I am totally devastated

I thought I was coming to this concert but now it is looking like it won't happen. My friend Warren and I were scheduled to travel from Vancouver to London for the concert. He is the ballot winner and I am his guest. We made the changes to our trip when Mr. Page broke his finger but fortunately were still able to come. Several weeks ago, Warren was in an ATV accident and broke his leg. We thought he would still be able to attend but unfortunately, as we are getting closer to the actual date, his doctor has advised against flying 9 hours from Vancouver. I am devastated by this and am hoping someone will consider allowing me to still come given the circumstances. I have left messages and sent a letter to Mr. Harvey Goldsmith's office but have not had any response. We are getting so close to the due date but I just don't know where I stand? I have paid for both Warren's and my ticket as well as our airfare (non refundable) & hotel. I have advised that I can provide a letter from the doctor, original credit card, Warren's photo ID, etc. but just need to get through to someone. At this point, Warren is actually contemplating flying with me just to claim the tickets and then immeiately returning home just to get me in. He knows what this means to me but I am not prepared to let him do that. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am running out of time.

I thought I was coming to this concert but now it is looking like it won't happen. My friend Warren and I were scheduled to travel from Vancouver to London for the concert. He is the ballot winner and I am his guest. We made the changes to our trip when Mr. Page broke his finger but fortunately were still able to come. Several weeks ago, Warren was in an ATV accident and broke his leg. We thought he would still be able to attend but unfortunately, as we are getting closer to the actual date, his doctor has advised against flying 9 hours from Vancouver. I am devastated by this and am hoping someone will consider allowing me to still come given the circumstances. I have left messages and sent a letter to Mr. Harvey Goldsmith's office but have not had any response. We are getting so close to the due date but I just don't know where I stand? I have paid for both Warren's and my ticket as well as our airfare (non refundable) & hotel. I have advised that I can provide a letter from the doctor, original credit card, Warren's photo ID, etc. but just need to get through to someone. At this point, Warren is actually contemplating flying with me just to claim the tickets and then immeiately returning home just to get me in. He knows what this means to me but I am not prepared to let him do that. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am running out of time.

Pop him in a wheelchair and enjoy the gig, if he's considering coming over just to get the tickets it dont make sense to go home immediately after without seeing the gig?????????

Good luck though

Pop him in a wheelchair and enjoy the gig, if he's considering coming over just to get the tickets it dont make sense to go home immediately after without seeing the gig?????????

Good luck though

His legs could develop blood clots and do serious damage. You have to get up and walk around in the plane, and then getting on in London w/wheelchair is going to be a nightmare. Hmmm, risk blood clot to the heart? Or come up with another solution.

Be smart. Think of your friend.

Rolls>>> :wacko:

make the trip, and personally go down to Harvey Goldsmiths office to sort it out. You may have to forfeit your friends ticket though.

Don't rely on a return phone call!

Your friend should not fly

If you try and get an aisle seat and make sure your friend is taking care of his leg I don't see how there would be a huge problem. Best of luck though - I'm sure that you can get to the show if you want to regardless. Have a great time there.

You're still a lucky bastard. :P

Telephone Harvey Goldsmith's office ASAP and explain your situation. Point them to your post here if necessary. Who knows, if they're sympathetic (and if they have a heart they should be) they may be able to e-mail you some kind of authorisation to attend which you can show to the barrier staff, though you may need to bring your friend's ID to England with you to prove he bought the tickets.

It might also be a good idea for a friend to get a second opinion from a doctor about flying. As I understand it the doctor only 'advised' him not to fly, he didn't say absolutely no flying. Ask for advice on precautions to take, any care measures etc while flying that could prevent blood clots. Let the airline know as well. There may be a doctor on board who could keep an eye on your friend.

Good luck!

Why would your friend be able to fly all the way here but then not go to the concert? The flying is the dificult bit after all. I'm not sure he'd even be allowed on the plane.

I'm suspicious of all these hard luck stories.

The point is Sibly that he knows how much this means to me and was willing to come here just to get me in the door. I have ALL of the necessary ID. I can bring Waren's drivers license, etc. There is no way that I am going to allow him to do that. As others have stated, the risk of blood clots, etc. from flying 9 hours is too great. He is in bad shape and is looking at months of recovery. And you're correct, I am sure British Airways would say no way to letting him on the plane. This "hard luck" story is very real and I am going to keep trying to do whatever I can to make this happen.

Thanks Baroness, Leddy and others for the words of encouragement. I have called Harvey's office a couple of time and will try again on Monday. I am contemplating coming anyways as my non-refundable airline ticket is already paid for. It is better when you're face to face explaining the situation.

With the airline ticket and the doctors statement about your friend, I don't see any reason why they shouldnt let you in. I wish you luck and have fun! You going Gatwick or Heathrow? Your friend is a real friend willing to go through all that. Man, have fun and bring your mate some shirts and stuff. Do your exchnges in the airport//

Cheers,

Rolls>> :wacko:

With the airline ticket and the doctors statement about your friend, I don't see any reason why they shouldnt let you in. I wish you luck and have fun! You going Gatwick or Heathrow? Your friend is a real friend willing to go through all that. Man, have fun and bring your mate some shirts and stuff. Do your exchnges in the airport//

Cheers,

Rolls>> :wacko:

Thanks Rolls. I leave friday night and am due to arrive at Hearthrow on Saturday. I'll keep trying to get some confirmation before I leave. Oh there will be lots of stuff if I can make this happen.

Cheers.

Thanks Rolls. I leave friday night and am due to arrive at Hearthrow on Saturday. I'll keep trying to get some confirmation before I leave. Oh there will be lots of stuff if I can make this happen.

Cheers.

Maybe you could bring your friend's credit card and IDs to prove your good faith at the door. I'm sure you won't be alone with a hard-luck story, especially after the postponment. I say you're very unlikely to be turned away at the door. It's not like they can re-draw the tickets, or allow seats to go empty just because Goldsmith and co. want their rules coldly applied.

Oh first of all I hope he recovers, that is the most important thing to take into consideration, his health. You should still come, and make sure you write him out a full report on everything that happened, maybe autographs for him if your lucky, it is not the same, but you can bring him something as well, it is sad for him.

I still say a boat is the best solution, AFAIK that won't be any problems with his health. You'll miss your plane and stuff and ofcourse it will cost craploads of money... But i'd say its worth it.

Unfortunately, a boat is not an option. I live in Vancouver. Right on the Pacfic Ocean. We would still have to fly to the east coast to take a cruise and I'm sure it's too late for that. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Ticketmaster london is very accomodating, having spoken to them re: the reschedule date. . I would have him call and get a fax number where he can send the doctors note and such and explain the situation. heck delta airlines changed all my flights after the reschedule with no penalty once i explained the situation....you never know.... depending on doctors advice, im sure if he can get up and move every hour or so even if its gimping in the airplane aisles he should be able to make the trip..sure the drs are worried about blood clots, but if he can ambulate he would be ok.

zep is special to a lot of people! dont give up hope...i can tell you people WILL go out of their way to help!

I hope you can go. But, if I was your friend I suck it up. I'd also tell the doctor that it was LED ZEPPELIN, of all bamds that would be the one that I'd fly nine hours with a cast against doctor's orders for.

Archived