Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?

Rocked01

Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Are they in your top 5, the best ever, or are you here to trash them for no reason?

• Yeah they're the best!
    • They're in my top 5.
    • They're okay.
    • No I'm just here to trash them.
    • Zeppa Who?

Of course! I think as bands go they're unrivaled!

JPJ - master of the strings, keyboards and everything else!

Jimmy - guitar God and one of the best damn producers there are.

Robert - the best voice in rock (and now bluegrass as well it seems!)

Bonzo - the best drummer ever, nuff said.

Jason - amazing performance at the O2.

I think why they're so good is their versatility, theyve played every genre under the sun and carried it off. Whatever Im currently listening to musically theres gonna be a Zep or solo song which fits with it.

Zep is definitely my favourite band, although I love the Beatles also, and Elvis will always be the King. It's interesting to read others opinions on this site. Some Choose P.Floyd over Zep, that's fine and thats your opinion, but I don't smoke weed and to me Zep made every type of music, whether it be up down or in the middle and P.Floyd just made one type of music. Just a loooonnng Drone. Very good, very talented, just didn't go anywhere. Just a quick question, Do you have to smoke pot to enjoy Floyd? Zeppelin "is" my drug of choice!

i have been a zeppelin fan for 4 years now and they have swept me away.. the first time i heard them and especially kashmir i felt like i was in outer space.. the feeling i get when i hear them gives me chills down my spine.. doesnt matter wat song wat section its all great.. im a younger zep fanatic.. and they will never sour on me.. i can promise that.. ive loved different bands thru my life.. but i can tell zeppelin will stay with me forever and ever.. i listen to the songs every damn day and still cant get enough.. today and currently its wearing and tearing.. absolutely love it.. then ill listen to in my time of dying .. or put on the zeppelin DVD.. they will ALWAYS be my favorite band and should be everybodys.. but i cant make u love them as much as me.. but to me and many many others.. they are and were the greatest band EVER assembled and NOONE COMES CLOSE!!!!! LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY ZEPPELIN!!!!

P.S. IF ANY ONE IS HERE ONLY TO TRASH THEM WHICH I DOUBT BUT IF THERE IS PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.. dont trash the greatest band ever.. they deserve that respect

• 2 weeks later...
But let me say something, folks. Even those who'd list them lower, like in top 10 or even 20 have every right to be here and post. Haters are annoying and I'd rather not welcome them... But those who care enough about LZ so as to have them somewhere on the periphery of interest still do care. The Forum is more likely to benefit from some variety than from complete conformity. :P

That should be everyone´s attitude, no matter the place you rank LZ,this forum is for those who liked and all of them have the righ to post.

Now passing to the important part, yes Led Zeppelin is my favorite band,its like the sound track of my life, I still remeber when I listen them for the first time, Black Dog,since then I just couldn´t stop and each time I liked more and more, Its a shame than I cant see them in concert :( , and how things are going I doubt I could......

I voted for "They're OK", but mostly because they aren't in my top 5 list. They are more than OK, it's just that I have so many favorite bands so I would have to put them all in a top 50 or 100 favorite list. I'm on this board because of two things. There are great discussions about other bands and artists that I like here and of course, because I like Led Zeppelin.

I voted for "They're OK", but mostly because they aren't in my top 5 list. They are more than OK, it's just that I have so many favorite bands so I would have to put them all in a top 50 or 100 favorite list. I'm on this board because of two things. There are great discussions about other bands and artists that I like here and of course, because I like Led Zeppelin.

LZ is my favorite band but I can't talk about them 24/7, I would get burnt out. I agree with you Sweede.....I am on here because I like to talk music, learn about other bands, to bullshit and have fun with some really great people!

I've always been the biggest Beatles fan but I listen LZ more and more and I can listen them 24/7 so I'm not sure who is my band No.1. :slapface: LZ are in my top 5 (second place) however I think I'll change order very soon (should I do it :o ?)

yes they are my favorite band...but...with out Plant...you aint got shit.

lol you guys are going to put in a man who thinks he has a sound of a garden. or... will you guy's give us the man who knew the way?(Chris kicks ass by the way..."Show me how to live" or "like a stone")

Listen...If MGMT can do it...then robert and the boys can...

no need to be cocky guys...but i do have a sugestion...maybe...yes maybe...go all out right before this 10 year economic crunch ends...naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...im full of shit

another suggestion...Have MGMT as an opening act(words wont even be able to describe)

at least we the "blind" fans deserve an honest answer on why Robert will not sing...Maybe I don't deserve the answer but others do.

(The truth is...we dont care how you sound...we need your presence)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not only are they the BEST band ever..... I think I can safely say they are the soundtrack of my life. Have you ever wondered if your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be? Mine would mostly be Zeppelin.

Zoso

If someone would have asked me this question 3 years ago, I would have said The Beatles were my favorite band. But ever since I watched TSRTS for the first time about 2 years ago, I've definitely changed my mind. Zeppelin is the best band because they were awesome in the studio AND when they played live. I think The Beatles were only good in the studio (because when they played live shows all you could hear were screaming girls :lol: ). I'm still a huge Beatles fan, but they've moved to my second spot. I didn't think that was possible!

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Beatles

3. Pink Floyd

• 2 years later...

Archived