Looking for Plant and Page interviews with Dan Neer

maven2blue

I know that they did several interviews with Dan Neer. The ones that I am interested in were done in the late 1980's. I was on a website that mentioned a Plant interview from around 1988 that was put on LP. I would rather not buy the LP. I just wanted to know if the interviews have been posted on the internet so that I could read or listen to them. :)

I know that they did several interviews with Dan Neer. The ones that I am interested in were done in the late 1980's. I was on a website that mentioned a Plant interview from around 1988 that was put on LP. I would rather not buy the LP. I just wanted to know if the interviews have been posted on the internet so that I could read or listen to them. :)

Dan Neer became a central figure in the industry, and founded Neer Perfect Productions.

This is what I have in my archive, but they are not available online. It would be very labor intensive to have someone transcribe them, but it can be taken into consideration.

'Media America Presents Led Zeppelin' Autumn 1990 4 CD

'Robert Plant - Profiled!' 1990 1 CD

'Up Close - Robert Plant The Zeppelin Years' Part 1 of 2 Week of Feb 8-14 1988 2 LP

'Up Close - Robert Plant The Zeppelin Years' Part 2 of 2 Week of Feb 22-28 1988 2 LP

'Up Close - Robert Plant' Part 1, 2 & 3 1993 3 CD

'Up Close - Robert Plant' July 22nd & 29th, August 5th & 12th 2002 4 CD

There was an 'Up Close - Jimmy Page' produced in 1988 but I do not own one (yet).

There's a very cool interview I have from around 1981 or 1982 of Jimmy Page being interviewed by a British cat about his career as a sessionman, the Yardbirds era and Led Zeppelin days. It appeared in written form in a later book called Guitar Greats. Jimmy sounds very nasaly and he comes across fairly buzzed. It's an interesting listen.

I have this Plant interview:

infosheet.jpg

On the subject of Jimmy, I have these:

1) 1988.06.22 Rockline Interview

2) 1988.09.08 95YNF Tampa, Florida

3) 1988.09.23 WRNO New Orleans, Louisiana

4) 1988.10.xx Today Show Interview

5) "An Interview with Jimmy Page" - Geffen (PRO-CD-3099)

Conducted by Mick Wall, Host of "Monsters of Rock." Broadcast on the SKY CHANNEL in the U.K. and Europe.

6) Media America Radio Presents UP CLOSE JIMMY PAGE

Near Perfect Productions 1988

There's a very cool interview I have from around 1981 or 1982 of Jimmy Page being interviewed by a British cat about his career as a sessionman, the Yardbirds era and Led Zeppelin days. It appeared in written form in a later book called Guitar Greats. Jimmy sounds very nasaly and he comes across fairly buzzed. It's an interesting listen.

Book details: Stuart Grundy, John Tobler, 'The Guitar Greats' (BBC Books), 1983

Thanks everybody. esp Steve and Ninelives. I read a biographical piece on the internet about Neer, a couple years ago and was curious about his interviews. I have seen the 88 LP for sale but was hesitant to buy it without knowing a little more about the interview. I've also seen the up close interviews for sale. Transcribing interviews is arduous so I wasn't going to ask anyone to do this. If there were more people interested in these interviews, I would say go for it.

Archived