What Are You Reading?

Chicken

This:

98619_f260.jpg

I'm not much of a reader - I just never want to. Card's Ender series and Shadow series are different, though. I've read all 8 books 5-15 times each, they're that good. According to wikipedia, the source of all objective truth in the universe, he's working on the next books in the series, and at least one of them should be out this year. Coooooooooooooooooooooooool. B)

I'm reading nothing but CRAP!!! I can't find anything funny, or riveting, or even remotely interesting. I need a funny book with sex in it. Any suggestions? (And don't say the Spats thread or I'll friggin' scream). Shit, I'll take just funny. Anything!

I'm reading nothing but CRAP!!! I can't find anything funny, or riveting, or even remotely interesting. I need a funny book with sex in it. Any suggestions? (And don't say the Spats thread or I'll friggin' scream). Shit, I'll take just funny. Anything!

Have you read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? There are 14 books so far. Meets all your criteria! ;)

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/plum.html

This doesn't fit her criteria for funny and sexy, but Patricia Cornwell's novels are a must-read, at least for me. I've got pretty much all of them, and they're addicting. You start reading one and you don't put it down until you've read the last page. In one sitting.

This doesn't fit her criteria for funny and sexy, but Patricia Cornwell's novels are a must-read, at least for me. I've got pretty much all of them, and they're addicting. You start reading one and you don't put it down until you've read the last page. In one sitting.

I like her too! You may also like Kathy Reichs and Linda Fairstein, if you haven't already checked them out. Reichs' books are what the tv show "Bones" is based on (a female medical examiner and her cases); and Linda Fairstein's series is about a NYC prosecutor who handles special victims unit cases (Fairstein worked as one herself before she began writing). :)

I'm reading nothing but CRAP!!! I can't find anything funny, or riveting, or even remotely interesting. I need a funny book with sex in it. Any suggestions?

...i suggest never mix reading and sex...hard to stay focused.

but for interesting try...

51J6KXH1Y9L._SS500_.jpg

I just finished reading Twilight a week ago. Gag. This is honestly a really popular series? Man, the post-Potter world really is depressing. I kind of want to read the second book just to see if anything ever finally happens, but the characters are so one-dimensional that I'm not sure I'll care if anything remotely interesting does come up. Plus, the author's writing "style" gives me a pain.

At the moment: Another idiotic email from my boss that has no subject line so you have to open every single freekin email and the contents.....don't get me started bout them....putz!

I am also reading; The Northern Forest - a study of aboriginal people in Alaska/Yukon, past to (somewhat) present.

been re-reading "inside the third reich" by albert speer. not as good a "spandau diaries", but i still pick it up every few years or so.

i also just picked up "greatest works of art of the western civilization" by thomas hoving. i'd have to agree with most of his 150 or so choices. nice printing, too...

i've almost finished "w.e.b. du bois biography of a race" by david levering lewis. very thorough and well written. a quote: "we claim for ourselves every single right that belongs to a freeborn american-and until we get these rights we will never cease to protest or assail the ears of america. the battle we wage is not for ourselves but for all true americans". -du bois born 1868