Old Names, New Names

Evermore

I saw the email the day after it arrived. A new Led Zeppelin site. I was never a big participant in the old site, but I was determined to change all that with a fresh start.

So I tried to register with my previous name ConfoundedBridge. Alas, it was not available. The next name that came into my head was Evermore.

I really liked my old name, but I like Evermore as well. I think, though that I probably took Evermore from someone.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I think that sucks. I've noticed some people who have changed their names to names that were taken on the old site.

I love my name and think it would be so lame if someone had taken it but I think I'm lucky to be the only one who feels that way about it :D

You new name is cool :thumbsup:

Woulda been great if they'd been able to import everything (users, threads, etc.) over here and just used a redirect page.

I think there's an option, somewhere, to change your display name.

I can't find it. But there's a few things in profiles that hint towards it.

I'm pretty sure the only way to change your username is to ask Sam. The two or three people I know who've changed their names talked about how Sam had changed it for them. I could be wrong in assuming that's the only way, but I don't think I am.

Archived