Remastered Southampton CMI version

chef free

I just got the "remastered" Southampton CMI version. This is not the Winston remaster which uses Presence's source, the source here is the Empress Valley "Live At Southampton - Working Tapes" release. All three gaps have been fixed as well as many crackles and digital pops removed. CMI claims no EQ just "modern standard dynamic compression" applied. (whatever that means!)

To my ears there's more high end (and resultant hiss), more bass esp the real low end and the volume is higher, all these things are good. But, when Plant sings, everything else seems to become a bit quieter, which would be great if Percy was in fine form...

Has anyone else heard this and if so what do you think, improvement or waste of time?

I beleive I have this version, and if it is the same one the sound quality of this is second only to 2/12/75 Madison Square Garden. Great performance too the only flaws I noticed was that there were a few balancing issues throught such as the begining of Rock and Roll, Dancing Days, and Heartbreaker. The version of Thank You in this makes the whole album because Jonesy used his mellotron rather than the hammond organ which just...get the album you will understand. And DONT post the video on youtube of it here because it will get removed.

I beleive I have this version, and if it is the same one the sound quality of this is second only to 2/12/75 Madison Square Garden. Great performance too the only flaws I noticed was that there were a few balancing issues throught such as the begining of Rock and Roll, Dancing Days, and Heartbreaker. The version of Thank You in this makes the whole album because Jonesy used his mellotron rather than the hammond organ which just...get the album you will understand. And DONT post the video on youtube of it here because it will get removed.

The version released on the Godfather Records label ("Any Port In A Storm) is the best I've heard so far. Much, much better than the Presence production or Empress valley's release. It has a few cuts (Bonzo testing his kit before Rock & Roll has been removed), but otherwise it's really good.

I have the Nasty Music version, which also has the rehearsals and that AMAZING (performance-wise) soundboard clip of Bradford on the 18th.

I'm quite satisfied with this version and don't feel the need to seek out any others. Very nice sound/cleanup.

I have the Nasty Music version, which also has the rehearsals and that AMAZING (performance-wise) soundboard clip of Bradford on the 18th.

I'm quite satisfied with this version and don't feel the need to seek out any others. Very nice sound/cleanup.

i vote for "are you ready ?" on beelzebub label :D

Archived