will they play a secret warm up gig ?

thx chaps.

no way, jools h ?

jools holland show would be too bbc-ish for them ?

Too BBC-ish........... The BBC is the worlds greatest broadcaster.............It's ad break free...it has to be.

If it's secret, how could we have heard about it?

That's the point I was making.

Because, if they've already played a few gigs, as you claim, that means there are a number of people out there who went. And it would have been reported on. As it is, Zeppelin are simply rehearsing behind closed doors.

Well they have been and will be for the most part of this week rehearsing at Elstree studios in London. A friend of mine works there and he's been listening in whenever he can. Carouselambra has definately been played a lot and i'm guessing that they will have a warm up show there. Security is ridiculous as i've asked if he can get me into the complex on a day pass or something and it's a huge no go.

Well they have been and will be for the most part of this week rehearsing at Elstree studios in London. A friend of mine works there and he's been listening in whenever he can. Carouselambra has definately been played a lot and i'm guessing that they will have a warm up show there. Security is ridiculous as i've asked if he can get me into the complex on a day pass or something and it's a huge no go.

ask your friend what others songs are they playin

I really don't wanna give away anymore spoilers than the press have already released. That's why I mentioned Carouselambra cos it had already leaked. I'd love everyone to turn up completely unaware as to what was being played as I will myself. I just wanna be surprised and blown away.

I will of course post a set list as will many others as soon as it is over.

All I can tell you is that all of the media stuff you have heard about Jimmy being "rusty" and the whole lowering of keys for Robert is absolute rubbish. From the reports from my friend they are totally on fire and sounding closest to their 1975 sound. Bear in mind that the '77 and '80 tour saw Jimmy in bad health (drug wise). Everyone seems to be on the ball and very sharp. That's not supposed to sound derorogatory towards Jimmy or Zep fans but seriously he always lead the band, and his mind wasn't on the job.

To me Zeppelin was more about the overall chemistry and not about it being note and pitch perfect. If they went out of synch with each other it was only for a few bars and then they'd all pick up the thread again. The only reason that happenned was because they were always trying something new, not on a tour by tour basis but on a night by night basis which is what made them so exciting.

By all accounts Jason has been amazing and he's really driving the rehearsals.

There's another song they've been rehearsing that I know they always wanted to do, especially Robert. I'm not gonna put it here but It'll be amazing if they do it. I'll give you a clue it's from their 6th album.

As a summing up, they have been rehearsing a lot of stuff, whatever happens on the night will probably be tightenned up over the next few days.

As a matter of courtesy to the band and a matter of courtesy to the thousands of people going i'm not gonna give any more spoilers away.

Seasons greetings.

Could the new track be In my time of dying? Did they ever do this?

If they were to play this at the gig and I missed it, I'ld be so distraught.

My all time favourite zep track I reckon...

Um... maybe you should watch that whatchamacalit... 'Led Zeppelin DVD'. It's probably on there.

I really don't wanna give away anymore spoilers than the press have already released. That's why I mentioned Carouselambra cos it had already leaked. I'd love everyone to turn up completely unaware as to what was being played as I will myself. I just wanna be surprised and blown away.

I will of course post a set list as will many others as soon as it is over.

*snipped for brevity*

As a matter of courtesy to the band and a matter of courtesy to the thousands of people going i'm not gonna give any more spoilers away.

Seasons greetings.

Thanks so much for posting...and tactfully refraining from 'spilling the beans!' I agree completely that it will be super to be surprised. That is a huge part of the fun.

:thanku:

I also thank you for posting the set list afterward. Never can remember to write it down from Plant/SS gigs and the whole night just turns into a big blur!

Greetings of the Season to You!

:hippy:

Archived