Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chicken

What Are You Reading?

I've just read all three books in the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

Great books. They're young adult novels, but they really were books I just had to keep reading.

Hunger Games

Catching Fire

Mockingjay.

Hunger-Games-Box-Set.jpg

I'm currently reading King of the Mild Frontier, an autobiography by another young adult author who lived in the Boise area, Chris Crutcher. We are going to see him speak in May, and I'm trying to get a few more of his books under my belt. I read him when I was in junior high and high school and I loved him.

KingoftheMildFrontier.jpg

Finished Keef's book. I LOVED it and have a new view on Keef. For all his "hard-ass words" and such, he is really an ol' softy, with a huge heart and a terrific sense of humor.

I'm in the middle of it right now... loving it so far!

I'm in the middle of it right now... loving it so far!

Same here. Great laughs, many head shakes and just can't put it down.

^I've never read it. I've shown it to my 9th graders before we start studying poetry though. I make them read "Oh Captain, My Captain!" before we watch it. I just showed it to them--it seems. We finished the poetry unit right before Christmas Break.

^I've never read it. I've shown it to my 9th graders before we start studying poetry though. I make them read "Oh Captain, My Captain!" before we watch it. I just showed it to them--it seems. We finished the poetry unit right before Christmas Break.

Hi there.....it seems we are colleagues then!!!:) The novel gives me the same chills as the movie....SUPERB ROBIN WILLIAMS 2:):)

Just finished:

Miss O'Dell...My Hard days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan. Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved.

Great read. Insights into Friar Park, Clapton etc.

Highly recommended, as is the CD that comes with it. I was surprised to learn when reading a recent Robert Plant interview that he was so inspired by one of the songs on a previous Oxford American Southern Music Sampler that he included it on one of his records.

Issue%2071-2.jpg

Picnic At Hanging Rock Lyndsey

Did you see the movie by Weir??! Grand!! If you get the chance, go see the REAL Hanging Rock north-west of Melbourne Australia.....that place is REALLY magic :):)

This thread <_<

no seriously I am reading Peter and Jane, tell me whats the snobbery about Dan Brown books ?? although I felt "The Divinci Code" was a bore to read, I have to say I was gripped with "Digital Fortress" and "Deception POint" really good reads. So why is there the backlash with him ??

Edited by leddy

This thread <_<

no seriously I am reading Peter and Jane, tell me whats the snobbery about Dan Brown books ?? although I felt "The Divinci Code" was a bore to read, I have to say I was gripped with "Digital Fortress" and "Deception POint" really good reads. So why is there the backlash with him ??

There is no snobbery about Dan Brown books, more a question of taste, I like you wasn't over fond of "The Davinci Code", but the others are fine. (preferred the film)

Lots of people like fact based books either History, Biographies, there are people who like facts & figures.

So just keep reading what you enjoy.

I would read anything or at least give it a try before passing judgement, some people will not. :( but true.

There is no snobbery about Dan Brown books, more a question of taste, I like you wasn't over fond of "The Davinci Code", but the others are fine. (preferred the film)

Lots of people like fact based books either History, Biographies, there are people who like facts & figures.

So just keep reading what you enjoy.

I would read anything or at least give it a try before passing judgement, some people will not. :( but true.

Well in the media there does seem to be a bit, from what I hear anyway, ok its not old Bill Shakepeare :book: