Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chicken

What Are You Reading?

The Golden Age of Advertising: 1970s. Close to 400 pages of ads from that decade, ranging from cigarettes and head shops to clothes and Penthouse. Very interesting.

41FZDYV1BBL._AA240_.jpg

Started it this morning.

One of the blurbs on the back says "a real page-turner!" or something...it's right.

Here's just a few of the things I have that I'm very slllooowwwly working my way through (geez...can you tell the semester's just started?):

January 2008's edition of The English Journal

Do I Really Have to Teach Reading? by Cris Tovani

I Read It, But I Don't Get It by Cris Tovani

Jim Burke's Letter to A New Teacher: A Month-By-Month Guide to the Year Ahead

The Newest issue of NEA Today, (came in the mail today)

PoetryEverywhere.jpg

Poetry Everywhere

studyingpoetry.jpg

Studying Poetry by Brian Moon

DandelionWine.jpg

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury for my student teaching

Edited by manderlyh

Slash's new book. It's hard to believe some of the stuff in it !! But it was very intresting & funny. I get the feeling he hates Asshole Rose.

Deborah Harkness's John Dee's Conversations with Angels, which is very well done. On a bit of a Dee binge at present--quite an intriguing fellow.

Also just got a great V&A exhibit book, Gothic: Art for England 1400-1547.

Recently i have read The picrute of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wylde in the priginal and i was amazed!! what a wonderful book...and now i'm reading All the King's men...by Robert Wotton)))

Evil Spirits

The biography of Oliver Reeds life, legendary hell raiser and well known British actor who sadly passed away in 2000.

Second time Ive read this book carnt get enough of it :)

Recently i have read The picrute of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wylde in the priginal and i was amazed!! what a wonderful book...and now i'm reading All the King's men...by Robert Wotton)))

THe Picture of Dorian Grey is a fantastic book and by a wonderful Irish author :D:lol: Really pulls you into the book, doesn't he?

I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak(sp?)

I've read All the King's men by Robert Penn Warren. The main character was Willie Stark who was based on Huey Long, former govenor and senator from Louisiana.

I've been working on See Spot Run for about three years now. I'm almost done. :P

Well, we all have to start somewhere. Try "The Little Engine that could" next. I'm sure you'll find it inspirational. :P

Woody Allen - Complete Prose

Funniest. Book. Ever.

then you'd probably like this oldie - but insanely funny.

roth_portnoys_l.jpg

CHILDREN OF DUNE by Frank Herbert (still reading)

nice

for the skillionth time, I'm again reading

godemp.jpg

Maybe Heretics or ChapterHouse after that.

Well, we all have to start somewhere. Try "The Little Engine that could" next. I'm sure you'll find it inspirational. :P

I'm not sure I've quite reached that reading level yet, but I'm really gonna try. You guys might have to help me sound out the big words, though. :(

I'm not sure I've quite reached that reading level yet, but I'm really gonna try. You guys might have to help me sound out the big words, though. :(

:console: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. I did :D:lol:

:console: I believe in you. :D