What Are You Reading?

Chicken

It was very interesting, but like a lot of Holocaust books, it sometimes sounded the same.

Try reading 'Auschwitz' by Miklos Nyiszli (be prepared)

I just finished 'Indestructible' by Jack Lucas.

He was the youngest (17) person to win the Medal Of Honor by smothering a grenade with his body on Iwo Jima. There were actually 2 grenades but only one went off.

Currently reading 'Satisfaction' the bio of Keith Richards.

Oi!

B)

Started on Morgana Welch's Hollywood Diaries. I always read something a little less 'substantial' after a really heavy book. Next, I'll either go with Ronnie Wood's autobiography or Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White.

I'm curious to know what you think of it. I don't want to state my opinion on it to spoil anything for you. lol

I just picked up "Under Their Thumb" by Bill German about his experiences hanging out with The Stones. I'm wondering if it will be like a "Wonderland Avenue" thing (which I loved). We'll see!

Hi Virginia - Have you finished the book yet? I am about 1/2 way through reading "The Whole Truth". A great read. I have read most of Baldacci's books.

I did; it was really good! I've read most of his too, he is one of my favorites. If you like him, you may also like Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series; sort of a hybrid of Baldacci and Tom Clancy.

http://www.vinceflynn.com/

I'm curious to know what you think of it. I don't want to state my opinion on it to spoil anything for you. lol

I just picked up "Under Their Thumb" by Bill German about his experiences hanging out with The Stones. I'm wondering if it will be like a "Wonderland Avenue" thing (which I loved). We'll see!

I think she's in a whole league of her own with this one. Welch is certainly no writer, that's for sure, but it's entertaining enough. After reading something heavy like Villette, something with less substance is a welcome relief.

I must say though, from what I've read so far, she sounds like a whore. At least Pamela and Bebe maintained relationships. Morgana seems to have slutted herself out to anyone/everyone from an early age.

I think she's in a whole league of her own with this one. Welch is certainly no writer, that's for sure, but it's entertaining enough. After reading something heavy like Villette, something with less substance is a welcome relief.

I must say though, from what I've read so far, she sounds like a whore. At least Pamela and Bebe maintained relationships. Morgana seems to have slutted herself out to anyone/everyone from an early age.

Yes - similar to what I thought. Definitely my least favorite out of those books. For some reason I just didn't buy that those were actual diaries that she had written. Just certain things she writes. I need to find exact quotes before I start paraphrasing!

I finally decided to jump on the Twilight bandwagon to see what all the hype was about. I bought the book a few weeks ago and now I'm already finished! I've also since seen the movie and want to read the next book. Yeah, I'm turning into one of those crazy fans. B)

Yes - similar to what I thought. Definitely my least favorite out of those books. For some reason I just didn't buy that those were actual diaries that she had written. Just certain things she writes. I need to find exact quotes before I start paraphrasing!

I get what you mean. I have a feeling that she's trying to make them appear as genuine diary entries, but they seem to have hindsight in them. It's entertaining enough in the sense that I'm intrigued how one falls into that kind of life, but she doesn't even the kind of personal tone or charisma that some of the other books I've read have.

I did; it was really good! I've read most of his too, he is one of my favorites. If you like him, you may also like Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series; sort of a hybrid of Baldacci and Tom Clancy.

http://www.vinceflynn.com/

Hi Virginia,

I think I have read Vince Flynn's books, but don't remember Mitch Rapp. I will have to get a copy. BTW..I just picked up Christine Feehan, Murder Game, next book to read and she write about GhostWalker series. It's a romantic/suspense story and her last book about GhostWalkers was very good. Her books have the GhostWalker Creed and symbol details. Just a thought if you are interested.

I finally decided to jump on the Twilight bandwagon to see what all the hype was about. I bought the book a few weeks ago and now I'm already finished! I've also since seen the movie and want to read the next book. Yeah, I'm turning into one of those crazy fans. B)

me too! I saw the movie and now I'm about have way through the first book. Love it!