What Are You Reading?

Chicken

Led Zeppelin Official Forum >> General Forum >> Ramble On

Oh, wait... ^_^

I'm reading a lovely book by Martha Grimes called "The Blue Last." A murder mystery, but really it's about childhood loss, families, memories, how fleeting life is. Wonderful writer.

I just finished reading Twilight a week ago. Gag. This is honestly a really popular series? Man, the post-Potter world really is depressing. I kind of want to read the second book just to see if anything ever finally happens, but the characters are so one-dimensional that I'm not sure I'll care if anything remotely interesting does come up. Plus, the author's writing "style" gives me a pain.

Don't bother reading the other books, nothing happens at all. I went on due to the same reason as you...dull!

Edit: Oops, I forgot I'm a teenie girl, I'm suposed to like stuff like this...WTF

Edited by lucyinthesky

I'm re-reading (I tend to re-read alot) Carole Pope's autobiography called Anti-Diva. She used to be the singer in a band from Canada called Rough Trade. There are a few Zeppelin mentions in the book like how she saw them at the early shows they played in Toronto. She also mentions a meeting she had with Eddie Kramer at Electric Lady Studios and Jimmy Page happened to be there at the same time. This is what she said:

"I had a meeting with Eddie Kramer at his Electric Lady studio in the East Village. He was standing there with guitarist Jimmy Page who was dresssed entirely in black. I must say that everything paled next to Page in that room. I'd heard that he was into the cult of Aleister Crowley, an English satanist from the thirties. I found him intimidating."

• 1 month later...

I am between books and need to find a new mystery/crime series. Any suggestions? I've read Evanovich, Grafton, Truman, Patterson, Cornwell, Reichs, Fairstein, Muller and most of the Baldaccis. And have read Grisham and Dan Brown. Cozy mysteries are good too; I haven't read as many of those. :)

I was thinking of buying this book Jimmy Page: Magus, Musician, Man: An Unauthorized Biography. Has anyone read it and what do you think about it?

I bought this book and enjoyed reading it. I can't speak to its complete accuracy -- the experts in the forum could probably point out errors. They would probably say that there's not much new to be found. But the author is definitely a good writer with a nice style and I found it entertaining. I will definitely keep it rather than selling it to Half-Price Books (which I do with books I don't particularly care to hold onto).

Edited by Mernie

I am between books and need to find a new mystery/crime series. Any suggestions? I've read Evanovich, Grafton, Truman, Patterson, Cornwell, Reichs, Fairstein, Muller and most of the Baldaccis. And have read Grisham and Dan Brown. Cozy mysteries are good too; I haven't read as many of those. :)

I read Patterson - only the Cross series - read his last book Double Cross, and can't wait til he brings Cross back again.

Cornwell - I only read her Scarpetta's series. Not impressed with her other books.

Sara Paretsky, murder/mystery writer from Chicago. She writes out VI Warshawski - I think one of her books was made into a movie with Kathleen Turner as VI Warshawski. Great suspense. If you know the Chicago area, you can imagine the places are mentioned. Most of her writing is about South Chicago.

Karin Slaughter - Beyond Reach - great book and I read all her books, especially Triptch.

Iris Johansen - Stalemate - Forensic Thriller - Ms. Johansen writes about Eve Duncan

JD Robb - writes about Eve Dallas in the 2025 year - good series to read - most of her books are Romantic Suspense.

Lisa Gardner - good author - waiting for her new book to come out - Say Goodbye.

Harlan Corben - The Woods - keeps you on your feet.

David Baldacci - he writes about the CIA, FBI, Washington DC - hooked on his books - waiting for his current book to be printed in paperback.

Still waiting for Grafton's next book starting w/ the letter T. I travel a lot so I read on the plane.

Enjoy!

Edited by PennyLane

I was thinking of buying this book Jimmy Page: Magus, Musician, Man: An Unauthorized Biography. Has anyone read it and what do you think about it?

It was nice to read everything in one place, instead of different magazines I'd collected. Some things I didn't know. A lot I did. But I still loved it. I also liked how George Case incorporated the lines from The Ocean for his dectaction. That's my favorite line in the song.

I read Patterson - only the Cross series - read his last book Double Cross, and can't wait til he brings Cross back again.

Cornwell - I only read her Scarpetta's series. Not impressed with her other books.

Sara Paretsky, murder/mystery writer from Chicago. She writes out VI Warshawski - I think one of her books was made into a movie with Kathleen Turner as VI Warshawski. Great suspense. If you know the Chicago area, you can imagine the places are mentioned. Most of her writing is about South Chicago.

Karin Slaughter - Beyond Reach - great book and I read all her books, especially Triptch.

Iris Johansen - Stalemate - Forensic Thriller - Ms. Johansen writes about Eve Duncan

JD Robb - writes about Eve Dallas in the 2025 year - good series to read - most of her books are Romantic Suspense.

Lisa Gardner - good author - waiting for her new book to come out - Say Goodbye.

Harlan Corben - The Woods - keeps you on your feet.

David Baldacci - he writes about the CIA, FBI, Washington DC - hooked on his books - waiting for his current book to be printed in paperback.

Still waiting for Grafton's next book starting w/ the letter T. I travel a lot so I read on the plane.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the suggestions; I will check them out! I forgot to include Tom Clancy and Vince Flynn as authors I have enjoyed, esp. Flynn, whom I believe has a new one due soon as well!

:D

Stalingrad : Antony Beevor.

Just finished today, so I'll start Ted Simon's recent account of his round the world bike ride.

78 years old now. He didi the original, and best, bikers travel book 'Jupiter's Travels' about 35 years ago.

After that it'll be the third part of 'Driving Over Lemons'. Can't remember the title though.

Orange Blossom appreciation society or something.