What Are You Reading?

Chicken

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased Led Zeppelin: The Oral History of the World's Greatest Rock Band and a fiction chick lit book about the mother of Henry VII. I started in the on the Zeppelin book and will save the paperback for a flight next week.

After reading reviews and comments over the past year on this website about factual errors and embelishments in some of these Zeppelin "history" books, I'm sure some will think I'm wasting my time and money. But I don't care, it's entertainment, isn't it?

I got this when it came out and have just started reading. I like the style. It's almost 100 percent quotes from a large cast of people that interacted with the band. There are also sources for every quote in the back of the book making these quotes credible in my eyes. The subject matter varies and it isn't organized by year to year as you might expect. But, I can flip it open to any page and quickly find a quote from someone (occasionally the band members themselves) with interesting info (often new to me). Great pick up and read book, recommended. :)

I don't think so, who is it by?

Written by Aleister Crowley, who claimed it was dictated to him by a discarnate entity named "Aiwass"

I find Crowleys books intriguing, if for no other reason, to see where Jimmys head was at during the early 70's / late 60's.

post-841-0-94623600-1354852928_thumb.jpg

Written by Aleister Crowley, who claimed it was dictated to him by a discarnate entity named "Aiwass"

I find Crowleys books intriguing, if for no other reason, to see where Jimmys head was at during the early 70's / late 60's.

I will read most likely read it if I can find a copy. These kinds of books intrigue me. Thank you so much! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Aint you supposed to throw it away and forget what you've read after you've finished reading it ?

• 2 months later...

So many of the bands I'm a fan of have cited Flannery O'Connor as an influence over the years but I've never read any of her books so I figured there was no time like the present to bring myself up to snuff with some of her work. I've also been hearing about Eudora Welty for quite some time so I also checked out one of her books from the local library.

I read some Eudora Welty short stories a long time ago and remember liking them...never got around to reading Flannery O'Connor.

I've been reading "The Culture of Narcissism," Christopher Lasch's book from 1979 that I never got around to reading before. It's interesting to read a critique of the 70s 34 years later...also recently read "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell, which is one of the best novels I've read in a long time.

I'm reading Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People (author Tim Reiterman).

I was busy with life when this happened in 1978. All I can remember is the evening news about 1,000 people perishing in a cult. I hope this book will answer the questions I have about the tragedy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...