2008 WORLD SERIES

THE FIRST LEDZEP

The year we Torontonians stole a slice from the American Pie .

Back to back 92 / 93 . Great times and memories.

I still have my programs and ticket stubbs.

1 million delerious fans take to the streets and party till sunrise .

Never seen anyting like it since.

I'll take Phillies in 5.

Self-quote ---lol

Phillies in 5

Nice!

1 million fans eh??

There's gonna be million(s) in Philly on Friday!!!!

YEEEAAHHHH BABY!!! B)

Yeah, i'm not working Friday!!! One thing about Philadelphia fans (sports or music) they are THE BEST at showing their love and loyalty!!! Great job, Phillies! I still remember 28 years ago when they last won. I was a young teen. A Halloween Parade and thank god i don't have to be in Center City! I'm staying in Bucks County, lol.

Yeah, i'm not working Friday!!! One thing about Philadelphia fans (sports or music) they are THE BEST at showing their love and loyalty!!! Great job, Phillies! I still remember 28 years ago when they last won. I was a young teen. A Halloween Parade and thank god i don't have to be in Center City! I'm staying in Bucks County, lol.

You're not going?

You're not going?

I work in that vicinity, not sure i want to be anywhere near it, lol. Actually, i haven't given it much thought. If my sister asks me to go (i'm sure she will) i might! I would have to bring along my young child so i'm not sure i want to that with such chaotic crowds. I have been to block parties on South Street (in the early 80's) and many concerts at the JFK (miss that place) and i know that stuff was TAME!!! Are you going?

Oh yeah, taking off work and all. It's gonna be a slobber knocker of a good time. B)

Have a great time! I know the city will be filled with millions of drunks on Friday (wait, they already started!). When i left work at 11pm tonight i was only a couple blocks from Broad Street (and Walnut) and man the people were out and the horns were honking! I was told to honk my horn by a crowd of people while i sat at a light! I already got a taste of the excitement! I may have had my share, lol.

Stay safe!

Nice!

1 million fans eh??

There's gonna be million(s) in Philly on Friday!!!!

YEEEAAHHHH BABY!!! B)

After watching some of the news I will not be surprised to see something similar take place in Philadelphia .

1 million people gathered in celebration can be alarming .

I remember getting close to the heart of the city in downtown Toronto, packed in a throng of people just pushing and shoving their way closer to the center of action , and at one point it was so tight and constricting my feet were off the ground for brief periods.

Not comfortable .

On the bus ride to downtown , people were singing , openly drinking whatever , and smoking whatever as the bus tried to manipulate through the chaotic traffic.

The bus driver stopped once, came to the back of the bus and said if you smoke one more joint I will pull over and remove all passengers. We all laughed .

Eventually we did arrive downtown where every sports fan within 100 miles must have had the same idea . It was pure lunacy , and as we walked the streets amidst horns blowing , people screaming and general pandemonium the police force could only look on and play passive baby sitters , only dealing with the people that looked threatening.

Both years we won were like that and I filmed both nights , one day I will crack out the tapes and post some samples of the mayhem.

Congratulation Philadelphia , lets hope your brotherly love keeps the peace.

Cheers

Archived