Has any Led Zeppelin Member Inspired you Musically?

Rocked01

97 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been inspired by Led Zeppelin?

• I've been inspired by Jimmy Page.
    • I've been inspired by John Paul Jones.
    • I've been inspired by Robert Plant.
    • I've been inspired by John Bonham.
    • No, I haven't been musically inspired by any Led Zeppelin members.

I voted NO because I've been inspired by led zeppelin not by one single artist.

I consider very important:

the way they played live

the use of light / shades (piano / forte, loud / smooth)

the improvisation

the way they "feel" together on stage

the freedom of write any kind of music (blues, reggae, pop, rock, hard etc.)

the non_political approach to the music

the "enjoy this happening and have fun" style (at gigs)

... and many many more ....

Led Zeppelin is much more a life style than a band ...

• 1 month later...
I love the sound of that--and I was really surprised to see he plays it holding it vertically. :o Not what we're used to with the guitar, I guess--but I can imagine he and Jimmy could come up with a really creative collaboration! Thanks for the link. :)

Sorry, just saw this thread :slapface: An Iranian Kamache is also played that way and you actually have to twist it as you are bowing :o But it's such a beautiful instrument.

Glicine - I think that's so awesome you play the Pipa! I've heard it before. Very beautiful sound.

Sorry, just saw this thread :slapface: An Iranian Kamache is also played that way and you actually have to twist it as you are bowing :o But it's such a beautiful instrument.

Glicine - I think that's so awesome you play the Pipa! I've heard it before. Very beautiful sound.

Thanks. :) I play several traditional instruments, but not really very good at any of them. :ph34r:

Now I've thought about it, I've never learned to play guitar. :o

What else do you play? I play guitar too but I'm not that great.

My father taught me to play Erhu and Dizi, he plays much better.

erhu_1_big.jpg

dizi.gif

But he is more keen on teaching me play table tennis. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got a guitar when I was 8, one of those kid-sized "First Act" things.

Guess how that turned out... <_<

Then I discovered Zeppelin...

I bought an electric about a year ago

(And actually play it) :)

All because of Jimmy....

Also learned "No Quarter" intro on keyboard

And Dazed & Confused on French Horn

^_^

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

All of em really but I guess since I try to make riff lover rock like so-Soundcloud.com/mofostone page is who I'd wanna see alone in concert the most cuz to me it starts with the riff like "Heartbreaker or whole lotta love etc"

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm 17, i've only known Led Zeppelin for a couple of months, and Jimmy's Epic, Bron-yr-aur, have inspired me to go on a diet to get thinner fingers and learn the guitar, so that i can play this masterpiece someday :)

• 1 year later...

As the only person anywhere around where I live who owns a Dragon Suit (hand painted) and a Double Neck (though an Epiphone one that needs new pickups), among other guitars (Page custom Danelectro, a 50th anniversarry Epi Les Paul w/ Burstbuckers & gold Grover tuners), I feel that I have been influenced by Jimmy in both my playing and writing style. My next goal is a real Gibson Les Paul Standard (in cherry sunburst, of course) so that I can shave the neck down on the Epiphone one...

I saw probably the greatest Led Zep tribute band ever (Whole Lotta Led) a couple of weeks ago and was amazed. Even though the guitarist was getting on well over 60 he still seemed to play those songs so fluidly I thought it was Jimmy himself! When I got home afterwards I went straight to bed as I was too tired, first thing I did next morning was learn the solo to Whole Lotta Love!

• 1 month later...

All 4 members have inspired me, but playing all of Jones' instruments would take a life time itself to learn so I just stick with the guitar which I've played since I was 12 when first heard the magic of rock n roll haha but it wasn't until about 3 years after I started really getting into Zeppelin and learned Whole Lotta Love along with many other Zep tunes including my favorite song to play Thank You (BCC solo) and now learning SIBLY (TSRTS) which will take months to play half as well as Page, I have yet to learn Stairway.. lol

Great topic. My father played guitar and idolized Jimmy Page. When I was old enough, my Dad bought me a Gibson beginner and taught me to read

guitar sheet music. Learning how to read guitar sheet music is a form of torture for a fourteen year old. I thank my Dad for this now. Jimmy inspired me as a youngster and still does. He is a genius, IMHO.

Archived