What Are You Reading?

Chicken

51PGavNc-YL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Can't believe it took me this long to read a book from Neil, but if it's worth reading, time just flies. Not to get too "in-depth," but it's sort of a travelogue (only better) with some great stories about concerts, motorcycling & just life on the road in general. Not sure, Sean, if you'll love if if you're not a Rush fanatic, but as far as just reading goes, it's good time-filler...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm reading "The Life of the Cosmos" by Lee Smolin, who postulates that the reason we can't seen to get a handle on a "Unified Field Theory", like the one Einstein was searching for, is because the laws of physics may be evolving as the universe matures.  Basically he is combining (or maybe reconciling) the concepts of Darwin and Einstein.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Cosmos-Lee-Smolin/dp/0195126645

• 1 month later...

'The Heart Of Hell'-----It's about the gunboats that had to land right on the beaches at Iwo Jima to help protect the Marines.

'Brave Men' by Ernie Pyle----The man really got around in WW2 and everyone loved him.

'Lonesome Dove'---Larry McMurtry (950 pages)----One hell of a novel and TV series.

• 5 weeks later...

Revisiting the filthy Manson Family saga. The two main texts that I have read are Vincent Bugliosi's "Helter Skelter" of course, and Ed Sanders "The Family" (which ended with the arrests of Manson, Tex, Sadie, et al). But there have been some recent additions to my Manson library, including a later edition of Ed Sanders book that adds five new chapters covering the trial and the aftermath.

20190812_104853.thumb.jpg.524c9da779e5d7deb967a63be9f6436d.jpg

Edited by Strider

11 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

61lIRbCP4TL.jpg

You will have to let us know if he talks about his episodes on Seinfeld.  Here is one of the funniest moments I ever saw on network TV.  The other moment in this episode he was making a move on Elaine in the car and she was thinking "who does this guy think he is?" and Keith was thinking "I'm Keith Hernandez!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...