Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chicken

What Are You Reading?

J. Edgar Hoover - The Man and The Secrets

I've only just started it, going to be a mammoth task. It's about 700 pages long.

What do you make of it? I've watched documentaries which suggest that the moon landing was fake, but I'm not convinced. :unsure:

The evidence produced by the author especially the photos unveiled where he demonstrates that the shadows are UNmistakingly FAKE is VERY convincing to me...among all the other evidence produced in the bibliography and notes in the book :):). If you think that many movies look SO REAL (but they're ONLY movies), you get what I mean:):)

J. Edgar Hoover - The Man and The Secrets

I've only just started it, going to be a mammoth task. It's about 700 pages long.

I just started 'Murder, Inc.' by Burton Turkus

It's also about 500 pages.

:blink:

What do you make of it? I've watched documentaries which suggest that the moon landing was fake, but I'm not convinced. :unsure:

A few years back a friend of mine starting going on and on about black helicopters, D.B. Cooper, etc. and the Moon landings being a hoax. He was quickly reminded by an older brother of mine about a trip they took via charter plane back in the 70s to watch one of the Apollo missions lift off from Cape Canaveral. I think my brother worded it something like this, "do you think that was all staged just for our benefit"? Our friend never said another word about it after that.

Recently, I've been reading a lot.

I read Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. LOVED it.

I've also read A Separate Peace by John Knowles--it was a novel I could read again, but I didn't love it.

Another one I've read is Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse. I liked this one a lot. It's about a girl who lived in Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl.

I'm working on Stones Into Schools by Gregory Mortensen and Silas Marner by George Eliot.

Currently reading about John Cassavetes and how he made his early films....

Shadows

Faces

Killing Of A Chinese Bookie

Im reading a Stevie Ray Vaughn biography called 'Caught in the Crossfire', Im also reading a book called :Science of Being and Art of Living: Transcendental Meditation

ThePearl.jpg

Just finished. I liked it.

TortillaFlat.jpg

Just finished this one too. I liked it too.

InDubiousBattle.jpg

Finished this one too, didn't like it much. I may have to re-read it. I had a bit of disconnect with the characters.

I'm now working on this one:

TheHungerGames.jpg

Without going all Book Club, for the people who have read Herman Melville Moby Dick... how did you get along?

The reason I ask is most of the people I know seem to gave up halfway .

Without going all Book Club, for the people who have read Herman Melville Moby Dick... how did you get along?

I didn't give up halfway:):)

I don't think I ever got past the first chapter or so.

...and I'm an English lit teacher! :lol:

(I will NEVER assign that book to students, ever! Melville has short stories that are a bit more...engaging...that we can study instead.)

Edited by manderlyh

^

I've always thought about reading Moby Dick but I don't think I will now.

Bram Stoker's Dracula bored the pants off me during the middle 200 pages.

By the way, hello Mandy. I don't see you around much these days. :)