The Rehearsal Thread

Led Zeppelin rehearsal 'brilliant'

BANG Showbiz

Nov. 30, 2007 08:54 AM

Led Zeppelin's first rehearsal since reforming was so "brilliant" they embraced in triumph.

Frontman Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page were so fired up after the legendary band's first practice session ahead of their comeback concert at London's O2 arena on December 10 they insisted on hugging.

Jason Bonham - who will replace his late father John Bonham on the drums for the show - revealed, "I didn't think there would be an instant sound. I thought, 'It's going to take some time.' But as soon as they started playing the classic 'No Quarter' it was if they had never been apart.

"When the riff came in there was this look that went around. It was brilliant. And the band were so fired up after the run-through of the next song we did, 'Kashmir', that Jimmy and Robert insisted on embracing.

"Jimmy said, 'Can you give me a hug?' and Robert shouted, 'Yeah, sons of thunder.' "

Plant added to NME magazine, "It was cathartic and theraputic. We got through it and it rocked."

Yeah, so much for the Sun's story that the rehearsals had run into difficulty. Every band has it's little personal differences, doesn't mean they don't hit the spot when it really counts. How much strife has there been in the Stones/Who camps over the years?

If they had such a good time in rehearsals, you can bet that Led Zeppelin will rise to the occasion big time when they walk on stage and 20,000 people let them know how much they have been missed.

It sounds like the magic is still there, hopefully the 02 gig will not be the last time Led Zeppelin performs together.

That sounds like a very real possibility. I think a $200 million guaranteed tour with LiveNation is a possibility, if not finally decided. Get ready for an $800 meet and greet.

I've got no problem with Zep cashing in on the big $, they deserve it. And I deserve to see it. Btw, although I've never seen Zep (did see Plant/Page at MSG in 95) the closest Zep experience I've ever had was sitting 10th row at Jones Beach in 2000 and seeing Page/Crowes. It was not Zeppelin, but Page/Crowes rocked Zep in a way that Zep itself would not do, nor would they try.

I can't wait for O2 and '08! ;)

Why is "the BIG Money" thing always brought up when talking about a Zep Tour in '08?

IF they do tour, and it's a BIG if, why would money all of the sudden be the reason why? If money was the case, they would have toured years ago and often!

Don't forget, the members of Zep and their families pull in HUGE royalty money, add to that any solo projects (RP), production (JPJ), Compilations(JP), Merch, etc. All this w/o even mentioning a Zep tour.

They are far from broke, and doing a Zep tour based on cash flow would be silly, obvious, and tarnish the good Zep name.

Cash does not a great band or tour make.

Add to that a Robert / Alison tour and a possible Grammy - winning CD and there would be another reason not to do it for the money.

Enough about the Dough making.

That sounds like a very real possibility. I think a $200 million guaranteed tour with LiveNation is a possibility, if not finally decided. Get ready for an $800 meet and greet.

Not Robert's style. they've been offered this sort of money before and been nowhere near accepting. If they were chasing the big-bucks they could have done it anytime. RP's stating quite firmly thus far that it's a one-off.