'd be one dynomite actor!

Then there's the "six or seven Robert's." :unsure:

Yes, I understand he was different on most of his solo work.

It just gives me the feeling he needs time to figure out WHO he is at this moment.

Archived