Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Rocked01

Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?

Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Are they in your top 5, the best ever, or are you here to trash them for no reason?

• Yeah they're the best!
    • They're in my top 5.
    • They're okay.
    • No I'm just here to trash them.
    • Zeppa Who?

Zeppelin used to be far and away my favourite band, but over the last few years, I've had a bit of a seven year itch thing going on with them, and find myself not listening to them as much. Very strange.

I have a musical Holy Trinity with Buddy Holly at the top flanked by Dylan and Hendrix.

As far as bands go, Led Zeppelin is THE band. But I have a long list of musical obsessions. Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Schenker, Tommy Bolin, Neil Young, Rush, Nirvana, Grateful Dead/JGB, Iron Maiden, Free/Kossoff/Rodgers, Springsteen, KISS, Muddy Waters, Stones, Purps, Sabs/Ozzy/Dio, Zappa, BOC, Floyd, Misfits/Danzig, MC5, Beatles, Bon Scott, Iggy Pop/Stooges, Elvis, Little Feat, Queen, Who, ZZ Top, Doors, Janis, EC w/ Yardbirds/Cream/Dominoes/Bluesbreakers/Blind Faith, VH, Mountain, Bowie, SRV, X, Steely Dan, STP, Dead Boys/Stiv Bators, Willie, Waylon and the boys, etc., etc....

Don't get me started. I'm just thankful for iTunes, playlists, and ipods. I used to trade cassettes through the mail to get shows. Now every song is at my fingertips.

I've a fairly wide list of stuff I'm into from punk, goth, '60s garage, through rockabilly, Elvis, the Big O, glam rock, the Doors some more modern stuff too, I could easily just go on and on.

Are Led Zeppelin my favourite band? I voted yes, as a group of musicians who just worked together and sounded fantastic I can't think of what gets even close to them really. That is after years of being aware of Led Zep and almost actively avoiding them because it was stuff older kids were into and we wanted to be different! In the end though I answered the Master's call. I'm finding I'm spending a huge amount of time now listening to Led Zeppelin and enjoying every second of it.

I don't really have a fav band anymore, but I can say that year after year certain bands seem to show up on my ipod/usb sticks playlist over others, and Zeppelin always seems to show up from time to time.

A Top 5 is hard, but here it goes,

1) Led Zep

2) Metallica

3) Deep Purple

4) Alice Cooper

5) Black Sabbath

Great top five there Rover75.

I've been a die hard Zeppelin fan for over thirty years. My top five are

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Who

4. Cream and Rush

5. The Allman Brothers Band

Not my favorite rock band of all time but definitely in my Top 5:

1) The Who
2)  Pink Floyd
3) Queen
4) Led Zeppelin
5) The Doobie Brothers

Edited by Disco Duck

I had to put Zepp in my top 5 because I couldn't be more specific in the poll. For me they are definitely #2. You can probably make a good guess as to who's my number one band (still!). .......Newspaper taxis appear on the shore.....

They got me into rock music in general, i listened to some of the classics already within rock, but fell in love with led zeppelin music, which did make me appreciate a lot of other bands more. But they are so far ahead of any other band that no one comes close for me! 

Well LZ is first in my top 5 Rock/Hard rock/blues bands

1 - Led Zeppelin

2 - Deep Purple

3 - The Rolling Stones

4 - Aerosmith

5 - The Black keys