What Are You Reading?

Chicken

^ I really like it more than I thought! It makes me a bit sad at some parts but content with trying to understand whats important in life.

"I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words. She cast her fragrance and radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her...I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little strategems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her..."

I always wanted to get good enough with French to read Le Petit Prince.

I enjoy reading it in French, but you know if you google the title, one of the first sites has the whole book on there separated by chapters in English ;)

Edited by MrsRobertPlant

I know you can get it in English, but it was the fact that if I could read it in French, I'd now enough of the language to get by, you know?

I got a C in 2nd year French in high school. :bagoverhead:

Hehehe!, did you go any higher? I'm taking AP French next year and I'll be reading insane literature. By the way, whats the speak book about?

^ I hope its a breeze since I'm taking other APs too, but I know even native speaking French people don't do so well on the exam, so I must make sure I can excel :)

Also reading Burmese Days by George Orwell

I think native speakers don't do as well because it's very grammar-driven, and you don't always think about grammar rules when it's your native language.

Burmese Days is a great read!

MANDY!!! Read 1984 immediately, I read that book in 2 days (it wasn't one because it was too good to read too quick) and no book has topped that one for me yet. I'm currently looking for one that does. I'll read it again soon, since its been about about a year since I've seen it last. Animal Farm is great, by Orwell I read "Why I Write" and I liked that too. Its not a book, but just some of his ramblings and essays.

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

Edited by MrsRobertPlant

I'm reading

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.

It's a young adult book that I highly reccommend to all high school students.

I just finished readingthis book.

I am planning on buying multiple copies so I can allow students to read it.

This was oneof the BEST books I've read in a LONG time. (I started it yesterday and just finished it.)