most over looked zeppelin song  

222 members have voted

1. 1. most over looked zeppelin song

• night flight
    • south bound saurez
    • hot dog
    • for your life
    • hots on for nowhere

Ah well, may be I'll just throw the substantial point in here (once again :D ). If you say "overlooked" it means overlooked in some context, doesn't it? Led Zeppelin is hardly an overlooked band in terms of rock history - on the contrary, their stature is gigantic, and they are generally recognized as one of the most important bands in all of popular music. That, from the look of things, is hardly going to change in the foreseeable future. There was a time, in the early 1980's, when the band's achievement was arguably overlooked in many ways; but that was clearly a temporary situation that arose in the wake of punk, new wave and all that.

If on the other hand you mean that some songs of theirs haven't been given their due, then you have to ask, In what terms? Playing-wise? Arrangement? Ingenious songwriting? Should have been a hit? Or you just happen to relate to it a lot in an entirely subjective sense? (I mentioned Poor Tom simply because I love the song). It's just not clear what the question means.

Similar thing with the words "overrated" and "underrated". They get used a lot in the abstract, which doesn't make any sense, because they are relational terms, and criteria will be needed to make them meaningful questions about some aspect or other of the band, etc. Add the criteria, and we can have a good discussion. B)

• 2 months later...

Overlooked by who ? ?

If you mean radi stations.... well, the bizness of radio today does not allow a DJ the right or the authority to play a cut, from even Led Zeppelin, if that cut is not already on a list of 'acceptable Zeppelin songs that you can play.'

So, that is why I'm so down on the profession of radio and the peole that choose to work in that enviroment, when it comes to music played over the air. Whether the DJ is famous, infoamous, or just completely unknown.... if they're playing the same old shit, then they're of no use to me, whatsoever.

I love a nice slow blues, so I think that "Tea For One" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" deserve more attention than they seem to get.

I don't really know how the majority of the fan community stands on "How Many More Times," but that one's always been a favorite. What a perfect way to conclude the first album.

Your Time Is Gonna Come could be included in that list. Of the ones you've posted I'll go with For Your Life

I'm with you on both counts Ally :)

YTIGC has always been a big favourite of mine, along with the similar What Is and What Should Never Be.

I'm with you on both counts Ally :)

YTIGC has always been a big favourite of mine, along with the similar What Is and What Should Never Be.

I alway's felt WIAWSNB was dropped from the live set list a little too soon. It would have been a nice fit during the 73 tour.

Roxie, From what I've seen of the 02 show, For Your Life along with Kashmir, was the song of the night. For My Life, I can't understand why it was never included before :D

Mine too - brings back some nice memories of driving around on a summer's day with the music cranked up :)

It sure does, OK... ( guilty pleasure ) still does :lol:

Archived