Speculations on Plant's next project?

bonzo1026

We know now what he's not going to do and everyone has expressed their feelings on that. Whatever he IS going to do won't be for another 2 years, though I don't think it will be that long.

We've all more or less followed Robert through his various musical journeys over the years.

My question is what direction do you all think he will/should go in next? He's done almost everything as far as musical styles so I'm curious to know what peoples thoughts are. Please don't suggest Zeppelin. We already know that's not happening and there have been enough scraps over it already. Let's move forward.

I'll start: I've always thought it would be cool for him to a "duets" type deal but not like the cheesy ones out there. I'd really like to hear him sing with Ann Wilson. Elton, Rod, Clapton, Ian Hunter, Bowie, Little Richard, Alice Cooper. He sounded really good with Queen. I think a record doing either covers or originals with some of his peers would be cool AND something he hasn't done yet.

I think this could be fun for him and the fans. No tour necessary. Cool, but not necessary.

Thoughts?

I really liked the SS material/ band, too.

Wish he'd do more of that. MA was one of his best solo efforts.

R B)

I agree. MA and Fate Of Nations are my two favorites. Well maybe he'll just retire. He really has done everything. I don't see too many more challenges for him musically.

He absolutely won't retire in a long time yet. You do know he's doing another album with Alison don't you?

I'd think not but I heard that as well. He may have joking but I thought I read somewhere that he was with friends and saying he was getting on and may just retire. I'd heard he was doing another album with AK but wouldn't it have to be different? The ongoing theme here has that he doesn't like to really repeat himself.

Personally, I could care less! I will never buy another one of his albums/tix after he has used Zeppelin to promote his solo work and than screwed all the fans. If he takes 2 yrs off at his age, his voice will be garbage anyway, thats how I feel and none of the verbal attacks will change that. Nuff said

Personally, I could care less! I will never buy another one of his albums/tix after he has used Zeppelin to promote his solo work and than screwed all the fans. If he takes 2 yrs off at his age, his voice will be garbage anyway, thats how I feel and none of the verbal attacks will change that. Nuff said

Just explain to me how he has used Zeppelin to promote his solo work?

Or screwed any fans?

But go easy on that second part. :)

BTW he NEVER said he was taking two years off.

I'm as disappointed as anyone here but that's a maybe little extreme. I don't think HE screwed the fans. I think maybe we all expected something to come out of the O2 when evidently there was no intention of it going any further. I totally see what youre saying about the timing, etc, but we just need to get over it.

Or screwed any fans?

Knebby, don't respond to this kind of nonsense. It just gives credibility to vile hateful opinions that are not based on fact.

Knebby, don't respond to this kind of nonsense. It just gives credibility to vile hateful opinions that are not based on fact.

I get what you're saying to a point Zooma - but my view of it is that when actually asked to substantiate these kind of claims, people have nowhere to go and discredit themselves.

Hope you're having a good Friday! :beer:

Or screwed any fans?

BTW he NEVER said he was taking two years off.

I guess you're right technicaly. I;ve been under the same impression but I misread his statement. He says he won't be touring with anyone for the next 2 years. My bad.

I get what you're saying to a point Zooma - but my view of it is that when actually asked to substantiate these kind of claims, people have nowhere to go and discredit themselves.

Hope you're having a good Friday! :beer:

I get your point too Knebby, but some of this stuff is so outlandish and foolish that is should be ignored whenever possible. Maybe then some of the nonsense will go away. :)

I get your point too Knebby, but some of this stuff is so outlandish and foolish that is should be ignored whenever possible. Maybe then some of the nonsense will go away. :)

I had hoped that this wouldn't start on this post either. I truly wanted to know what people thought this next direction might be or what they might think would a cool thing for him to do next. Best laid plans............... :rolleyes:

I think Robert should coach Myles Kennedy when he re-records all the songs on Mothership (plus a few new ones) with Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason, and then he should be a pal and drive the Led Zeppelin tour bus (but he should let John Paul do the parking). :D

LOL.

Actually, I think he is still not done with Alison and have also heard that they're working on a second album.

And I got the impression it would not be a repeated effort. They would probably not do a cover album again but come with something new, something written by themselves and differently produced. I find their vocal collaboration super beautiful and now am anxious to see if they can bring it to a new level.

LOL.

Actually, I think he is still not done with Alison and have also heard that they're working on a second album.

And I got the impression it would not be a repeated effort. They would probably not do a cover album again but come with something new, something written by themselves and differently produced. I find their vocal collaboration super beautiful and now am anxious to see if they can bring it to a new level.

I do have to agree here on their chemistry. I saw the show in Atlantic City from the front row and AK has an amazing voice. Plant needs to school her on stage presence though.

Archived