Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chicken

What Are You Reading?

Othello by William Shakespeare (no, really?!)

Elle et lui by George Sand

I love Othello. Iago's the man. :shifty: Elle et lui is interesting as a psychological study, but it has a pretty boring plot. I've been reading for 30 pages now, and so far all that's happened is the usual guy likes girl, girl doesn't like guy "that way" because she's all liberated, so guy has to try harder to woo her. Oy.

You sound like me, I like to keep 2-4 going for fun. Over 4 is no fun for some reason. My mother always ways "You can only read one at a time" "NO YOU can only read one at a time mumsy."

I have to get that Page one, off I go ordering 'rubs hands briskly.'

:) I can't help it. Most of the times, I want to concentrate on one book only, but depending on the book and on the level of interest I might want to have another one on the side... :D

But as I said, I haven't started the Jimmy's yet. This one will have my one and only attention. For the moment, it keeps company to the other two on my bedside table... :)

I'm reading The Sea Will Tell by Vincent Bugliosi.

Scary, true story, I've read before but still a good read.

Been reading a lot of Douglas Coupland lately. Great Canadian author with a really distict voice and an ability to create characters you can relate to. Just finished Generation X and am now reading Shampoo Planet.

Edited by the queen without a king

Rolling Thunder Logbook by Sam Shepard Re-issue version,

as useal Im reading more than one book at once, this Ive read before but always love going back to it. It a kinda of diary of Shepards experience on the Rolling Thunder Revue which in my opinion saw Bob Dylan at his all time best. Led Zeppelin even made an appearence at one of the shows not as performers but to watch the show. Would have been great to see them jam with Dylan on stage.

Edited by Ethan

Karma Sutra sounds like a good nightime read lol.

Anyone here a fan of Jack Kerouac? hes one of my faverite authors he gave me a passion for the written thats for sure.

Just finished yesterday Anne Rice's: "The Mummy or Ramses the Damned" (I've probably read it like 12 times already, but it's always a good read).

I'm a big big Rice fan....to bad she's gone somewhat mental in the last decade.

I really miss her vintage Lestat and the whole immortal trop pieces.

0345369947.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I took a look at this book......

51TVJGS9TVL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Hard Times: An Oral History of the Great Depression (Paperback)

Quicksand.jpg

I just finished Quicksand.

I'm about 1/4 into Passing.

A female Harlem Renisance writer.

I'm reading a biography on John Adams.....it's the book that the miniseries on HBO was based on...it's friggin AWESOME.

I LOVE American history! :thumbsup:

Walter Burkert's Greek Religion, which is amazing, Iain Pears' The Dream of Scipio, which is really quite good, and Braudel's Memory and the Mediterranean, which is fabulous.

n1016.jpg

A beauty.....the more I read it (25 times exactly!! :)), the MORe I think Orwell was dead right and the MORE I think the human race, in all its ridiculous "superiority", stinx!! :)

Thanx Orwell.

Rob

Edited by dragster

Artist OF Life

The Philosphy of Bruce Lee

Cool book with some really great poems and writing from the man himself as well as samples from other philosphy he read and digged.

Starting this one right now....................."The Outer Limits Companion", a must for any OL TV series fan :)

OUTERLIMITSCOMPANIONbook.jpg

GQ w Gisele

I'm reading 2; "The Best of Friends: Two Women, Two Continents, and One Enduring Friendship"

by Sara James and Ginger Mauney (I'm really enjoying this!); and "Likely to Die" by Linda Fairstein.